how about using my bathroom exhaust to draw away the heat from the case?

maneksameer
Go to solution Solved by Huntsman,

I think by that time you'll be looking at electronic component failures due to all the vibration caused by the not only the fan but also the massive airflow. Solder joints don't take repetitive vibration too well. 

Also, think of all the dust that would accumulate inside... 

now before you call me insane, just give a thought about it, if we figure out a way for it to work (which is by cutting the cases' door according to the size of the fan and a power supply), shouldn't it bring the air cooling to new and ultimate level?

what do you think guys, I maybe wrong here so please be a little humble on me if I am.. :$ 

2 minutes ago, maneksameer said:

now before you call me insane, just give a thought about it, if we figure out a way for it to work (which is by cutting the cases' door according to the size of the fan and a power supply), shouldn't it bring the air cooling to new and ultimate level?

what do you think guys, I maybe wrong here so please be a little humble on me if I am.. :$ 

That would be extremely loud. If you had ur computer in a different server room, and could directly link the exhaust to the outside and put sound proofing pads in there, that would work, otherwise, it'd be unpractical and WAY too loud

6 minutes ago, maneksameer said:

Well since strong bathroom fans can displace almost 200CFM while be it not silently, you could just install one in your room and exhaust it outside. That would be more than capable of moving all the hot air in the room out. 

would you not get a better result by removing the case side door and having a normal pedestal fan blowing cool air into the case?

it would be much cheaper and you wouldn't damage your case, meaning you could sell it when you upgrade down the line

On 12 September 2016 at 2:44 AM, W-L said:

Well since strong bathroom fans can displace almost 200CFM while be it not silently, you could just install one in your room and exhaust it outside. That would be more than capable of moving all the hot air in the room out. 

Don't you think it will take more room for the setup? otherwise this is a "cool" idea, I mean literally ;)

On 12 September 2016 at 2:44 AM, W-L said:

I have my PC in a fairly ventilated room, and room.., but seeing my cpu temps rising upto 85-90 I do feel like something needs to be changed effectively (although in a funny way)..

This reminds me of the time i used my industtial level vacuum cleaner to suck the hot air out of my router. Talk about cooling down a computer part fast?

10 minutes ago, Bcat00 said:

This reminds me of the time i used my industtial level vacuum cleaner to suck the hot air out of my router. Talk about cooling down a computer part fast?

BRAVO!!!! hahahaha

8 hours ago, maneksameer said:

I have my PC in a fairly ventilated room, and room.., but seeing my cpu temps rising upto 85-90 I do feel like something needs to be changed effectively (although in a funny way)..

If you haven't changed the thermal paste or such not a bad idea to give it a go or change up the airflow in the case that is quite warm at load unless your really pushing overclocks. 

30 minutes ago, W-L said:

If you haven't changed the thermal paste or such not a bad idea to give it a god or change up the airflow in the case that is quite warm at load unless your really pushing overclocks. 

good idea about the airflow and ill try a new type of heatsink i just saw on amazon..

2 minutes ago, maneksameer said:

good idea about the airflow and ill try a new type of heatsink i just saw on amazon..

If your case isn't too small the Hyper 212 evo is a well regarded one espically in price per performance. 

1 minute ago, W-L said:

If your case isn't too small the Hyper 212 evo is a well regarded one espically in price per performance. 

thanks for suggestion, and I think my case is broad enough to have it (actually I was looking at it)

I think by that time you'll be looking at electronic component failures due to all the vibration caused by the not only the fan but also the massive airflow. Solder joints don't take repetitive vibration too well. 

Also, think of all the dust that would accumulate inside... 

The Internet is invented by cats. Why? Why else would it have so much cat videos?