HWMonitor Readings (OVERHEATING)

Heya, can someone explain the readings and why TMPIN3 is fluctuating from 30 ° celsius in idle to 39-43 °, sometimes 55 even 60 when im web-browsing? Thanks.

My system:

Asus z170 pro gaming

i7 6700k stock

8 gb ddr4 kingston

Seasonic 620W Bronze.

NO GPU atm.

Untitled.png

Just now, scubaskot said:

Heya, can someone explain the readings and why TMPIN3 is fluctuating from 30 ° celsius in idle to 39-43 °, sometimes 55 even 60 when im web-browsing? Thanks.

My system:

Asus z170 pro gaming

i7 6700k stock

8 gb ddr4 kingston

Seasonic 620W Bronze.

NO GPU atm.

CHECK your airflow or cpu cooler.

Just now, lolimpol said:

CHECK your airflow or cpu cooler.

I did. i put a new thermal paste. - Arctic silver 5. and i got H80i

I did. i put a new thermal paste. - Arctic silver 5. and i got H80i

chack any background proccesses in windows, task manager: advanced at the bottom

Just now, lolimpol said:

chack any background proccesses in windows, task manager: advanced at the bottom

i checked that too. when the cpu is at 1-2% the TMPIN3 stays between 29-30, when im web-browsing jumps immediately to 39-45 and it goes back to 33-35. but when im refreshing a page then it goes back to high temperatures...

i checked that too. when the cpu is at 1-2% the TMPIN3 stays between 29-30, when im web-browsing jumps immediately to 39-45 and it goes back to 33-35. but when im refreshing a page then it goes back to high temperatures...

damn, that's pretty weird...

i did a test stress with aida64 after 5-10 min TMPIN3 reaches 63-66

i did a test stress with aida64 after 5-10 min TMPIN3 reaches 63-66

so that's pretty good.
try reinstalling your browser

What max temperature does it reach when the system is put under stress loads?

Can you take another screenshot of the same monitoring programs while the system is under stress test?

if you are using google chrome try disabling hardware acceleration when available in settings

l i7 5930k | Rampage V Extreme | Corsair H110i GTX | G.Skill Ripjaws 4 16GB DDR4 3000Mhz | EVGA GTX 1070 Superclocked ACX 3.0 | EVGA SuperNova 750w G2 | Samsung 960 Evo 250GB l Samsung 950 Pro 256GB | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | 1 TB WD Red | Corsair 900D |

Evolution - https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/LbJq9W

CPU-Z Validation - http://valid.x86.fr/3dxmew

Im using firefox most of the time. and here is a stress test -5 minutes, it reached 73 now cause its a bit hot in my room,

1.png

2 minutes ago, scubaskot said:

Im using firefox most of the time. and here is a test stress -5 minutes, it reached 73 now cause its a bit hot in my room,

Those temperatures don't look concerning to me. If you want to experiment where the heat is I would hold a fan blowing air over the PCH heatsink, to see if that drops that temperature reading. It might be worth looking at your case airflow to make sure it is sufficient.

What is the ambient temperature?

How many hours ago did you apply the arctic silver?

thats just vrm temps on your mobo. the problem is you have an aio so there isnt great airflow to the mobo heatsinks. you could either add some more case fans or if you have a spare fan, have it blow directly over the area around the socket

Altair - Firestrike: http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/13945459

CPU:  i7-4790 @ 3.6 GHz Motherboard: Gigabyte B85M-DS3H-A RAM: 16GB @ 1600MHz CL11 GPU: XFX RX 470 RS Storage: ADATA SP550 240GB | WD Blue 1TB | Toshiba 2TB PSU: EVGA B2 750W Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro Fans: Phanteks PH-F200SP (Front) | Phanteks PH-F140SP (Rear) | Noctua NF-A15 (Top)

Mouse: Logitech G502 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 MX Brown | Audio: Sennheiser HD 558

Just now, DrMikeNZ said:

Those temperatures don't look concerning to me. If you want to experiment where the heat is I would hold a fan blowing air over the PCH heatsink, to see if that drops that temperature reading. It might be worth looking at your case airflow to make sure it is sufficient.

What is the ambient temperature?

How many hours ago did you apply the arctic silver?

i changed it 2 days ago with arctic silver 5 and the ambient temp is ~25

and you are right the temp of TMPIN3 is pretty okey but im concerning because is fluctuating fast from 33 idle to 45 while im web browsing, even when im starting skype or speedfan it goes to 45-50.

3 minutes ago, DrM said:

thats just vrm temps on your mobo. the problem is you have an aio so there isnt great airflow to the mobo heatsinks. you could either add some more case fans or if you have a spare fan, have it blow directly over the area around the socket

On Aida64 VRM temp is 52 MAX

14 minutes ago, scubaskot said:

i changed it 2 days ago with arctic silver 5 and the ambient temp is ~25

It should have cured properly then. Although the instructions does specify 200 hours break-in time.

24 minutes ago, scubaskot said:

On Aida64 VRM temp is 52 MAX

Only Asus, or experimentation, will be able to tell you where that sensor is. AIDA64 has mislabeled sensors in the past.