Appropriate cpu voltage for daily use?

Go to solution Solved by SnowyMus,

If you're the kind of person who replaces their CPU every 4-6 years or so and you keep your temperatures in check, anything at 1.4 V or less will most likely be just fine. I say "most likely" because while I've never seen or heard of a non-defective processor fail so soon when overvolted that high, it's not technically ruled out as an impossibility.

Hello everyone, currently my 6600k is OCed to 4.4ghz@1.345 Vcore(bios)/1.36 volt(CPU-Z). Stable at about 70C max temp during Realbench test. I then switched to adaptive mode with offsetting voltage at auto.

I am sticking with this OC for a while but I've read some comment online that Vcore should stay below 1.35 volt for daily use and to perverse CPU life span. 

Is this true in the long run? I use my computer 2-4 hours a day, mainly gaming. alternatively I can dial back to 4.3ghz@1.31 volts(bios). Stable as well.

Sorry for the long question and thanks in advance for your inputs. Appreciated.

Ray

If you're the kind of person who replaces their CPU every 4-6 years or so and you keep your temperatures in check, anything at 1.4 V or less will most likely be just fine. I say "most likely" because while I've never seen or heard of a non-defective processor fail so soon when overvolted that high, it's not technically ruled out as an impossibility.

3 minutes ago, Kavawuvi said:

Thank you! I do plan to upgrade my rig every 5 years or so. In terms of temperatures, it runs around 55-60C during game load so I guess it should be OK.

thanks again for your input. Appreciated.