Skull Canyon Core or Dan Case?

plexabyte

Hey guys!

For my next build, I'm trying to decide between taking a Razer Core and velcroing a Skull Canyon NUC on top or just going for a DAN Cases system like LTT did not too long ago. That case is pretty expensive however; is there any out there that are similar that get the job done? Or should I just go for the more flexible/portable option of Skull Core?

As amazing as the technology of the Razer Core seems, it makes you lose some of the power of the GPU when it gets used, and it's a waste of money if you have the opportunity to create a desktop without needing to use a laptop. The Skullcanyon NUC is not the best bang for the buck either, and it has horrible cooling (compared to a desktop CPU), so my suggestion is the DAN Case with proper components inside.

DESKTOP PC - CPU-Z VALIDi5 4690K @ 4.70 GHz | 47 X 100.2 MHz | ASUS Z97 Pro Gamer | Enermax Liqmax II 240mm | EVGA GTX 1070Ti OC'd

HOME SERVER | HP ProLiant DL380 G7 | 2x Intel Xeon X5650 | 36GB DDR3 RDIMM | 5x 4TB LFF Seagate Constellation 7.2K | Curcial MX500 250GB | Ubuntu Server 20.04

Keep in mind that the Core isn't cheap either ($500MSRP). Going with the DAN case would seem to be the more sensible option if you can get your hands on it. Anyone know of any similar cases that can actually be bought right now?

With the dan case you can also upgrade the parts inside, such as the cpu. Personally I don't think the price is worth it though, other cheaper cases loke the rvz01/rvz01, or the sugo silverstone cases are way more affordable.

•E5-2670 @2.7GHz • Intel DX79SI • EVGA 970 SSC• GSkill Sniper 8Gb ddr3 • Corsair Spec 02 • Corsair RM750 • HyperX 120Gb SSD • Hitachi 2Tb HDD •

On 9/6/2016 at 11:35 AM, SLAYR said:

With the dan case you can also upgrade the parts inside, such as the cpu. Personally I don't think the price is worth it though, other cheaper cases loke the rvz01/rvz01, or the sugo silverstone cases are way more affordable.

Those cases are nearly 2x as large...thatsthe novelty of the Dan a4 - nothing is comparable.