external ssd to otg to android tablet.

Hi im going to get a android tablet (nvidia shield tablet k1) to replace my laptop (8 years old) so i will replace with a tablet (love portability)
so i wanted to know if I can connect external ssd to tablet via otg. I have tried to connect a external HDD to a phone and didn't expected to work because of it's will for power. So will it? 
Regards David

First of all, Android doesn't support NTFS file system which is mostly used for external drives.

You may need a third-party application which helps Android to access NTFS drives.

If you are worried about NTFS, change its file system to exFAT.

I don't know well about the stability of exFAT, however I've rarely seen someone using his/her external drive in exFAT.

One of SSD's key factors is low power consumption, so you don't have to worry about power supply.

5 hours ago, PenPoint said:

First of all, Android doesn't support NTFS file system which is mostly used for external drives.

You may need a third-party application which helps Android to access NTFS drives.

If you are worried about NTFS, change its file system to exFAT.

I don't know well about the stability of exFAT, however I've rarely seen someone using his/her external drive in exFAT.

One of SSD's key factors is low power consumption, so you don't have to worry about power supply.

well. when tablet will arrive i will test it and will hit back how it would go eatherway i will add a micro SD card. while ssd is as an extra.