Crazyy stupid ideas, just random thoughhts, What drones could lift and hold the recoil of an ar-15.

mookie1590

I'm just randomly thinking and had the thought of strapping my ar-15 to a drone. What drones could hold that weight and the recoil. Of course I'd have to shave a lot of weight off of the rifle. I'd also like to hang it from a thing that has server motors connected to a raspberry or ardrino. Mixed with some kind of software  that would let me control the x,y, and z axis of the think holding the gun on the drone with my phone that also controls the drone, probably would be a pain. I'm not serious about doing this, for one I can't afford it, secondly I don't know the laws regarding something like this and want to stay out of trouble. now if it was legal and I had thousands of disposable income yea, I would play around with it, and of course post it to YouTube for anyone else thinking this dumb idea. Has this all ready been done, link? I'd like to see it, sounds funny, or the cat quad copter with a bb gun in it's butt, lol. not serious. Has anyone tried this? Is this possible with current civilian drone technology? Would the recoil knock it outta the sky and screw with the self flying sensors and systems?

Just a dumb idea  that I'm sure millions of others have had, just really wanted some input, if it's been done before and how stupid am I for asking this?

Should I make dinner for guest tonight what does the fbi like to eat?

3 minutes ago, mookie1590 said:

I'm just randomly thinking and had the thought of strapping my ar-15 to a drone. What drones could hold that weight and the recoil. Of course I'd have to shave a lot of weight off of the rifle. I'd also like to hang it from a thing that has server motors connected to a raspberry or ardrino. Mixed with some kind of software  that would let me control the x,y, and z axis of the think holding the gun on the drone with my phone that also controls the drone, probably would be a pain. I'm not serious about doing this, for one I can't afford it, secondly I don't know the laws regarding something like this and want to stay out of trouble. now if it was legal and I had thousands of disposable income yea, I would play around with it, and of course post it to YouTube for anyone else thinking this dumb idea. Has this all ready been done, link? I'd like to see it, sounds funny, or the cat quad copter with a bb gun in it's butt, lol. not serious. Has anyone tried this? Is this possible with current civilian drone technology? Would the recoil knock it outta the sky and screw with the self flying sensors and systems?

Just a dumb idea  that I'm sure millions of others have had, just really wanted some input, if it's been done before and how stupid am I for asking this?

Should I make dinner for guest tonight what does the fbi like to eat?

Does the drone have a gun license?

NO, ITS ILLEGAL TO ATTATCH A FIREARM TO A REMOTE CONTROLLED DEVICE WITHOUT PERMISSION AND SUPERVISION OF LOCAL POLICE AND PARAMEDICS (even then, you have to have special permits, and they have to give final permission)

Roses are red

My name is Roy

We caught the alligator that ate the De Luca boy

1 minute ago, UberGamerKing said:

Does the drone have a gun license?

NO, ITS ILLEGAL TO ATTATCH A FIREARM TO A REMOTE CONTROLLED DEVICE WITHOUT PERMISSION AND SUPERVISION OF LOCAL POLICE AND PARAMEDICS (even then, you have to have special permits, and they have to give final permission)

Really? I didn't know this. thanks for answering the legal questions. Still, I wouldn't want to do this. I try to obey the law. Hopefully I can find a video of someone else doing this, Thanks for the reply.

I don't think a flying turret is exactly "funny." Sounds like a terribly needless and dangerous idea.

I made my own custom built drone from parts and im only 19. You can design and make massive ones designed to carry multiple kilograms but to actually get a remote firing system would cost and weigh a lot. Not to mention drones normally run off very high current batteries so you would need your own power system for it.

Its all feasable and all, but pretty much all remote operated firearms are highly illegal with no rough spots what so ever. If any police officer sees you remotely controlling any one of 90% of most lethal weapons you will probably get shot on sight unless its been authorised by the local authorities first.

Don't give crazy people any ideas ;)

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

3 minutes ago, DannySwish said:

I don't think a flying turret is exactly "funny." Sounds like a terribly needless and dangerous idea.

Well yea, that's kinda the point. and I made a mistake when I wrote funny I was thinking of that quad copter someone made out of his cat then shove an airsoft gun up it's but so it shoots plastic pellets from it's but. I analogize for that mistake, isn't what that funny was for, I was getting ahead of my thoughts. But It would be cool not funny. there isn't nothing funny about it, no. But yea, a flying turret is supposed to be dangerous, needless? no, not at all. I do live in the woods an this is just future thoughts for some crazy scenario say if my state get's invaded. I could have cameras around my land and notice an isis a mile down my road with with an rpg, I could fly my homemade drone and take care of that problem. Of course that is not a good example and would not happen. Just a very lame metaphor. dangerous yes, that's the point, needless, not at all. That device would have real world practical uses. But of course it would also have a speaker and mic so if I did see a possible dangerous target I could talk to them and tell them to turn around I don't wish to harm anyone.

I had to Google what an AR-15 was.

Anyway, I'd estimate that a drone that wouldn't be thrown off course by that amount of recoil would either have to be very powerful or quite large, possibly both.

1 minute ago, mookie1590 said:

crazy scenario say if my state get's invaded.

Who the hell is going to invade your state?

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

Arming a UAS is illagal. I could do it with several thousand dollars worth of parts, but it doesn't excuse the fact that it's super illegal. Besides, if you want to adjust the aim on the weapon, you would need a gimbal that can hold the weight of that weapon which is what, 20~ pounds? It's not realistic and VERY ILLEGAL.

ASU

2 minutes ago, kris2340k said:

I made my own custom built drone from parts and im only 19. You can design and make massive ones designed to carry multiple kilograms but to actually get a remote firing system would cost and weigh a lot. Not to mention drones normally run off very high current batteries so you would need your own power system for it.

Its all feasable and all, but pretty much all remote operated firearms are highly illegal with no rough spots what so ever. If any police officer sees you remotely controlling any one of 90% of most lethal weapons you will probably get shot on sight unless its been authorised by the local authorities first.

I've been playing with electronics my entire life, like I was that 7 year old taking stuff apart. So I'm sure I could figure out the remote systems and the power systems, could take me years to do. But I haven't done anything with custom built drones. I don't feel like investing the hundreds it will take. Currently I'm just messing with smd repair trying to get my soldering under a microscope skills down etc. But I really have been wanting to get into custom building my own drone. someone else said it is illegal, and what you say solidify that I won't ever do it. I try to obey the laws. and I'd believe you when you say they shoot me or the drone, they don't know who is flying it.

7 minutes ago, ThinkWithPortals said:

I had to Google what an AR-15 was.

Anyway, I'd estimate that a drone that wouldn't be thrown off course by that amount of recoil would either have to be very powerful or quite large, possibly both.

Who the hell is going to invade your state?

Like I said that was a stupid metaphor showing that it does have its uses. no one will. I wasn't even serious when I said that.

Just now, mookie1590 said:

Like I said that was a stupid metaphor showing that it does have its uses. no one will. I wasn't even serious when I said that.

Even if you were able to mount a gun on a reasonably sized and reasonably priced drone and not have the recoil flip the thing out of the sky every time you fired, it would probably be a pain to aim.

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

Just now, ThinkWithPortals said:

Even if you were able to mount a gun on a reasonably sized and reasonably priced drone and not have the recoil flip the thing out of the sky every time you fired, it would probably be a pain to aim.

Oh yea, I agree 100% There is some parts I can buy for my ar-15 that does help with recoil, one of them is a hydrolic buffer. in the ar-15 normally when you fire the gasses go down a gas tube back into the bolt where the bullets are, this action creates more recoil, but it pushes the bold backwards into the buffer tube, which is the thing the stock is attached to next to your shoulder, in there is a spring and a buffer, the spring to push it back and reload the rifle, the buffer acts as a cushion of sorts so the bolts doesn't shoot out of the back of the stock and into your shoulder killing you and blowing the gun up. You can replace this buffer, the cushion if you will, with a hydrolic buffer that has a piston on it. The piston grabs the bolt and it smooths out the bolt slamming the back of the gun. Kinda like those spring loaded drawers that you can't slam, this does reduce the recoil by 30% some say they feel 0 recoil when firing their rifle. So there are some steps you can take to reduce the recoil. But it's a drone, not a person that is grounded and has a firing stance to brace themselves. even then it's going to sling that drone all over the place if not into a tree or into the ground.

A fun thought experiment. Not fun in real life unless you have the appropriate permits. If you are interested in things like this, may I suggest chasing an aerospace engineering degree?

ENCRYPTION IS NOT A CRIME

10 hours ago, straight_stewie said:

A fun thought experiment. Not fun in real life unless you have the appropriate permits. If you are interested in things like this, may I suggest chasing an aerospace engineering degree?

Happy 500! 

ASU

36 minutes ago, Hackentosher said:

Happy 500! 

I didn't even notice until you mentioned it. Where's the cake and balloons?

ENCRYPTION IS NOT A CRIME