1800 usd gaming/stremaing setup

NinjaMonkey2017

You could get this rig which leaves you about 500 for your peripherals/OS. since you didn't say what you wanted for those i left them empty.

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/QwfZJV

Also, the rig will be primarily black and white with some minor blue highlights. should look pretty slick imo.

14 minutes ago, Zyndo said:

You could get this rig which leaves you about 500 for your peripherals/OS. since you didn't say what you wanted for those i left them empty.

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/QwfZJV

Also, the rig will be primarily black and white with some minor blue highlights. should look pretty slick imo.

all i can say about that is if you want to save some money, go with a hyper evo 212, it can clock up to around 4.5ghz. if you want higher clock speed, get the noctua dh-15

Just now, gtx1060=value said:

all i can say about that is if you want to save some money, go with a hyper evo 212, it can clock up to around 4.5ghz. if you want higher clock speed, get the noctua dh-15

all i can say about that is that shit would look ugly af in this system. the H7 is a bit better than the 212 evo, and looks WAY better. no sense in cheaping out on 10-20 bucks at the end of an 1800 dollar setup just to go for the "bang for the buck" approach. Same deal with the DH-15, if you're going to do that, you may as well get something like a kraken X61 which will perform slightly better and look WAY better

Just now, Zyndo said:

all i can say about that is that shit would look ugly af in this system. the H7 is a bit better than the 212 evo, and looks WAY better. no sense in cheaping out on 10-20 bucks at the end of an 1800 dollar setup just to go for the "bang for the buck" approach. Same deal with the DH-15, if you're going to do that, you may as well get something like a kraken X61 which will perform slightly better and look WAY better

Yes, I suppose, but water cooling is really finicky and if the pump dies you pretty much can't run your computer 

Just now, gtx1060=value said:

Yes, I suppose, but water cooling is really finicky and if the pump dies you pretty much can't run your computer 

there is nothing finicky about an AIO, and yes if the pump dies you're going to have to replace the cooler. But that goes for literally any other system component. if it dies, you need to replace it. if that bothers you then you shouldn't be building computers.

Don't get me wrong, there is certainly a time and place for "bang for the buck"... but that isn't what everyone needs/wants. and i don't think this person is in that price area. I'm not hating on the DH-15 either, its a great cooler. but for 1800 bucks you should have a system turns you on more than you turn it on IMO.