45 minutes ago, ayyyyZJ said:

47 minutes ago, djdwosk97 said:

48 minutes ago, Stevoisboss said:

50 minutes ago, Schrodingers Kat said:

53 minutes ago, niofalpha said:

54 minutes ago, themctipers said:

57 minutes ago, DominicNikon said:

\

Thank you all for your replies. I have decided to buy it for a cheaper price and see how it goes. I hopefully wont get sucked into buying skins and cases and gambling. Thanks to everyone who replied this has officially been the longest post I have ever made on LTTF.

Alright so my friend is pressuring me into buying CS:GO it looks fun and all but I don't have money to buy a game that I might only have 20 hours of enjoyment on. So I am asking you if you think its worth the $15 and how much you paid and how much enjoyment you got. I all so heard it is really hard and what are your opinions on that. Why is it hard? I read that you can join servers that balance you with players who are just as good as you is this true? My friend got it and probably for like 2 hours off it and then quit cuz he was frustrated that everyone was killing him. (he is a bit "noobish")

IT depends. But for most cs go players I suggest not. People end up wasting so much on skins and gambling. It's a fun game? More like competetive game. You will get fun but if you are not good all you have left is rage

do it

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

1 minute ago, dexxterlab97 said:

but if you are not good all you have left is rage

I seriously disagree with that sentiment. 

When you die in CSGO it's because the other person was better than you. When you die in COD/BF it's F*#$%@#(%$&W#(% Bullshit. 

And that opinion is generally shared by most. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Buy it on Sale, you can get it for 1/2 price every month or so.

Just remember: Random people on the internet ALWAYS know more than professionals, when someone's lying, AND can predict the future.

i7 9700K (5.2Ghz @1.2V); MSI Z390 Gaming Edge AC; Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB 3200 CAS 16; H100i RGB Platinum; Samsung 970 Evo 1TB; Samsung 850 Evo 500GB; WD Black 3 TB; Phanteks 350x; Corsair RM19750w.

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 4K 9750H GTX 1650 16GB Ram 256GB SSD

Spoiler

sex hahaha

Just now, themctipers said:

do it

If you do stay away from 

• Cases
  • Skins
  • Keys
  • Trading
  • Gambling
  •  

Just now, djdwosk97 said:

I seriously disagree with that sentiment. 

When you die in CSGO it's because the other person was better than you. When you die in COD/BF it's F*#$%@#(%$&W#(% Bullshit. 

And that opinion is generally shared by most. 

Have you heard of

• Aimbot
  • Wallhack
  • Smurfs
  • Cheaters
  • Spinbot

Personally, I don't get really into the skin and gambling side of things but I really enjoy the game. I don't play it all the time, and I sometimes won't play it for a few months, but I have spent some good times on there. 186 hours of gaming for me so far and I am by far not as into it as many others. So I recommend getting it.

CPU: Intel i9 9900K Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z390-F RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3000MHz CL15 GPU: Gigabyte 1080Ti Windforce w/ AIO Liquid cooler Case: Fractal Design Define S Storage: 500GB Samsung 970 Evo NVME, 1TB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB SanDisk Ultra II, 2TB Samsung 860 QVO PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 Gold 850W Display: 1440p 144Hz Acer XG270HU CPU Cooling: Noctua NH-D15 Keyboard: Logitech G Pro TKL Mouse: Logitech G403 Wireless Sound: Fiio E10k + Sennheiser HD6xx + Logitech Desktop Tower Speakers OS: Windows 10 Home

Have you heard of

• Aimbot
  • Wallhack
  • Smurfs
  • Cheaters
  • Spinbot

Yes I have, I play CSGO. But for the most part you don't get that much bullshit. Sure you'll get the occasional game, but by in large, it's mostly fine. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

2 minutes ago, TheSlicingEdge said:

-snip-

I got into CS:GO following a twitch and youtube trend, I watched some pro clips and It got my attention, plus is one of the cheapest games you can get on steam. I started from the bottom, never played any Counter Strike until Global Offensive 1.5 years ago. I started as Gold Nova 4, made my way up to LEM in a year, built a better computer but stopped playing it since I moved cities and started University. I have probably 900 hours into the game now. Plus I unboxed a knife which I sold for $400 real money so there is that. 

6 minutes ago, TheSlicingEdge said:

Alright so my friend is pressuring me into buying CS:GO it looks fun and all but I don't have money to buy a game that I might only have 20 hours of enjoyment on. So I am asking you if you think its worth the $15 and how much you paid and how much enjoyment you got. I all so heard it is really hard and what are your opinions on that. Why is it hard? I read that you can join servers that balance you with players who are just as good as you is this true? My friend got it and probably for like 2 hours off it and then quit cuz he was frustrated that everyone was killing him. (he is a bit "noobish")

I have 2500+ hrs in cs games. It is really hard because it is an esport game that is taken very seriously in the competitive gamemode. You need to win 10 games of the competitive gamemode to get a rank and you will get matched with players around your rank so it is true. Although you might run into "smurfs" people who intentionally are a low rank to have a easier game against lower skilled players. It is definitely a hard game to master. For example I have 1750 hours in csgo and I am LE. Which is only the 4th best rank. I personally think its a very fun game and its worth the 15$ if you don't get frustrated easily.

Unsure what power supply to pick?

Check out my HTPC build.

Quote me/others so we can help you

Comic sans is the best font

@TheSlicingEdge It does have a steep learning curve. Well, not so much a learning curve....it's point and shoot. But most guns can't aim down sight, so the way you use an AK-47, for example, is aim for their body (head if you don't suck) and shoot ONE bullet, then another (i.e. you don't just spray). 

So yes, I would say it's kind of "hard", but it's not really hard to be average. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

3 minutes ago, Brynjar said:

I got into CS:GO following a twitch and youtube trend, I watched some pro clips and It got my attention, plus is one of the cheapest games you can get on steam. I started from the bottom, never played any Counter Strike until Global Offensive 1.5 years ago. I started as Gold Nova 4, made my way up to LEM in a year, built a better computer but stopped playing it since I moved cities and started University. I have probably 900 hours into the game now. Plus I unboxed a knife which I sold for $400 real money so there is that. 

which knife? I got mine once too and it was so lucky but then of all cheaters and bad teammates I quite

to start, I'm a huge fan of cargo, so I might be a little bias, just putting that out there. I have played over 2000 hours in cargo, and I don't regret it at all. a big difference to me is how much there is to learn in so. that may seem like a bad thing to some, but I love the satisfaction of becoming good at a game that requires an endless amount of skill. you can take the game completely serious, but if you are too serious, you'll get too mad at you really get to know the game and you'll quit very fast. you gotta be able to have fun. it is an easy game to get mad at because there are so many things you cannot control, but you just need to have fun time to time. you play 10 competitive matches and it determines your skill and puts you with teammates that are similarly ranked, but that is not always the case because of high ranked people playing in lower ranks. I play go because I always want to be better at the game. (i don't know if you have even heard about them) but most gambling sites are getting shut down now, so that isn't as much of a problem, but stay away from gambling and cases. I do not agree with staying away from trading and keys because it can make nice money if you become good at it, but you have to be careful while doing it. I think it is a very fun game, and I think it is worth a buy. there's so much to get into, such as the professional teams, streaming, and much more. the main thing to me is that it isn't very expensive. if you go to g2a, you can get it even cheaper. it's not a game you need a 1080 to run it either. the choice is up to you, but i think it is definitely worth a try. :) 

edit: auto correct changed all the csgo to cargo, just replace it in your head, haha :)

Just now, dexxterlab97 said:

which knife? I got mine once too and it was so lucky but then of all cheaters and bad teammates I quite

Factory New Karambit Doppler, it looked kind of a fake pearl, there is a post about it somewhere around this forum, including a unboxing video lol. 

Just now, Brynjar said:

Factory New Karambit Doppler, it looked kind of a fake pearl, there is a post about it somewhere around this forum, including a unboxing video lol. 

I got a FN M9 Tiger Tooth but yours is way sicker. But I only opned 3 cases cuz I was poor

Just now, TheBestUserName said:

No.  It's not worth the trouble.  It's all hype and bandwagons. 

This is CS GO not No Mans Sky. Wrong game mate

It's a really fun game especially if you have friends to play with, but it does have a serious learning curve. There are lots of hackers and smurfs, and it is really hard and annoying to rank up. Valve is also a really stupid company that listens to people's advice then goes and does the opposite. I'd stick to other games unless your mates are willing to play with you.

15 minutes ago, TheSlicingEdge said:

-snip-

My wife bought it for me. I think I've spent more time on the menu versus in the actual game. Not saying that the 50 hours I've played weren't fun, they were, but as long as you don't buy into the skins it's fun.

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

10 minutes ago, Brynjar said:

cool planning on getting on sale from previous replies what do you think about getting on g2a

Why are you attempting to put words in my mouth, mate?  I never said anything about No Mans Sky. I meant what I said, and said what I meant. 

3 minutes ago, dexxterlab97 said:

What's with all the stupid double posts on the forum lately. Dumb stupid shit. They need to fix the forum. It happens to a lot of people all the time. 

2 minutes ago, Killervolt said:

It's a really fun game especially if you have friends to play with, but it does have a serious learning curve. There are lots of hackers and smurfs, and it is really hard and annoying to rank up. Valve is also a really stupid company that listens to people's advice then goes and does the opposite. I'd stick to other games unless your mates are willing to play with you.

1 mate. maybe convince the other who ragequit what do you think about buying it cheap on g2a