Online Client proof/gallery

d3sl91

Hey Guys, 

What do people use for online galleries, specifically ones used to provide clients access to their gallery both for proofing and ongoing access. Ability to order prints directly from site would be a plus, but not necessary. 

I am also very interested in self-hosted options, and options that can serve as a main site/portfolio as well. I already own server space and domains.

Please do not recommend squarespace. I understand they are great and may end up using them - but looking for other options considering I already pay for server space for a couple other websites and don't need yet another subscription if I can avoid it. 

D3SL91 | Ethan | Gaming+Work System | NAS System | Photo: Nikon D750 + D5200

5 hours ago, d3sl91 said:

Hey Guys, 

What do people use for online galleries, specifically ones used to provide clients access to their gallery both for proofing and ongoing access. Ability to order prints directly from site would be a plus, but not necessary. 

I am also very interested in self-hosted options, and options that can serve as a main site/portfolio as well. I already own server space and domains.

Please do not recommend squarespace. I understand they are great and may end up using them - but looking for other options considering I already pay for server space for a couple other websites and don't need yet another subscription if I can avoid it. 

For professional use, something like SmugMug would be a good choice but you'd have to pay a monthly fee I think.  You can also use Flickr, set up albums and sort of control who can see what with the use of a Guest Pass.  500px is also an option but I don't know if they offer something like password protection for albums so that you (the account owner) and only those you share the password for the album can access them.

But all three sites offer print and sale services.

Or yes, create your own site.

Guide: DSLR or Video camera?, Guide: Film/Photo makers' useful resources, Guide: Lenses, a quick primer

Nikon D4, Nikon D800E, Fuji X-E2, Canon G16, Gopro Hero 3+, iPhone 5s. Hasselblad 500C/M, Sony PXW-FS7

ICT Consultant, Photographer, Video producer, Scuba diver and underwater explorer, Nature & humanitarian documentary producer

I personally am working on my own way to get this sorted, which is mostly because of the lack of services for that in my area(that don't require credit cards)
I upload most of my work to flickr first and afterwards also to my own site, since i barely touch my lately desktop which has all the files of my site on it, it takes a while.
To produce a gallery I simply use the build in function of Lightroom, it works well and looks simple. that will do for sure until I find(or build) myself a good template as gallery.

things like who could enter a certain gallery(through a password or code) and an online shop are still work in progress, but as you can guess it might take a while if you prefer to build everything yourself.

But the easiest way to get all your needs done would be through flickr, you can make album's an pictures private so that only people with a link towards them can see it and it has their own print service, although I prefer to use smaller 3rd party print shops, but that is mostly cost and time related since all flickr orders are US based and I live in the Netherlands.

May the light have your back and your ISO low.