Blue Ray Player Fan Not Working

so I got my blueray player and I bought it used and I love it and I finally can use it after the compatible remote I ordered finally came I'm just curious of Sony's decision to put a fan and yes I mean a FAN inside of a blue ray player a device that sits in the dustiest place in the house that's not the attic or basement or the closet no one ever seems to go in and I haven't seen the fan turn on yet and I hope it works so I don't get a fried up blue ray player a hour into watching a movie I'm really wondering how I can get the player to want to turn it on and if it doesn't turn the fan on I want to find out why it isn't spinning because the bearings in the fan feel fine when I give it the quick 1 second spritz with the compressed air can

So I'm curious if it even needs the fan or if it does, does the fan even work (ps I can work with all the dust because I actually keep my tv stand and stuff with active cooling like my game consoles and blueray/dvd players)

14 minutes ago, TheProfessionalAmateurs said:

If the blueray player is semi-modern, it only turns on the fan when it needs to. I recently got an audio/video receiver, and that has a fan on the back that only turns on after around 30 min of use.

yah I got it for a real bargan for $30 on amazon and the previous owner mentioned on the listing that he never used it so it's pretty much in unused condition and I did test it with 2 bluerays one I know is fairly new with the movie being made in 2014 and it plays those fine with no skipping or glitching on the screen