cat6 with cat 5 connectors

Redsiskin

i have cat6 cable with cat 5 connectors should i replace it to cat 6 connectors or it wouldn't change

my ISP always say i have noise in line can it be from that ?

thank to all

“When the last tree is cut down, the last fish eaten and the last stream poisoned, you will realize that you cannot eat money.”

i have cat6 cable with cat 5 connectors should i replace it to cat 6 connectors or it wouldn't change

my ISP always say i have noise in line can it be from that ?

thank to all

Cat6 and cat5 cables use the same connectors. 

Main Rig - Case: Corsair 200R   Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z270-GAMING-K3  CPU: Intel i5 7600 RAM: Corsair H55 RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB 3000MHz SSD: Crucial MX500 1 TB 

HDD: 2TB WD Green  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1660 Ti 6GB Windforce  PSU: Corsair CX 600W  

HTPC - Case: CiT MTX-007B   Motherboard: Biostar H61MGV3, CPU: Intel i5 2400  RAM: Patriot 4GB 1333MHz SSD: 240GB Toshiba SSD PSU: 180W CIT (Came with case)

Corsair 200R Front Bezel Mod

they dont

KpKay.jpg

“When the last tree is cut down, the last fish eaten and the last stream poisoned, you will realize that you cannot eat money.”

7 minutes ago, deansmylie1993 said:

Cat6 and cat5 cables use the same connectors. 

they CAN use the same standard RJ45 but cat6 and cat5 use different designs internaly, i think its annoying but i guess its good for something

should be fine but its not "optimal" my guess is that you wont notice but if its a longer run i would concider getting the right connector

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Anything less than 33 meters and I wouldn't worry too much about it.  The only concern is a higher amount of "cross-talk" between the wire pairs.  If there is more than typical interference or on longer runs, you may see a decrease in speeds.  Probably nothing you'd notice though unless you are pushing a lot of traffic.

Malo Periculosam Libertatem Quam Quietum Servitium

10 minutes ago, Redsiskin said:

they dont

KpKay.jpg

The connectors are the same. If they werent then they would not fit the designated ethernet ports. 

Cat5e

hqdefault.jpg

Cat6

1053_700x309.jpg

they CAN use the same standard RJ45 but cat6 and cat5 use different designs internaly, i think its annoying but i guess its good for something

should be fine but its not "optimal" my guess is that you wont notice but if its a longer run i would concider getting the right connector

The connectors are the same but the wiring is different

Main Rig - Case: Corsair 200R   Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z270-GAMING-K3  CPU: Intel i5 7600 RAM: Corsair H55 RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB 3000MHz SSD: Crucial MX500 1 TB 

HDD: 2TB WD Green  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1660 Ti 6GB Windforce  PSU: Corsair CX 600W  

HTPC - Case: CiT MTX-007B   Motherboard: Biostar H61MGV3, CPU: Intel i5 2400  RAM: Patriot 4GB 1333MHz SSD: 240GB Toshiba SSD PSU: 180W CIT (Came with case)

1 minute ago, deansmylie1993 said:

The connectors are the same. If they werent then they would not fit the designated ethernet ports. 

Cat5e

hqdefault.jpg

Cat6

1053_700x309.jpg

The connectors are the same but the wiring is different

thats  basically what i ment, i maybe just slightly screw up in my head sometimes :P 

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

1 minute ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

thats  basically what i ment, i maybe just slightly screw up in my head sometimes :P 

No worries. :)

the cable is 26 meters so i shouldn't replace the connectors ?