What vpn wil unblock internet restrictions for iphone?

Bajantechnician

So i used to have a android phone about a year ago, and @iamdarkyoshi (thanks by the way) suggested an vpn called psisphon. It worked. However, now i have a iphone, and i cant find any vpns that can unblock my school internet. Are there any vpns that can do what psisphon can do, but on the iphone side?

(BTW, psisphon is unfortunately unavailable for iphone)

19 minutes ago, Bajantechnician said:

So i used to have a android phone about a year ago, and @iamdarkyoshi (thanks by the way) suggested an vpn called psisphon. It worked. However, now i have a iphone, and i cant find any vpns that can unblock my school internet. Are there any vpns that can do what psisphon can do, but on the iphone side?

I've had Betternet work for me in the past (can't remember if it's an android exclusive)

BTW school IT admins usually find about VPNs and block them over the summer. I used betternet until the last day of school perfectly fine to unblock things, but now it will not work.

Want to know which mobo to get?

Spoiler

Choose whatever you need. Any more, you're wasting your money. Any less, and you don't get the features you need.

Only you know what you need to do with your computer, so nobody's really qualified to answer this question except for you.

chEcK iNsidE sPoilEr fOr a tREat!

Just now, bob51zhang said:

I've had Betternet work for me in the past (can't remember if it's an android exclusive)

BTW school IT admins usually find about VPNs and block them over the summer. I used betternet until the last day of school perfectly fine to unblock things, but now it will not work.

hm interesting. I will look into that vpn. Thanks :)

7 hours ago, Jeffy said:

Heard that PureVPN's app on iPhone is pretty good too! Another good one in Express if you wanna check out!

thanks a bunch. i will check that one out too

19 hours ago, Bajantechnician said:

If none of them work, you can set up an OpenVPN thing at your house and use your own house's internet for VPN.

I can almost guarantee it won't be blocked.

Spoiler

Choose whatever you need. Any more, you're wasting your money. Any less, and you don't get the features you need.

Only you know what you need to do with your computer, so nobody's really qualified to answer this question except for you.

3 hours ago, bob51zhang said:

If none of them work, you can set up an OpenVPN thing at your house and use your own house's internet for VPN.

I can almost guarantee it won't be blocked.

open vpn?

whats that?

8 minutes ago, Bajantechnician said:

open vpn?

whats that?

http://www.openvpn.net

A type of thing where you get a lot more control. Granted, it takes a lot more effort, but you control everything. It's definitly not point-and-click (you really get into the nitty-gritty of networking), a lot easier if you have Linux, and a bit harder if you have windows.

There's an app on the appstore for this, so you won't have to worry about compatability issues.

https://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/openvpn-connect/id590379981?mt=8

Windows server setup tut:https://community.openvpn.net/openvpn/wiki/Easy_Windows_Guide

https://openvpn.net/index.php/open-source/documentation/howto.html

So if you want to, you've got lots of reading to do, but trust me, the reward is very much worth it.

Spoiler

4 minutes ago, bob51zhang said:

http://www.openvpn.net

A type of thing where you get a lot more control. Granted, it takes a lot more effort, but you control everything. It's definitly not point-and-click (you really get into the nitty-gritty of networking), a lot easier if you have Linux, and a bit harder if you have windows.

There's an app on the appstore for this, so you won't have to worry about compatability issues.

https://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/openvpn-connect/id590379981?mt=8

Windows server setup tut:https://community.openvpn.net/openvpn/wiki/Easy_Windows_Guide

https://openvpn.net/index.php/open-source/documentation/howto.html

So if you want to, you've got lots of reading to do, but trust me, the reward is very much worth it.

alrighty.

im guessing it uses ip to connect to my home internet, bypassing school restrictions?

3 minutes ago, Bajantechnician said:

alrighty.

im guessing it uses ip to connect to my home internet, bypassing school restrictions?

You'll be able to see what you can see from home.

Spoiler

11 minutes ago, Bajantechnician said:

ohh. so like teamviewer?

No. Essentially it goes like this....temp.png

The green line that connects to the free internet through your home network would essentially be the work that the Open VPN server is doing.

But teamviewer would probably work as well (if you wanna remote desktop to your home computer)

Spoiler

1 hour ago, bob51zhang said:

No. Essentially it goes like this....temp.png

The green line that connects to the free internet through your home network would essentially be the work that the Open VPN server is doing.

But teamviewer would probably work as well (if you wanna remote desktop to your home computer)

interesting.

question, how do i set it up lol. also, how would i be able to view sc on a wondows pc?

On 9/9/2016 at 7:09 AM, Jeffy said:

You're welcome. Since everyone's talking about OpenVPN so just wanted to let you know that Pure does offer OVPN. Not too sure about Express but it should also offer it!

On 9/7/2016 at 8:10 PM, bob51zhang said:

No. Essentially it goes like this....The green line that connects to the free internet through your home network would essentially be the work that the Open VPN server is doing.

question :)

how would i set it up so my phone connects to my pc?

as of right now, the vpn is open and running on my pc, but is not connected to my phone.

Thanks

1 hour ago, Bajantechnician said:

question :)

how would i set it up so my phone connects to my pc?

as of right now, the vpn is open and running on my pc, but is not connected to my phone.

Thanks

Well, you actually did it!  Congrats for making this far man.

What you need now is a certificate, which you may have already. If not, try here: https://openvpn.net/index.php/open-source/documentation/howto.html#pki

Sorry, I can't write much right now. Got a project due tomorrow that I've barely even started :(

Spoiler

On September 15, 2016 at 9:14 PM, bob51zhang said:

Well, you actually did it!  Congrats for making this far man.

What you need now is a certificate, which you may have already. If not, try here: https://openvpn.net/index.php/open-source/documentation/howto.html#pki

Sorry, I can't write much right now. Got a project due tomorrow that I've barely even started :(

Thanks for the help:)

how would I use the certificate to connect the pc to the phone and vice versa?

16 hours ago, Bajantechnician said:

Thanks for the help:)

how would I use the certificate to connect the pc to the phone and vice versa?

You use the certificate to connect ____insert device name here_____ to your VPN server. So anything that supports OVPN will work.

Spoiler

6 hours ago, bob51zhang said:

You use the certificate to connect ____insert device name here_____ to your VPN server. So anything that supports OVPN will work.

Do I need the openvpn app on my 5c?

18 minutes ago, Bajantechnician said:

Do I need the openvpn app on my 5c?

This part I'm a bit fuzzy about; unless apple supports it natively (which I highly doubt) you'll need to install the app.

Spoiler

7 minutes ago, bob51zhang said:

This part I'm a bit fuzzy about; unless apple supports it natively (which I highly doubt) you'll need to install the app.

alrighty.

how do i extract the certificate?

2 minutes ago, Bajantechnician said:

alrighty.

how do i extract the certificate?

-If I remember correctly, you're supposed to email the certificate to your icloud email. In the app there'll be an option to look for it as an attachment in email.-

EDIT: You should sync it through iTunes to keep it as secure as possible. But the mail app works as well.

For more info check out howToGeek. They've got more experience than me. http://www.howtogeek.com/215730/how-to-connect-to-a-vpn-from-your-iphone-or-ipad/

Edited by bob51zhang
Editing for newer info.

Spoiler

Just now, bob51zhang said:

If I remember correctly, you're supposed to email the certificate to your icloud email. In the app there'll be an option to look for it as an attachment in email.

For more info check out howToGeek. They've got more experience than me. http://www.howtogeek.com/215730/how-to-connect-to-a-vpn-from-your-iphone-or-ipad/

ill try it out.

Thanks for the help