Uses for Bluetooth on PC

acer4thewin27

Yesterday I got a laptop for class and light/medium gaming. Turns out it came with bluetooth. This is something my gaming pc doesn't have. I have only been in the gaming pc realm since july 2015 since I left consoles so i still have a lot to learn. Some ideas I have would be bluetooth controllers, headsets, but these don't seem like things for an ordinary laptop consumer.

mouse keyboards some projecters your phone  your printer ect really a lot of  things anything Bluetooth enable

Just now, CatFishery said:

mouse keyboards some projecters your phone  your printer ect really a lot of  things anything Bluetooth enable

the phone is what i'm most interested in. can you play music through your phone to the pc? sounds like a yes.

seems like bluetooth is kind of being slow making its way to devices. whenever you get a printer, mouse, keyboard, etc. you always just plug in the usb. of course they need to include that anyways because they don't know if you have bluetooth...

1 minute ago, CatFishery said:

yeah my sister gave my dad a portable bluetooth speaker but he never uses it. i mainly listen to music in the car anyways. don't know why. it's just a weird thing about me.

Bluetooth is usually built into the laptop's Wi-Fi radio card. Since all laptops kind of need the Wi-Fi, they get the Bluetooth for no real extra cost. So why not utilize it. But for data transfer, bluetooth is horrendously slow, for user interface devices and gaming peripherals there's noticeable latency and the range and data integrity are quite poor. All of this is entirely tolerable for everyday use, but for gaming, it's just a list of deal-breakers.

Just now, Naeaes said:

Bluetooth is usually built into the laptop's Wi-Fi radio card. Since all laptops kind of need the Wi-Fi, they get the Bluetooth for no real extra cost. So why not utilize it. But for data transfer, bluetooth is horrendously slow, for user interface devices and gaming peripherals there's noticeable latency and the range and data integrity are quite poor. All of this is entirely tolerable for everyday use, but for gaming, it's just a list of deal-breakers.

yeah, wired is best for gaming. that's why i have a wired internet connection on my gaming pc.

Umm I use the bluetooth to connect with a bluetooth speaker and/or a bluetooth headset. And you can use bluetooth too to connect with your smartphone so you can do smartphone stuff from your laptop.

sadly people like me cant move there internet apdater for they are kids like me =(

7 minutes ago, acer4thewin27 said:

yeah, wired is best for gaming. that's why i have a wired internet connection on my gaming pc.

2 minutes ago, CatFishery said:

sadly people like me cant move there internet apdater for they are kids like me =(

i got lucky and it so happened the place that my pc got set up was the room where the router was put.

33 minutes ago, Naeaes said:

Latency and range isn't an issue like it used to be. Bluetooth is quite reliable nowadays. There's a reason why the dualshock controllers and now Xbox one controllers are using it. I myself have played on my PC with my dualshock 4 without issues of latency not connection. 

First build every: Intel Core i7 4790K, Asus Z97-A/USB 3.1 motherboard, Kingston HyperX FURY 1866 2x8 16GB Kit, Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970 G1 Gaming, Corsair Obsidian 450D Black ATX Mid Tower, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB & 3TB Toshiba HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 750W G2, Corsair H100i GTX 240mm, Gigabyte Bluetooth 4.0/Wifi Card, Logitech G700S. Running on Windows 10

Surface Pro 3: i5 4300U with 8GB of ram and 256GB SSD. Running Windows 10 Pro

3 minutes ago, RyGuy99 said:

Latency and range isn't an issue like it used to be. Bluetooth is quite reliable nowadays. There's a reason why the dualshock controllers and now Xbox one controllers are using it. I myself have played on my PC with my dualshock 4 without issues of latency not connection. 

i would probably agree. i have a car with bluetooth and it never disconnects from my phone.