Hey everyone!

I've been thinking lately of getting a desktop PC ,right now i own a HP pavilion g6 2292-nr - hell of an oven(features AMD CPU with intergrated GPU , sometimes i can even burn myself  ).

So i decided, if a PC, than it should be as compact as possible, and it suppose to be fast enough, cause' i might play GPU-hard games sometime. And i also need  good performance for my job , and , you know, everyone hates waiting for everything to load. So what i want you to do guys , is to look at the components list, and tell me , if you have any advice , about the price, parts etc. Maybe there's no need to use certain components , and you could advise something better. And , if there's a cheaper way to build a PC close to this , without loosing much performance  , please let me know.

So we've got on mind:

Case : Fractal Design Node-202 (https://pcpartpicker.com/product/GsZ2FT/fractal-design-case-fdcanode202bk)
CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K
Motherboard : MSI Z170I GAMING
Graphics card : Asus TURBO-GTX1060-6G

RAM : Kingstom HyperX 16gb (2x8gb) 3200MHz
Storage : SSD SAMSUNG 850 EVO 120GB M.2 SATA  || 3.5" WD Blue 1TB SATAIII/64MB/7200rpm 
Power Supply :BE QUIET! SFX Power 2 400W
CPU cooling : THERMALRIGHT AXP-100 Muscle

Well , any part can be changed , except motherboard, or maybe you can tell better alternative. I know that the price for all that sweet pile of silicon and metal is 'sweet' enough.
Nevertheless I'll take any advice, if it has a good reasons :D 

Thanks everyone.

4 minutes ago, PenPoint said:

It's a good configuration, except the SSD capacity. More capacity, only if your budget allows, will be an excellent choice.

Frankly 120GB is quite small than you've expected.

Yeah, right now i use Kingston HyperX Fury 120GB SSD on my laptop now. Thanks xubuntu i have storage , and there's no games on laptop.
If it was win10 , then i would understand all the pain :D

Thanks for that.

CPU cooling : THERMALRIGHT AXP-100 Muscle

better use AXP-200 if possible

As for me i'd prefer Case   Fractal Design Core 500

so you'll be able to instal much better CPU cooling like Thermalright TRUE Spirit 120M(BW) Rev.A

А теперь по-русски скажу:

ты уверен, что тебе нужен i7 и 8 потоков? можно взять мать от Asrock Z170 и Core i5 6400 либо 6600K и разогнать

That cooler might not fit the Node 202.

The case's max cooler height is 56mm and the AXP-100's 58mm :/

Other than that, pretty solid build. As @PenPoint said I'd try to get a "bigger" SSD, that is, as said, if it still fits your budget.

If you are going to play some GPU intensive games, save some money by getting an i5 and try to get a 1070. If possible.

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

Just now, limexirius said:

CPU cooling : THERMALRIGHT AXP-100 Muscle

better use AXP-200 if possible

As for me i'd prefer Case   Fractal Design Core 500

so you'll be able to instal much better CPU cooling like Thermalright TRUE Spirit 120M(BW) Rev.A

А теперь по-русски скажу:

ты уверен, что тебе нужен i7 и 8 потоков? можно взять мать от Asrock Z170 и Core i5 6400 либо 6600K и разогнать

Good case , i thought of that one two , but thinking of slimmer one. But slimmer case gets slimmer cooling - and it's bad

По поводу процессора - так же думал об i5-6600K , была мысль о том что мне не нужна бешенная производительность i7, так что думаю ты в чем-то прав. А по поводу материнки , тоже хороший вариант , правда я пока еще не совсем разбираюсь какого производителя лучше выбирать, при выборе материнки . но этот вариант тоже учту , так что спасибо :)

2 minutes ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

That cooler might not fit the Node 202.

The case's max cooler height is 56mm and the AXP-100's 58mm :/

Other than that, pretty solid build. As @PenPoint said I'd try to get a "bigger" SSD, that is, as said, if it still fits your budget.

If you are going to play some GPU intensive games, save some money by getting an i5 and try to get a 1070. If possible.

Nice advice too.

What do you think of all new series of NVIDIA 10xx ? Maybe there's a no reason to buy new series of graphics card , and instead a reason to buy 9xx GPU? 

2 minutes ago, antonskochko said:

Nice advice too.

What do you think of all new series of NVIDIA 10xx ? Maybe there's a no reason to buy new series of graphics card , and instead a reason to buy 9xx GPU? 

The 1060 performs better than the 980, and I believe it's cheaper, so I don't see a reason to go with the 10xx series...

But if you can get a 980 for like three quarters of the price of a 1060, I don't see a reason not to buy it...

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

8 minutes ago, antonskochko said:

Good case , i thought of that one two , but thinking of slimmer one. But slimmer case gets slimmer cooling - and it's bad

По поводу процессора - так же думал об i5-6600K , была мысль о том что мне не нужна бешенная производительность i7, так что думаю ты в чем-то прав. А по поводу материнки , тоже хороший вариант , правда я пока еще не совсем разбираюсь какого производителя лучше выбирать, при выборе материнки . но этот вариант тоже учту , так что спасибо :)

На материнках  Asrock Z170 с правильным БИОС можно разогнать даже Core i5 6400/6500 по шине и не переплачивать за 6600K

ну, а охлаждение при разгоне необходимо всегда

удачи со сборкой! 

ПС. и в таком случае, если деньги позволят, бери 1070 - она очень крута)

37 minutes ago, antonskochko said:

Hey everyone!

I've been thinking lately of getting a desktop PC ,right now i own a HP pavilion g6 2292-nr - hell of an oven(features AMD CPU with intergrated GPU , sometimes i can even burn myself  ).

So i decided, if a PC, than it should be as compact as possible, and it suppose to be fast enough, cause' i might play GPU-hard games sometime. And i also need  good performance for my job , and , you know, everyone hates waiting for everything to load. So what i want you to do guys , is to look at the components list, and tell me , if you have any advice , about the price, parts etc. Maybe there's no need to use certain components , and you could advise something better. And , if there's a cheaper way to build a PC close to this , without loosing much performance  , please let me know.

So we've got on mind:

Case : Fractal Design Node-202 (https://pcpartpicker.com/product/GsZ2FT/fractal-design-case-fdcanode202bk)
CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K
Motherboard : MSI Z170I GAMING
Graphics card : Asus TURBO-GTX1060-6G

RAM : Kingstom HyperX 16gb (2x8gb) 3200MHz
Storage : SSD SAMSUNG 850 EVO 120GB M.2 SATA  || 3.5" WD Blue 1TB SATAIII/64MB/7200rpm 
Power Supply :BE QUIET! SFX Power 2 400W
CPU cooling : THERMALRIGHT AXP-100 Muscle

Well , any part can be changed , except motherboard, or maybe you can tell better alternative. I know that the price for all that sweet pile of silicon and metal is 'sweet' enough.
Nevertheless I'll take any advice, if it has a good reasons :D 

Thanks everyone.

When going with ITX build, it's kind of not worth to get Z170 since the only gain is overclocking. 

15 minutes ago, limexirius said:

На материнках  Asrock Z170 с правильным БИОС можно разогнать даже Core i5 6400/6500 по шине и не переплачивать за 6600K

ну, а охлаждение при разгоне необходимо всегда

удачи со сборкой! 

ПС. и в таком случае, если деньги позволят, бери 1070 - она очень крута)

Спасибо большое за совет ! :D

47 minutes ago, antonskochko said:

snip

The Node202 does not apparently support 3.5" drives. Here's something small, albeit not so thin, but with better cooling (The RX480 is there because it's in my preset at PCPartpicker, the price should be very similar to the 1060)

If you have money to spare you could go with 6600K and Z170 motherboard, but I'm sceptical about the results you could get with overclocking in this small case.

At any rate, Czech this out:

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/list/NBWCd6
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/list/NBWCd6/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel Core i5-6500 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($198.88 @ OutletPC)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($24.88 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H170N-WIFI Mini ITX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($114.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury Black 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory  ($65.99 @ B&H)
Storage: Kingston SSDNow UV400 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($59.99 @ Best Buy)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($69.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC Video Card  ($279.99 @ B&H)
Case: Fractal Design Node 304 Mini ITX Tower Case  ($79.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: Corsair RMx 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($79.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $974.69
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-09-14 08:03 EDT-0400

Quote and/or tag people using @ otherwise they don't get notified of your response!

The HUMBLE Computer:

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X • Noctua NH-U12A • ASUS STRIX X570-F • Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16 • GIGABYTE Nvidia GTX1080 G1 • FRACTAL DESIGN Define C w/ blue Meshify C front • Corsair RM750x (2018) • OS: Kingston KC2000 1TB GAMES: Intel 660p 1TB DATA: Seagate Desktop 2TB • Acer Predator X34P 34" 3440x1440p 120 Hz IPS curved Ultrawide • Corsair STRAFE RGB Cherry MX Brown • Logitech G502 HERO / Logitech MX Master 3

Notebook:  HP Spectre x360 13" late 2018

Core i7 8550U • 16GB DDR3 RAM • 512GB NVMe SSD • 13" 1920x1080p 120 Hz IPS touchscreen • dual Thunderbolt 3

1 minute ago, vojta.pokorny said:

The Node202 does not apparently support 3.5" drives. Here's something small, albeit not so thin, but with better cooling (The RX480 is there because it's in my preset at PCPartpicker, the price should be very similar to the 1060)

If you have money to spare you could go with 6600K and Z170 motherboard, but I'm sceptical about the results you could get with overclocking in this small case.

At any rate, Czech this out:

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/list/NBWCd6
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/list/NBWCd6/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel Core i5-6500 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($198.88 @ OutletPC)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($24.88 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H170N-WIFI Mini ITX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($114.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury Black 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory  ($65.99 @ B&H)
Storage: Kingston SSDNow UV400 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($59.99 @ Best Buy)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($69.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC Video Card  ($279.99 @ B&H)
Case: Fractal Design Node 304 Mini ITX Tower Case  ($79.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: Corsair RMx 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($79.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $974.69
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-09-14 08:03 EDT-0400

Nice list, very informative . The only thing i want to know, does RX480 overheats much?

5 minutes ago, antonskochko said:

does RX480 overheats much?

Its AMD Bruh.! What do you expect?

Hardcore Hardware Whore | Check out my Blog for for Latest Tech News and more | Cricket Fan | Weapons Nut | 

2 minutes ago, abhigyan001 said:

Its AMD Bruh.! What do you expect?

It's OK, in Witcher 3 with max detail (no anti-aliasing) at 3440x1440p it got up to about 75°C while maintaining 45~50FPS. And the NITRO+ version is quite quiet.

Quote and/or tag people using @ otherwise they don't get notified of your response!

The HUMBLE Computer:

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X • Noctua NH-U12A • ASUS STRIX X570-F • Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16 • GIGABYTE Nvidia GTX1080 G1 • FRACTAL DESIGN Define C w/ blue Meshify C front • Corsair RM750x (2018) • OS: Kingston KC2000 1TB GAMES: Intel 660p 1TB DATA: Seagate Desktop 2TB • Acer Predator X34P 34" 3440x1440p 120 Hz IPS curved Ultrawide • Corsair STRAFE RGB Cherry MX Brown • Logitech G502 HERO / Logitech MX Master 3

Notebook:  HP Spectre x360 13" late 2018

Core i7 8550U • 16GB DDR3 RAM • 512GB NVMe SSD • 13" 1920x1080p 120 Hz IPS touchscreen • dual Thunderbolt 3

After more answers i'll rethink the build , and update the list. I can feel know how much i can save by dropping some parts values down :D

I can confirm that the AXP-100/R/Muscle works with the Node 202. I'm using it on my ASUS Z170i Pro Gaming without having to remove the CPU fan filter either