Can this cause my pc to freeze?

My pc was crashing and freezing all the time so i took it to my local pc store for them to check it. After a week of waiting they sent me an Email saying that they have fixed the problem. They said that the CPU-Cooler wasn't secured properly. Can this make your pc freeze?

Yeas sure if the Cpu get´s too hot but that´s not realy possible on Modern Cpu´s / PC´s 

How old/new is your PC ? 

4 minutes ago, ReefGoudswaard said:

My pc was crashing and freezing all the time so i took it to my local pc store for them to check it. After a week of waiting they sent me an Email saying that they have fixed the problem. They said that the CPU-Cooler wasn't secured properly. Can this make your pc freeze?

It can, as the CPU reaches Tjmax which is the temperature at which the PC shuts down by itself, because if it continues to operate, it will fry itself... 

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

If the heatsink wasn't making contact with the CPU, it could result to high CPU temps and as a result to freezes because the PC would restart in order to protect the processor

6 minutes ago, maxvoelkl said:

Yeas sure if the Cpu get´s too hot but that´s not realy possible on Modern Cpu´s / PC´s 

How old/new is your PC ? 

I built it myself about 2 weeks ago now

8 minutes ago, maxvoelkl said:

How old/new is your PC ? 

It is :P if you run a 6700K with a heatsink barely making contact with the CPU it will reach 100C in no time.... 

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

Just now, PCGuy_5960 said:

It is :P if you run a 6700K with a heatsink barely making contact with the CPU it will reach 100C in no time.... 

i can attest to that, tried to help my friend build his first pc (over skype) he couldn't figure out why it turned on for less than a min and shut itself off lol. until i told him to reseat the cpu cooler and he said he forgot to put it on.

i7 6700k - Asus ROG Strix GTX 1080 - assorted other stuff