Nvidia 8XX rumors thread

Lil Chillbil

I am so excited for the new gpu's next febuaryish I plan to buy a 860 and put it in my rig with a more quality psu. 

post any rumors in this thread. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GeForce_800_Series

Wikipedia seems to think its gonna happen

Code name maxwell nvidia's new gpu's should debut around Q1 2014

NVIDIA-GeForce-GTX-880-Logo.jpg

#KilledMyWife 

LTT's Resident Black Star

I should get an award for still being here at this point 

one word. yum

CPU: i5 4670k with Noctua C12P-SE14 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 SSD: 250gb Samsung EVO MOBO: MSI Z87-G43 RAM: 8GB G-Skill 1600mhz PSU: Antec HCG 620W CASE: Corsair 300R windowed 

Wasn't this pretty much confirmed? Personally i'd be staying off graphics cards until 20nm arrives in Q3/Q4 2014.

depending on how good the 880 is, I may sell my 780's and replace them (if atleast 15-20% increase in performance and cool new features)

hopefully they have 4-6gb of vram, would be a nice benefit too

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

yea, I am excited for their release, and hoping to upgrade my 570 for a 870 or 880. :D

can't wait :D

| CPU: i7 3770k | MOTHERBOARD: MSI Z77A-G45 Gaming | GPU: GTX 770 | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Trident X | PSU: XFX PRO 1050w | STORAGE: SSD 120GB PQI +  6TB HDD | COOLER: Thermaltake: Water 2.0 | CASE: Cooler Master: HAF 912 Plus |

^ fanboy.

Not really, Nvidia is just the lesser of two evils when it comes to drivers.

That divide is quickly closing though, the last couple years of Nvidia drivers have been horrendous.

Doubt it's 20nm.

Getting the 290x for now, if these are really better i'll sell it and get one of these.

“The mind of the bigot is like the pupil of the eye; the more light you pour upon it the more it will contract” -Oliver Wendell Holmes “If it can be destroyed by the truth, it deserves to be destroyed by the truth.” -Carl Sagan

Wasn't this pretty much confirmed? Personally i'd be staying off graphics cards until 20nm arrives in Q3/Q4 2014.

This pretty much. Why wait another 3 months when I can have a 290X now to buy an overpriced GPU that doesn't have any proprietary technologies I actually want, like TrueAudio and Mantle (technically)?

I just don't see a point in waiting if they aren't 20nm. 28nm can only be pushed so far.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Everything we know right now indicates that 20nm won't be out for another year. 

“The mind of the bigot is like the pupil of the eye; the more light you pour upon it the more it will contract” -Oliver Wendell Holmes “If it can be destroyed by the truth, it deserves to be destroyed by the truth.” -Carl Sagan

Not really, Nvidia is just the lesser of two evils when it comes to drivers.

That divide is quickly closing though, the last couple years of Nvidia drivers have been horrendous.

While I agree that nVidia drivers have been less than stellar as of late, I would not say that NVidia is the lesser of the two evils. AMD drivers have NEVER fried their cards........nVidia has been responsible for such occurrences a couple of times, one quite recent IIRC.

BTW, I do agree with 11k, FeltyKat sounds very much like a fanboy.....or, at least, that's what a fanboy would say. <_<

Oh yeah, shouldn't this thread be in the 'Off Topic' section? No hard evidence of specs, performance and a confirm release date verified with links (to trustworthy review sites).....sounds more like rumor mongering, hence Off Topic.

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

While I agree that nVidia drivers have been less than stellar as of late, I would not say that NVidia is the lesser of the two evils. AMD drivers have NEVER fried their cards........nVidia has been responsible for such occurrences a couple of times, one quite recent IIRC.

BTW, I do agree with 11k, FeltyKat sounds very much like a fanboy.....or, at least, that's what a fanboy would say. <_<

Oh yeah, shouldn't this thread be in the 'Off Topic' section? No hard evidence of specs, performance and a confirm release date verified with links (to trustworthy review sites).....sounds more like rumor mongering, hence Off Topic.

i can say what ever you want you that nvidia will always take that top spot man

i can say what ever you want you that nvidia will always take that top spot man

Do tell us more.

On a side note, I hope they keep that same Titan cooler design and make a few performance improvements.

i can say what ever you want you that nvidia will always take that top spot man nvidia already had the solution for frame pacing for long time where amd all this time escaped with its problems and never tried to fix it until they were forced to yeah so i have problem with anyone calling me a nvidia fanboy

Physics done best on Nvidia ..... PHYSEXY !

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

Keen as haha, I'm thinking of waiting till the next line of cpu's and motherboards come out and then upgrade. Since my PC is 3 years old.

Physics done best on Nvidia ..... PHYSEXY !

physX promoter? that's the saddest title i've seen on any kind of forum so far...

"done best on Nvidia"? Well no shit since it's their property.

physX promoter? that's the saddest title i've seen on any kind of forum so far...

Did you notice I said physics done best on Nvidia ?  Learn to read.

.... and as for the physX promoter title uh that was put up in fun for people who might remember me from NCIX and all the physX wars there 

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

Agreed, it is quite sad what some fanboys would say. Anyway, since this looks like a flamebait thread with absolutely no links to hardware review sites on this subject, hence a pointless thread, I have reported it to a mod and await appropriate action.

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

Did you notice I said physics done best on Nvidia ?  Learn to read.

.... and as for the physX promoter title uh that was put up in fun for people who might remember me from NCIX and all the physX wars there 

Let me put it this way, people way above me and you, who are actually part of the industry, who know what they're talking about and who care about the well being of everyone and the industry itself say this: PhysX is just proprietary bullshit that doesn't help the gamers, doesn't help the developers and doesn't help the industry itself.

It's like console exclusives, the only reason they exist is to sell the console, instead of having the game available to everyone and selling more units, they make it into an exclusive to just have a reason to buy their hardware.

Nobody likes proprietary crap, the only person it benefits is it's owner.

waiting for this :)

Need an upgrade from a GTX 560 to an 870 :)

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670k Mobo: MSI Z97 Gaming 3 RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 8GB 1866 Video Card: MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4G SSDSamsung 840 Evo 250GB HDD: WD 1TB + 500GB Caviar Blue
PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 750W G2 Case: Gigabyte GZ-G1 Mouse: Corsair M65 RGB Keyboard: Corsair K70 MX Brown MousePad: Corsair MM200
Steam/Origin/Uplay: renz62