I need a new case to go with an h100i v2

Kevin11

I bought an h100i v2 with 2 120mm fan radiator with my i7 6700k only to find out there is no place for it to fit in my case so now I need to buy a new case, any suggestions? I am using the sabertooth z170 S motherboard

If the specs on your profile are accurate and you have a Phantom, the rad should fit at the top. The case comes with brackets to mount a rad at the top.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

6 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

If the specs on your profile are accurate and you have a Phantom, the rad should fit at the top. The case comes with brackets to mount a rad at the top.

I think that's only with the newer models, I have the original model

I am using Fractal design arc midi r2. Good build quality, reasonable price and very spacious for a mid tower. I think you can mount 240mm rads top or front. 

7 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

Hey so I found the mounting brackets and a few pics of how they are used. So 3-4 screws are enough to hold the radiator in place? it is safe to do?

22 minutes ago, Kevin11 said:

Hey so I found the mounting brackets and a few pics of how they are used. So 3-4 screws are enough to hold the radiator in place? it is safe to do?

4 screws is perfectly fine--are you missing one?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

19 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

4 screws is perfectly fine--are you missing one?

well one bracket is 2 to 2 but the other bracket is 2 screws to 1 screw, in the pictures of others it's the same situation, 4 screws into case and 3 screws into radiator, and only in the middle, it is safe to support the radiator from only the center?

In my opinion the Corsair 460X is really cool with the tempered glass and all.

i5-8600K -  Asus Strix Z370E - Asus GTX 1060 Strix - EVGA 650W P2 - Samsung 970 Pro 500GB - G.Skill TridentZ 16GB

4 minutes ago, I_IHaveNoLife_l said:

In my opinion the Corsair 460X is really cool with the tempered glass and all.

I am very worried about tempered glass breaking haha, having 4 young cats and all

2 minutes ago, Kevin11 said:

I am very worried about tempered glass breaking haha, having 4 young cats and all

Temered glass is extremely strong. My case has 1 whole glass side panel and I've accidentally dropped it off my desk 4+ times without scratches or cracks.

i5-8600K -  Asus Strix Z370E - Asus GTX 1060 Strix - EVGA 650W P2 - Samsung 970 Pro 500GB - G.Skill TridentZ 16GB

Just now, I_IHaveNoLife_l said:

Temered glass is extremely strong. My case has 1 whole glass side panel and I've accidentally dropped it off my desk 4+ times without scratches or cracks.

hahahaha crazy, you need to be more careful! ty for the input :) I will keep that in mind

39 minutes ago, Kevin11 said:

well one bracket is 2 to 2 but the other bracket is 2 screws to 1 screw, in the pictures of others it's the same situation, 4 screws into case and 3 screws into radiator, and only in the middle, it is safe to support the radiator from only the center?

Oh, yeah that's fine--it's been a while since I had my Phantom so I had forgotten about how the rad mounts. 

51 minutes ago, Kevin11 said:

Cats won't break tempered glass, it would take a hammer to do so :)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but It should also be cat scratch resistant since it's got a high harness.

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR