So how good are Black Friday sales for camera equipment?

PIlllIE

I'm getting the last of the money I need for my camera gear on my birthday, which is the day after Black Friday (Although I'll more than likely be able to get it the day of Black Friday if there are good enough sales). Do B&H and other camera shop's usually have good sales? I'd like to know so that I can do at least some form of research before hand, since I'd like to get the best I can get for my money and not end up getting something that really isn't the best in whatever price brackets im able to get. Thank you! <3

My dad picked up a camera thats usually around 1200$ (I believe) for somewhere near 500$ last year. This was at staples.

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

Just now, Slottr said:

My dad picked up a camera thats usually around 1200$ (I believe) for somewhere near 500$ last year

Thank you!

2 minutes ago, Slottr said:

My dad picked up a camera thats usually around 1200$ (I believe) for somewhere near 500$ last year. This was at staples.

Was it actually usually $1200, or was the MSRP $1200? Or was it one of those 'limited to 1' special that you have to trample someone over?

I would say that's an unusually good sale, even for black friday. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

6 minutes ago, PIlllIE said:

I'm getting the last of the money I need for my camera gear on my birthday, which is the day after Black Friday (Although I'll more than likely be able to get it the day of Black Friday if there are good enough sales). Do B&H and other camera shop's usually have good sales? I'd like to know so that I can do at least some form of research before hand, since I'd like to get the best I can get for my money and not end up getting something that really isn't the best in whatever price brackets im able to get. Thank you! <3

usually depends on store and area, most best buys had ok sales on black friday, but for some reason the best we got was a free 64GB SD card or tripod.

Nothing to see here, move along

4 minutes ago, Riddler356 said:

usually depends on store and area, most best buys had ok sales on black friday, but for some reason the best we got was a free 64GB SD card or tripod.

Yeah thats always a worry. I'll def try best buy, but I'm probably going to focus on online stores since Black Friday is a bit chaotic around here

23 minutes ago, djdwosk97 said:

Was it actually usually $1200, or was the MSRP $1200? Or was it one of those 'limited to 1' special that you have to trample someone over?

I would say that's an unusually good sale, even for black friday. 

Shelf price was 1200. Yeah I know its a damn good deal, and I'm surprised they still had a couple left when we got there.

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

8 hours ago, PIlllIE said:

Usually they're not that great...I actually find better deals in the summer to be honest, but the black Friday stuff is usually old stuff they're trying to get rid of...

I would recommend looking to refurbished units (Canon's store has pretty good deal on refurbished stuff). I did manage to get a EOS M camera kit for $500 about two years ago, down from $750 on Black Friday.