Building Plex Server/Media Ingest Station

EvilLemur

So i currently have a FX6300 that is working as my plex server, but i would like something with the same ammount of power in a smaller form factor, but i dont want un-needed things like an i just need a cpu thats capable of encoding MKV and muxing so i can inject extra audio streams and or subtitles, also on said machine i add all the metadata and rename file types. once its done it automatically would get transfered to the Media server folder, this would also need to convert rip movies and convert other file types to MKV, so in reality i want suggestions of what you use as in power and speed vs price. so i can get an idea on where i want to go with this build. thanks.

Any CPU types from any generation are welcome as long as i can get an Mini-ITX Motherboard.

Please Quote so i know you have replied. | If we have provided a solution to your problem mark it with answer found.

And also please read the COC and avoid the embarrassment and lecture that will ensue.

5 minutes ago, EvilLemur said:

So i currently have a FX6300 that is working as my plex server, but i would like something with the same ammount of power in a smaller form factor, but i dont want un-needed things like an i just need a cpu thats capable of encoding MKV and muxing so i can inject extra audio streams and or subtitles, also on said machine i add all the metadata and rename file types. once its done it automatically would get transfered to the Media server folder, this would also need to convert rip movies and convert other file types to MKV, so in reality i want suggestions of what you use as in power and speed vs price. so i can get an idea on where i want to go with this build. thanks.

Any CPU types from any generation are welcome as long as i can get an Mini-ITX Motherboard.

what case are you working with? Do you need the full system or just the cpu and mobo and cpu fan?

Just a CPU that wont be expensive and will get the job done, with out me waiting forever for it to get done. Everything else i got.

Please Quote so i know you have replied. | If we have provided a solution to your problem mark it with answer found.

And also please read the COC and avoid the embarrassment and lecture that will ensue.

i dont think you get it, i want CPU suggestions of what people are currently using in there Media servers. no games involved only media.  id buy a motherboard once i see what suggestions i get.

Just now, dexxterlab97 said:

he has a fx 6300. go figure out

he can't do anything about that, it won't be compatible with zen and a 8350 won't make that much of a difference