Computer Dosen't Boot Up

Shashank62

Hi! My System Is Core i7 6850k, asus ROG Strix x99, 32GB RAM 2666MHz, with Corsair Hydro 115 Water Cooler, 1200Watt SMPS, But This system doesn't Boot up (means: When I press Power Button within A second This system get shut down). Please Help Me Solving The problem. I get stuck in my work.

Kind,

Regards,

Shashank.Mannur.

1 minute ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Probably a bad motherboard if everything is hooked up right.

but with-out the processor It will running longer time

So if I understand this correctly, when you do a cold boot (power up for the first time) your computer starts up (as in your fans spin and HDDs spin), then it shuts off?  Does it make it to the POST screen at all?  Is this a new build?  If so then you might want to check to see if you're heatsink is properly seated.  If not then there are a few things you can try.  If the computer doesn't make it to post before it shuts off then you might want to make sure your power supply is fine.  If you have another then try that without any of your other parts, basically only your processor, mobo and PSU.  If it doesn't reboot then you know that it's one of the parts removed.  If it doesn't work then however, you might have an issue with your mobo, psu or cpu.  I had an issue similar where my computer would constantly reboot which I found it to be a bent pin on the mobo where the cpu goes.  I replaced the mobo and had the same issue.  So I ended up getting a new cpu and mobo just to be sure.  

You did not mention what case it was. Does it use stand-offs, and did you install them? Have you tested the PSU? Does the 3.3V rail give you 3.3V?

Tried a different PSU? Wattage sure ain't problem, but maybe mobo just don't like the type...

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Basic PC parts guide

PSU Tier list

this system I build before 4 months. till date work properly but when I working yesterday it's suddenly gets shut off.

then it doesn't turn on.

Is this a brand new build, or was the system working fine and then one day wont power up? you didn't mention what GPU(s) you have installed. Make sure the PCIe power connector on the video cards are secure. I had a similar problem with my PC because the 8 pin connector (6+2) was loose (the +2 part) Also check your ATX 24Pin connector and the 8 Pin Aux CPU power connector.

rmurad38

i7 6700k | 32GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 | ASUS Z170I Pro Gaming | Zotac GTX1070 FE | Samsung 950 Pro 256MB M.2 SSD | SanDisk X400 1TB SSD | Noctua NH-U9S Cooler | EVGA Hadron Air

6 minutes ago, Shashank62 said:

this system I build before 4 months. till date work properly but when I working yesterday it's suddenly gets shut off.

then it doesn't turn on.

In that case, I'd probably look toward the power supply and its connectors to the other components in your PC. Perhaps swap it out for another if you have a spare.

rmurad38

i7 6700k | 32GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 | ASUS Z170I Pro Gaming | Zotac GTX1070 FE | Samsung 950 Pro 256MB M.2 SSD | SanDisk X400 1TB SSD | Noctua NH-U9S Cooler | EVGA Hadron Air

Since you already tried a different psu I would recommend removing parts here and there to see if you get a post.  If you have your mobo speaker connected it should beep for certain parts being removed.  Basically remove all non-essential parts and see if you still get the same symptoms.  If you remove everything but the mobo, psu and cpu and it stays on then you know it's probably not that.  Then add memory 1 stick at a time to see what happens.  Again if it stays on then add GPU and keep going with whatever else you  have.  Some piece of hardware has failed and hopefully it's not your cpu, mobo or gpu.  

Can you test your CPU in another rig?

Seems everyone is having dvrm issues.

What is your PSU model?