Streaming/Editing machine build

Hi,

I'm planing to build a PC to stream live events. Planning on having 2 stream PCs so that the stream is not killed even if a PC stops working, I already have a 2012 MacPro which can be used as one. The windows machine will be my editing/streaming PC.

These are the parts I have chosen. Will put one capture card in MacPro and the other in PC. We will be having a Live Production Mixer for video. In case we do not have, I must be able to switch between miltiple cameras. Hence got the DeckLink Studio card.

Edit: configuration edited based on suggestions.

• DeckLink Studio
  • Intensity Pro
  • Cooler Master HAF XB RC-902XB-KWN1 Cabinet
  • Corsair Vengeance DDR3 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) PC RAM (CMZ16GX3M2A1600C10R)
  • PSU Corsair CX600M
  • Asus Blu-ray BW-12B1ST
  • Asus GTX 780
  • Intel Core i5-4670
  • Asus H87-Pro mobo
  • Samsung 120gb MZ-7TD120BW ssd - adobe scratch disk
  • Seagate Barracuda 1 TB
  • DELL TFT- U2412

Any suggestions? Have I made any obvious mistake which I do not see?

Binoj D

You can´t OC that CPU (ypu can but it is quite hard) so having watercooling is in my opinion quite useless...

But other then that it seems good as far as I can see :)

Tor
Corsair Obsidian 650D - Intel 4770K CPU - Gigabyte G1 Sniper 5 - ASUS GTX 780 Direct CU 2 - Kingston Beast Hyperx Beast 16 GB RAM -  Corsair AX 1200i PSU - Samsung EVO drive 750 GB - Corsair AF series 120mm fans - Corsair H100i - Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 edition - Razer Ouroboros - Razer Manticor - Windows 7 - Beyerdynamic MMX 300

Went with watercooling because this box will also be used outdoors for streaming live events. Is the quadro card enough for editing/rendering/after effects stuff? should I add another GTX? If so, which one?

Binoj D

Take it like this, get a quadro if you are needing 10-bit color reproduction, if not get a 780 for cuda acceleration. 780's have A LOT more cuda cores than the 2000

780 is costly for me and I won't be needing 10bit color.any alternates please?

Binoj D

Can I get a better CPU and sacrifice on GPU? As I will NOT be playing any games a nd the PC will ONLY be used for streaming/editing/rendering?

Planing on going with Intel Core i7-4770 and Asus NVIDIA GTX660 TI-DC2-2GD5 2 GB GDDR5. Good choice?

Edit: CPU World says that I will be getting only little performance boost with 4770. So gonna stick with 4670.

Binoj D

780 is costly for me and I won't be needing 10bit color.any alternates please?

You can get a 780, just cut back on other parts of the rig. You don't need a sabertooth board if you're not overclocking, go with something cheaper like the MSI Z87 G-41 or the ASRock H87 Pro4. They will save you $130 and $160, respectively, over the sabertooth.

Here's a smaller EVGA 600W PSU that's still of good quality for about $55 less. You won't need 750W for this PC.

Ditch the H80i. The stock cooler on the 4670 will be absolutely fine for streaming outdoors. A liquid cooler won't fare any better because the liquid will change temperature over time, and you will get the same temperatures. This saves you $80.

All told, you could save ~$300. Spend that on getting a 780 over a 660/760. You will notice a difference if you are running renderers and editors that use CUDA acceleration (which you are).

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forgo their use, and by some other means to give us knowledge which we can attain by them. - Galileo Galilei
Build Logs: Tophat (in progress), DNAF | Useful Links: How To: Choosing Your Storage Devices and Configuration, Case Study: RAID Tolerance to Failure, Reducing Single Points of Failure in Redundant Storage , Why Choose an SSD?, ZFS From A to Z (Eric1024), Advanced RAID: Survival Rates, Flashing LSI RAID Cards (alpenwasser), SAN and Storage Networking

You can get a 780, just cut back on other parts of the rig. You don't need a sabertooth board if you're not overclocking, go with something cheaper like the MSI Z87 G-41 or the ASRock H87 Pro4. They will save you $130 and $160, respectively, over the sabertooth.

Here's a smaller EVGA 600W PSU that's still of good quality for about $55 less. You won't need 750W for this PC.

Ditch the H80i. The stock cooler on the 4670 will be absolutely fine for streaming outdoors. A liquid cooler won't fare any better because the liquid will change temperature over time, and you will get the same temperatures. This saves you $80.

All told, you could save ~$300. Spend that on getting a 780 over a 660/760. You will notice a difference if you are running renderers and editors that use CUDA acceleration (which you are).

Thanks for the suggestions. I went with sabertooth primarily because of the great build quality and protection. Because I was afraid of the dust the machine may be exposed during outdoor usage. Is it a valid argument to go with sabertooth? If so, will try to bump up the budget a little.

Binoj D

I was afraid of the dust the machine may be exposed during outdoor usage

Your case has filtered ports. As long as those are the intakes, and you have more intakes than exhausts, dust buildup will be as minimal as possible. The Sabertooth armor also thermally insulates the board, making it operate hotter.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forgo their use, and by some other means to give us knowledge which we can attain by them. - Galileo Galilei
Build Logs: Tophat (in progress), DNAF | Useful Links: How To: Choosing Your Storage Devices and Configuration, Case Study: RAID Tolerance to Failure, Reducing Single Points of Failure in Redundant Storage , Why Choose an SSD?, ZFS From A to Z (Eric1024), Advanced RAID: Survival Rates, Flashing LSI RAID Cards (alpenwasser), SAN and Storage Networking

Your case has filtered ports. As long as those are the intakes, and you have more intakes than exhausts, dust buildup will be as minimal as possible. The Sabertooth armor also thermally insulates the board, making it operate hotter.

Oh. Then I'll go with a H87 board. I've updated the OP with the current configuration I have in mind. Could you also suggest one graphics card other than 780? Just in case I'm not able to get the 780?

Binoj D

Oh. Then I'll go with a H87 board. I've updated the OP with the current configuration I have in mind. Could you also suggest one graphics card other than 780? Just in case I'm not able to get the 780?

If not the 780, then the 760 since it's right in the sweet spot of price/performance. The 780 is also in a good price/performance ratio, just at a higher price.