Search options!

MVPernula

Searching for specific words works, but when I try to go under more options I realized that.. It made no difference. When I searched for "540 Corsair" and wanted to make it specifically under "Build logs" I saved the search options but it still showed ALL results from earlier. It said that it was fetching posts or whatever but ultimately only loaded the same posts again without showing the results for only the build logs.

Works fine for me. Screenshot of your search settings?

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

21 minutes ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Works fine for me. Screenshot of your search settings?

Under "Forum" I check the box for "Build Logs" basically.

After pressing search content I get the same results as to when it's unchecked.

1z4cs3q.png

1 minute ago, MVPernula said:

Under "Forum" I check the box for "Build Logs" basically.

After pressing search content I get the same results as to when it's unchecked.

1z4cs3q.png

. It does have bugs. I found another while testing with those settings. Marking forum doesn't make difference if you don't have content checked. Also if you check any from left panel, you can't reset it in anyway. Other than loading whole search thing again from search box. Just refresh doesn't work.

Check "Topics" from left panel too, it will make the difference. I do it by default, so didn't realize others don't.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Either you have javascript disabled, or there's something wrong - the filters are only supposed to display once you've checked topics, and selecting something from all, topics, blogs etc is supposed to be mandatory. 

HTTP/2 203

2 minutes ago, colonel_mortis said:

Either you have javascript disabled, or there's something wrong - the filters are only supposed to display once you've checked topics, and selecting something from all, topics, blogs etc is supposed to be mandatory. 

Hmm, sounds odd. I'm at work and was met with this issue here. I'll see if I'm experienceing the same from home.

33 minutes ago, colonel_mortis said:

Maybe you could add label to make that more clear. I have javascript enabled and I can replicate issue when I don't select content. Maybe add the red asterisk to show that its required or only show category selection when searchable content is selected?

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

4 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Maybe you could add label to make that more clear. I have javascript enabled and I can replicate issue when I don't select content. Maybe add the red asterisk to show that its required or only show category selection when searchable content is selected?

I am not able to unselect all content types - one must be selected at any given time. How did you manage to not have any selected?

HTTP/2 203

I am not able to unselect all content types - one must be selected at any given time. How did you manage to not have any selected?

Normal search from search bar, nothing selected from dropdown. After results click on more search options it gives this:search options.jpg

(don't mind the weird overall look, had to zoom out to get whole thing shown)

Also found yet another thing. Clicking navigation link for search brings this https://linustechtips.com/main/search/?controller= which shows as Error code: 2S100/1.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

I think this issue has been fixed for the next update, because I can reproduce it here but not on the prerelease build of the next version, but after the update (probably in a couple of weeks), please let me know if it's not fixed.

HTTP/2 203

15 minutes ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Also found yet another thing. Clicking navigation link for search brings this https://linustechtips.com/main/search/?controller= which shows as Error code: 2S100/1.

I can't reproduce this - the link on the activity section of the menu works correctly for me. Which navigation link are you clicking that doesn't work?

HTTP/2 203

16 minutes ago, colonel_mortis said:

I can't reproduce this - the link on the activity section of the menu works correctly for me. Which navigation link are you clicking that doesn't work?

Home > Search. I was trying to reset the thing towards screen before more options are clicked open. Turns out only way is to open new tab and use search bar again.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

2 minutes ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Home > Search. I was trying to reset the thing towards screen before more options are clicked open. Turns out only way is to open new tab and use search bar again.

Can you post a screenshot of the link? I still don't follow - the only search links that I'm aware of are "advanced search" in the search filter dropdown (you can use that to open in a new tab), the search button on the mobile nav, and the search item in the nav bar under Activity - all of those have the correct link.

HTTP/2 203

Can you post a screenshot of the link? I still don't follow - the only search links that I'm aware of are "advanced search" in the search filter dropdown (you can use that to open in a new tab), the search button on the mobile nav, and the search item in the nav bar under Activity - all of those have the correct link.

search_link.jpg

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv