Your Outlook Account Settings are out of date

RandomRestore

I have this message that keeps getting sent to me through action center on Windows 10 that my outlook account settings are out of date. I've searched Google, and the only thing that everyone would say would be to unsynchronize your date and time with the time.windows, and set it manually. However, I did just that as well as a couple of other things and that message still pops up.

If you have any solution, feel free to share it.

Thanks for reading.

CPU: AMD A8-6600K 3.9GHz(OCed to 4.5GHz) Quad-Core Processor
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler
Motherboard: MSI A88XM-E45 Micro ATX FM2+ Motherboard
Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury Blue 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory 
Storage: Kingston SSDNow V300 Series 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 120GB 3.5" Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 760 4GB Dual FTW ACX Video Card
Case: Silverstone TJ09-BW ATX Full Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply

Have you changed your password recently?

If so try signing out and back in and see if it fixes your problem...

5 hours ago, RandomRestore said:

I have this message that keeps getting sent to me through action center on Windows 10 that my outlook account settings are out of date. I've searched Google, and the only thing that everyone would say would be to unsynchronize your date and time with the time.windows, and set it manually. However, I did just that as well as a couple of other things and that message still pops up.

If you have any solution, feel free to share it.

Thanks for reading.

Ah, I see you're using the Windows 10 Mail App. I've had this happen to me before countless times.

I always solved it by either restarting my computer, or removing my Hotmail/Outlook account and re-adding it after a restart.

Alternatively, I find simply visiting www.outlook.com solves ALL my issues with the Windows 10 Mail app.

If you're not using Windows 10's Mail app, then please provide more details as to what you are using.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

On 9/6/2016 at 10:30 PM, UID Ninja said:

Have you changed your password recently?

If so try signing out and back in and see if it fixes your problem...

I haven't changed my password recently.

Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply

On 9/6/2016 at 10:42 PM, kirashi said:

Ah, I see you're using the Windows 10 Mail App. I've had this happen to me before countless times.

I always solved it by either restarting my computer, or removing my Hotmail/Outlook account and re-adding it after a restart.

Alternatively, I find simply visiting www.outlook.com solves ALL my issues with the Windows 10 Mail app.

If you're not using Windows 10's Mail app, then please provide more details as to what you are using.

Yes, I have tried these ways before, but what I want is to have a one-time method for removing this message. This message pops up daily, and makes me go coo-coo.

14 minutes ago, RandomRestore said:

Yes, I have tried these ways before, but what I want is to have a one-time method for removing this message. This message pops up daily, and makes me go coo-coo.

Apart from reinstalling Windows, the only other suggestion I can make is to completely uninstall the Mail App and start over.

The time and date fix you mentioned in your first post does indeed work if that is the issue in your case, but should have been solved in a prior update.

If you're running the Anniversary build of Windows 10, that time and date fix shouldn't actually be the cause or solution to your issue.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

Just now, kirashi said:

Apart from reinstalling Windows, the only other suggestion I can make is to completely uninstall the Mail App and start over.

The time and date fix you mentioned in your first post does indeed work if that is the issue in your case, but should have been solved in a prior update.

If you're running the Anniversary build of Windows 10, that time and date fix shouldn't actually be the cause or solution to your issue.

Alright, thank you for you suggestion.

This post, at its core, is if the problem is based on the Microsoft account you login to Windows with, or could possibly work for similar problems with the Mail app and any Microsoft account (Hotmail, Live, MSN, Outlook).

I've had this account settings out of date looping error constantly with the Mail app for at least a half-dozen builds on the Insider 'Fast Ring'. I have multiple email addresses through Microsoft and only one was causing me this problem. I tried all sorts of solutions, even went as far as removing the app and all of its data using PowerShell only to continue having the notification loop infinitely after reinstalling and adding the account again, or whenever I clicked Fix Account.

The only workaround I found was to remove the account then add it through a different approach. Typically I was using the account I log into Windows with trying to add the account, when I was choosing a selection after clicking Add Account, I was choosing the Outlook.com option (since it lists their 4 domains). Instead, this attempt, I went to Manage Accounts -> Add Account -> Advanced setup -> Internet email ->

Email address/User name/send your messages using this name = MS email address

Account name = whatever you want to identify the account as within the mail app

Incoming/Outgoing servers= eas.outlook.com

Account type = POP3

4 check boxes = all checked

Hopefully this helps you. If not maybe someone else who has this issue, and comes across this in a web search like I did, will find some use of this.

16 minutes ago, KillerClown said:

This post, at its core, is if the problem is based on the Microsoft account you login to Windows with, or could possibly work for similar problems with the Mail app and any Microsoft account (Hotmail, Live, MSN, Outlook).

I've had this account settings out of date looping error constantly with the Mail app for at least a half-dozen builds on the Insider 'Fast Ring'. I have multiple email addresses through Microsoft and only one was causing me this problem. I tried all sorts of solutions, even went as far as removing the app and all of its data using PowerShell only to continue having the notification loop infinitely after reinstalling and adding the account again, or whenever I clicked Fix Account.

The only workaround I found was to remove the account then add it through a different approach. Typically I was using the account I log into Windows with trying to add the account, when I was choosing a selection after clicking Add Account, I was choosing the Outlook.com option (since it lists their 4 domains). Instead, this attempt, I went to Manage Accounts -> Add Account -> Advanced setup -> Internet email ->

Account type = POP3

Hopefully this helps you. If not maybe someone else who has this issue, and comes across this in a web search like I did, will find some use of this.

Alright, thank you. I've tried this method and if all goes well, I'll let you know. :)

2 hours ago, KillerClown said:

Account type = POP3

Actually, when I tried this method, my mail wouldn't sync, and the "Your Outlook Settings are out of date." message would still pop up.

3 hours ago, Deathisgod said:

Are using outlook or the windows 10 mail app?

I'm currently using the Windows 10 mail app. What is the difference between those two apps?

Windows 10 mail is a bare version of outlook.

Is your email with a large provider (Hotmail, Gmail, ymail, etc), or a different company?

3 hours ago, Deathisgod said:

Windows 10 mail is a bare version of outlook.

Is your email with a large provider (Hotmail, Gmail, ymail, etc), or a different company?

I have many different emails, but the only email that has this "out of date" problem is my outlook account. Below is a link to the website.

https://login.live.com/

By the way, thanks for your help!

OK. Then I agree with the other posters.

Type 'mail' in Cortana and open the mail settings that show up.

Remove all accounts and data files.

Restart your comp then start the mail app and add all your accounts again.

Any chance you don't have your time zone set correctly? 

1 hour ago, Deathisgod said:

OK. Then I agree with the other posters.

Type 'mail' in Cortana and open the mail settings that show up.

Remove all accounts and data files.

Restart your comp then start the mail app and add all your accounts again.

Any chance you don't have your time zone set correctly? 

Nope, I believe it is set correctly. I got my time information from this site called time.is ( http://time.is/ ). It seems to be synced all the way to the milliseconds.

If removing all the mail data (profiles and data files) doesn't work I'm out of ideas other than a fresh install.

15 hours ago, Deathisgod said:

If removing all the mail data (profiles and data files) doesn't work I'm out of ideas other than a fresh install.

Alright, I will try both these methods when I get the time. Thanks!

On 9/10/2016 at 10:17 AM, RandomRestore said:

Actually, when I tried this method, my mail wouldn't sync, and the "Your Outlook Settings are out of date." message would still pop up.

Yeah, the process I commented worked for me for for 2 days. But I tried to send a couple emails using the app last night only to find out this morning that it simply will not send emails from that account using the app. So today I loaded up outlook on the web to send the emails... immediately after I opened outlook on the web, the windows mail app started popping up saying settings are out of date again. I still receive mail through the app occasionally, but it will not send mail and instead leaves it hung up in the outbox. I've just resorted to removing the account completely from the app.

54 minutes ago, KillerClown said:

Yeah, the process I commented worked for me for for 2 days. But I tried to send a couple emails using the app last night only to find out this morning that it simply will not send emails from that account using the app. So today I loaded up outlook on the web to send the emails... immediately after I opened outlook on the web, the windows mail app started popping up saying settings are out of date again. I still receive mail through the app occasionally, but it will not send mail and instead leaves it hung up in the outbox. I've just resorted to removing the account completely from the app.

Yea, I can totally understand, nothing is working for me either. Damn Microsoft making us their ``bug testers``.