keyboard synthesizer suggestions

Swegly

Want a cheap synthesizer for less than 100$. It would be helpful if I could have some suggestions, thanks!

CPU: i7 8700 GPU: Asus ROG Strix GTX 1080 Mobo: Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 5 Ram: 16GB EVGA SuperSC SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB 
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB PSU: TX650M Case: NZXT S340 Elite OS: Windows 10 Mouse: Logitech G403 Mouse Mat: HyperX Fury S Pro XL 
Keyboard: CM Masterkeys Pro S (reds) Headphones: Sennheiser HD598 Monitor: Asus 24' MG248QR Devices: IPhone 11 Pro Max + 13' Macbook Pro

3 minutes ago, Swegly said:

Want a cheap synthesizer for less than 100$. It would be helpful if I could have some suggestions, thanks!

https://www.amazon.com/M-Audio-Keystation-49-II-Controller/dp/B00IWWZAM6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1472670809&sr=8-1&keywords=keystation .

That easy. Comes with XPand!2 , a really good legit VST.

Project "Transcend": i7 7700k-R9 380 4GB by MSi, Z170-HD3P

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: $453 ($123 with sales)
  • Games owned: 76
  • Games not played: 40 (53%)
  • Hours on record: 667.0h

6 minutes ago, Swegly said:

Of course, you should always research. If you do know to play the piano, you should go ahead and buy a synth. But, if you dont, you should consider buying a Launchpad. Really helpful, interesting, and REALLY playful.

Edited by slanensis
Grammar Mistake

2 minutes ago, slanensis said:

Of course, you should always research. If you do know to play the piano, you should go ahead and buy a synth. But, if you dont, you should consider buying a Launchpad. Really helpful, interesting, and REALLY playful.

Basically Im just getting into music producing. Ill start as a hobby and if it goes anywhere ill consider it a bonus. But I just need the basics in order to start producing high quality beats but for a decent budget.

CPU: i7 8700 GPU: Asus ROG Strix GTX 1080 Mobo: Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 5 Ram: 16GB EVGA SuperSC SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB 
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB PSU: TX650M Case: NZXT S340 Elite OS: Windows 10 Mouse: Logitech G403 Mouse Mat: HyperX Fury S Pro XL 
Keyboard: CM Masterkeys Pro S (reds) Headphones: Sennheiser HD598 Monitor: Asus 24' MG248QR Devices: IPhone 11 Pro Max + 13' Macbook Pro

3 minutes ago, slanensis said:

How does a launch pad work in correspondence to FL Studio because thats the program I have been using

Just now, Swegly said:

Basically Im just getting into music producing. Ill start as a hobby and if it goes anywhere ill consider it a bonus. But I just need the basics in order to start producing high quality beats but for a decent budget.

For drums, go for a drum machine. You are juuuuust like me younger. What program are you using?

Just now, slanensis said:

For drums, go for a drum machine. You are juuuuust like me younger. What program are you using?

I am using FL studio and though I havent completely figured everything out, many sources Ive checked say that if its something you are really interested in, which I am, buying some equipment will increase the speed and quality of your learning. I like to listen to Xavier wulf, chris travis, yung lean, etc. and want to produce background beats similar to their but of course with originality

Just now, Swegly said:

How does a launch pad work in correspondence to FL Studio because thats the program I have been using

think about it as the 64 notes on a keyboard being buttons. So, 8*8=64.

so its used to completely replace a keyboard? That sounds way better for me if that true

Also, the launchpad is much known for the recreation of many trending songs to it. So like covers. Most versions of the launchpad now feature RGB lighting, so crazy light shows can be set. Chack out this:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6l7QNVy7g-M

and this:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xM2S0fhc54

1 minute ago, Swegly said:

so its used to completely replace a keyboard? That sounds way better for me if that true

I don't think that it can be used that efficiently as a normal keyboard. Though it's really good for drums and covers.

Also, the launchpad is much known for the recreation of many trending songs to it. So like covers. Most versions of the launchpad now feature RGB lighting, so crazy light shows can be set. Chack out this:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6l7QNVy7g-M

and this:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xM2S0fhc54

This just made me want to go buy one tomorrow lmao. Sorry if this sounds retarded but is it normally used to create original beats or mostly for remixes?

Plus, i use the piano as a way to find a nice melody. I then write that on a midi line, or however it is in FL studio (i am a cubase user), with drawing with the mouse. FL studio is the best program for that.

Plus, i use the piano as a way to find a nice melody. I then write that on a midi line, or however it is in FL studio (i am a cubase user), with drawing with the mouse. FL studio is the best program for that.

1 minute ago, slanensis said:

What would be the better option for first starting to create. The launchpad? I want one so bad now Hah

This just made me want to go buy one tomorrow lmao. Sorry if this sounds retarded but is it normally used to create original beats or mostly for remixes?

When my Launchpad mini wasnt broken, i used it for everything. I was like "fck the piano, we got the launchpad!"

2 minutes ago, Swegly said:

When my Launchpad mini wasnt broken, i used it for everything. I was like "fck the piano, we got the launchpad!"

Can you tell me how a launchpad works exactly and its capabilities? Also which one you recommend to buy

Just now, Swegly said:

What would be the better option for first starting to create. The launchpad? I want one so bad now Hah

Honestly, i discovered music production through the launchpad, ableton (you will need to learn that program to play most of these projects), and then took 2-3 classes to learn the basics of cubase, and then slowly and steadily learnt what i know.

Can you tell me how a launchpad works exactly and its capabilities? Also which one you recommend to buy

Sh*t, if you can, go for a launchpad pro! The forum you can learn EVERYTHING about the launchpad, is http://launchpad-pro.com/ . Especially the forum. They have some really good starter guides. That ableton program i told you, the cheapest version comes with any launchpad you buy.

Sh*t, if you can, go for a launchpad pro! The forum you can learn EVERYTHING about the launchpad, is http://launchpad-pro.com/ . Especially the forum. They have some really good starter guides. That ableton program i told you, the cheapest version comes with any launchpad you buy.

Ableton is a whole new software right? So would it be better to use the launchpad with ableton or FL?

5 minutes ago, Swegly said:

Just told you. It sends MIDI signals to the PC, and each of the 64 BUTTONS has RGB lighting! Think what the community has made.

Just told you. It sends MIDI signals to the PC, and each of the 64 BUTTONS has RGB lighting! Think what the community has made.

damn thats awesome. Basically lets you be creative without the hassle :D

Just now, Swegly said:

Ableton is a whole new software right? So would it be better to use the launchpad with ableton or FL?

Ableton. If you want to play those covers, -"projects" we call them- you will need to install ableton. Then just trying to make the launchpad work, you will learn the basics of the launchpad.