denuvo and origin ruins pc gaming

HmmR

So recently i bought few games like total war war hammer and tomb Raiders 2016

Now, the problem is if i want to play game offline i must first be online, login, launch the game and then go offline

So, basically if your ISP FUCKS UP, U WILL HAVE NO INTERNET PLUS NO GAMES

WHO EVER DESIGNED THIS IS AN IDIOT AND THERE IS NO WAY AROUND THIS UNLESS YOU DOWNLOADED THE PIRATED VIRSION 

GREAT JOB denuvo AND origin

Origin has an offline mode. I think you need to login once, but it still reduces the problem.

But yes, DRM is stupid and anti consumer. When you get a better experience by pirating the game you know something is wrong.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

2 hours ago, HmmR said:

Now, the problem is if i want to play game offline i must first be online, login, launch the game and then go offline

I think Steam only works offline for about a month, at which point you have to either log in or be locked out. I've had friends who needed to unsubscribe from their ISP, and they have lost access to their Steam games eventually. I don't know for sure what Origin does in that situation, but I doubt it's any worse than that.

DRM in general or Denuvo in particular don't bother me as long as they don't inconvenience paying customers, and in my experience Denuvo rarely does. The DRM that bothers me is when I have to log into Steam, launch Uplay, manually type a product code, log into a third game-specific online service, and use one activation of a three activation limit just to play Anno 2070. Ubisoft gonna be Ubisoft.