Which I5? 1080p gaming.

Hi, I am trying to choose a CPU for my first rig. So far I am aiming for a 6600K, will it be right? Or do I need to upgrade to an I7?
Link to PC http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/47Kd9W, please tell me if rig is slightly unbalanced. Thanks!

Any skylake i5 should be fine for a gtx 1060 at 1080p.

•E5-2670 @2.7GHz • Intel DX79SI • EVGA 970 SSC• GSkill Sniper 8Gb ddr3 • Corsair Spec 02 • Corsair RM750 • HyperX 120Gb SSD • Hitachi 2Tb HDD •

7 minutes ago, Ch3ssi3r said:

Hi, I am trying to choose a CPU for my first rig. So far I am aiming for a 6600K, will it be right? Or do I need to upgrade to an I7?
Link to PC http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/47Kd9W, please tell me if rig is slightly unbalanced. Thanks!

The i5 will do fine for 60hz 1080p. You'll be held on the GPU anyways.

Just change the RAM to this one, though. Will help you snag some better minimums.

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!

2 minutes ago, Imakuni said:

The i5 will do fine for 60hz 1080p. You'll be held on the GPU anyways.

Just change the RAM to this one, though. Will help you snag some better minimums.

If I wanted to up it to a 144hz what would I need to do to it?

Just now, Ch3ssi3r said:

If I wanted to up it to a 144hz what would I need to do to it?

Upgrade the CPU to a 6700k and the GPU to a 1070. Both components are going to limit you there.

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!