Best use of old laptop

I currently have a 2015 Asus Zenbook UX501 (specs on that here: http://www.laptopmag.com/reviews/laptops/asus-zenbook-pro-ux501). However, with a new line of gtx 10 series, I've been thinking of getting a laptop with a 1060 or 1070. What do you guys recommend I should do to make the most value (money wise) out of my Asus laptop? I'm not familiar with selling online so I'm hoping you guys might give me honest thoughts and tips to help me recycle this laptop and buy a new one. This originally cost $1500. I still have the box with some of the packaging inside. As for the laptop's condition, I would give it a 8.5/10 (trying to give it a objective and unbiased rate). Internals are all perfect and properly working. Exterior has some scuff marks on the edges due to this lyft driver that dropped my laptop... Due to that, the left hinge of my screen seems slightly dislocated but all the wiring is safe and working. Other than those two things, the rest of the exterior is great. The laptop performs as expected; in the medium range.  Any ideas as to what I should do? Is it still possible to retrieve back over $1000 for this?

you could use it as a server if you have any use from that, also if you dont need to upgrade because you are dissatesfied with your current preformance then dont, its a waste of money and you will be happier with icecream for a similar amount(if you like icecream that is :P )

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

7 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

you could use it as a server if you have any use from that, also if you dont need to upgrade because you are dissatesfied with your current preformance then dont, its a waste of money and you will be happier with icecream for a similar amount(if you like icecream that is :P )

He could use a pcie dock to jury rig a graphics card via thunderbolt to his computer to maybe get 960 is sli

Keep in mind - 1060/1070 laptops are either

A - large and bulky
or
B - overheat

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

Personally, Id turn it into some kind of server.  Possibly Linux, make a nice little personal cloud for yourself.  I have an old PC repurposed as a plex server currently.

Linux Daily Driver:

CPU: R5 2400G

Motherboard: MSI B350M Mortar

RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4

HDD: 1TB POS HDD from an old Dell

SSD: 256GB WD Black NVMe M.2

Case: Phanteks Mini XL DS

PSU: 1200W Corsair HX1200

Gaming Rig:

CPU: i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z270-N Wi-Fi ITX

RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4

GPU: Asus Turbo GTX 1070 @ 2GHz

HDD: 3TB Toshiba something or other

SSD: 512GB WD Black NVMe M.2

Case: Shared with Daily - Phanteks Mini XL DS

PSU: Shared with Daily - 1200W Corsair HX1200

Server

CPU: Ryzen7 1700

Motherboard: MSI X370 SLI Plus

RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4

GPU: Nvidia GT 710

HDD: 1X 10TB Seagate ironwolf NAS Drive.  4X 3TB WD Red NAS Drive.

SSD: Adata 128GB

Case: NZXT Source 210 (white)

PSU: EVGA 650 G2 80Plus Gold