how to permanently disable scaling on high dpi setting

Mrcrysis2000

Hi 

Updated to 8.1 as im a student and everything is blurry i tracked it down to the High dpi settings being used so i can disable it per program

is there a big button or like a program i can run that permanently disable scaling on high dpi setting?? 

thanks!

By default Windows have it's DPI settings at 100% (96dpi), which is normal.

It must also be noted that Windows 8.1 is not official released, you only have the RTM version. It will be released tomorrow.

If everything is blurry, it means that the resolution is probably not your monitor native resolution, or you are using VGA connector. Make sure that you are using DVI or DisplayPort connector. To set your monitor to it's native resolution, right-click on the desktop, and select Screen Resolution, from there change the resolution to your monitor resolution (max value you can pick, normally)

If you think Windows 8.1 increased the DPI on you, can adjust it, by right-clicking on the desktop, and select Screen Resolution, then click on "Make text and other items larger or smaller".

From there you can adjust the DPI setting.

It will be released tomorrow.

Maybe for you, If you have windows 8, the updates start today, in about 7-8hours or so. (and it's free)

does anyone know exactly what time tomorrow (8/17) it will be released? 12am pst? I am in pst and ill be up at that time anyways so maybe I'll get the update tonight?!

Delltopia

Case & Mobo: Stock Dell Optiplex 7010, CPU: i5 3470, RAM: 16gb 1333 DDR3 (1x8gb Corsair Vengence, 2x4gb Random), GPU: Diamond Radeon HD 7970,

PSU: EVGA GQ 650W, SSD: Kingston v300 128gb (OS), HDD: 700gb Seagate 7200rpm (Storage)