7700k Benchmark Posted

Kaby Lake Overview

TweakTown 7700k Performance

According to the TT link above, 7700k is performing at least according to the benchmark above 10% better than Skylake. Also it looks like a Z270 chipset is in the works. 

" Core i7-7700K is a quad-core chip clocked at 3.6GHz that can ramp up to 4.2GHz via Turbo Boost. It also features 8MB of L3 cache and 256KB of L2 cache. " - Courtesy of PCGamer

10% isn't bad considering they've had some time to see how they can improve processes for the current manufacturing process. The 7700k could be put into a Z170 board with a BIOS update. It's going to be interesting to see what the new chipset offers as far as features.  There could be some improvements made to things behind the scenes on the motherboard, like 10GB USB 3.1, better HDMI/DP. 

14 minutes ago, Katsunaka said:

Kaby Lake Overview

7700k Benchmark

According to the TT link above, 7700k is performing at least according to the benchmark above 10% better than Skylake. Also it looks like a Z270 chipset is in the works. 

" Core i7-7700K is a quad-core chip clocked at 3.6GHz that can ramp up to 4.2GHz via Turbo Boost. It also features 8MB of L3 cache and 256KB of L2 cache. " - Courtesy of PCGamer

10% isn't bad considering they've had some time to see how they can improve processes for the current manufacturing process. The 7700k could be put into a Z170 board with a BIOS update. It's going to be interesting to see what the new chipset offers as far as features.  There could be some improvements made to things behind the scenes on the motherboard, like 10GB USB 3.1, better HDMI/DP. 

2 of your links are dead :( But yeah but who would pay topdollar for 10% increase in perofmance on 14 nm? i would rather to wait to see the line they make after zen i launched. 
Hopefully Zen is actually gonna make some competition for Intel and they are forced to put some money into RnD for the average desktop user.
They allready have like 70% of the market, waht more can you earn? 
Its seems like its kinda of a waste of money until i see som more perfomance boost.

Main Rig:

CPU: Intel i7 6800k @ 4.2- 4.3 ghz 1.390V CPU Cooler: Corsair H110i GT Motherboard:  Asus x99-E LGA 2011-3 RAM: 32GB DDR4 4 x 8 GB Hyperx Fyru 2133 Mhz Storage: Intel 535 240 GB SSD, Intel 530 240 GB SSD, Seagate Barracuda 2.0 TG SSHD  GPU: Asus GTX 1070 Dual OC cooled by an NZXT G10 & Intel TS13X running @ 1904/2126mhz and 4475mhz Memory+Stock Asus GTX 1070 Dual OC Case: INWin GR One Power Supply: Corsair HX850i Monitor: Hitach 49" 4k lowms TV and a 24 AOC 1080p Monitor Keyboard:  Corasir Vengance K90 & Logitech G13 Speedpad Mouse: Logitech G600 MMO/G602 on an Icemat 2.0 w/glides :P Speakers: LG LAS455H(D8) Soundbar & Logitech G933 Artemis Spectrum Snow Edition Headphones

NAS/CS:GO Server

CPU: AMD FX8320 Stock Cooler: Corsair H100i M otherboard: Asus Sabertooth 990 REV 2.0 RAM: 4x4 GB Corsair Vengance Storage: 2 x Kingston Hyperx 120 GB SSD & 4 X Seagate 2 TB SSHD
GPU: random nvidia 512 mb card PSU: Coolermaster B500 Case: NZXT Phantom S240 Addons: NZXT LXE Fancontrol Intel quad gigabit eterhernet card.

14 minutes ago, Katsunaka said:

Kaby Lake Overview

7700k Benchmark

2 of your links are dead :( But yeah but who would pay topdollar for 10% increase in perofmance on 14 nm? i would rather to wait to see the line they make after zen i launched. 
Hopefully Zen is actually gonna make some competition for Intel and they are forced to put some money into RnD for the average desktop user.
They allready have like 70% of the market, waht more can you earn? 
Its seems like its kinda of a waste of money until i see som more perfomance boost.

Main Rig:

CPU: Intel i7 6800k @ 4.2- 4.3 ghz 1.390V CPU Cooler: Corsair H110i GT Motherboard:  Asus x99-E LGA 2011-3 RAM: 32GB DDR4 4 x 8 GB Hyperx Fyru 2133 Mhz Storage: Intel 535 240 GB SSD, Intel 530 240 GB SSD, Seagate Barracuda 2.0 TG SSHD  GPU: Asus GTX 1070 Dual OC cooled by an NZXT G10 & Intel TS13X running @ 1904/2126mhz and 4475mhz Memory+Stock Asus GTX 1070 Dual OC Case: INWin GR One Power Supply: Corsair HX850i Monitor: Hitach 49" 4k lowms TV and a 24 AOC 1080p Monitor Keyboard:  Corasir Vengance K90 & Logitech G13 Speedpad Mouse: Logitech G600 MMO/G602 on an Icemat 2.0 w/glides :P Speakers: LG LAS455H(D8) Soundbar & Logitech G933 Artemis Spectrum Snow Edition Headphones

CPU: AMD FX8320 Stock Cooler: Corsair H100i M otherboard: Asus Sabertooth 990 REV 2.0 RAM: 4x4 GB Corsair Vengance Storage: 2 x Kingston Hyperx 120 GB SSD & 4 X Seagate 2 TB SSHD
GPU: random nvidia 512 mb card PSU: Coolermaster B500 Case: NZXT Phantom S240 Addons: NZXT LXE Fancontrol Intel quad gigabit eterhernet card.

2 hours ago, Mrchooow said:

2 of your links are dead

They're linked to Tweak Town and somethings going on with their site. They worked fine earlier when I made the thread about this. 

Evidently, the NDA on Kaby lake ended today, so maybe later we'll have some interesting info.

Here's the benchmark from that link,  and what tweak town said.

53662_11_intel-core-i7-7700k-kaby-lake-p

Some CPU benchmark results have been spotted on SiSoft SANDRA 2015, with the Intel Core i7-7700K processor rocking a default clock speed of 4.2GHz, and a Turbo Boost frequency of 4.5GHz. The Core i7-7700K looks like it might feature 8MB of L3 cache, and of course - HyperThreading technology.   We can expect a refreshed Z270 chipset that will co-exist with the current Z170 platform, meaning that LGA1151-based boards might support the new Kaby Lake processors with a simple BIOS update.   As for the performance of the Core i7-7700K, we're looking at just under 10% more performance over the older Skylake-based Core i7-6700K. The Core i7-7700K scores 151.94 FOPS in SiSoft SANDRA's "Processor Arithmetic" performance, while the older Core i7-6700K scores 140.88 GOPS. Comparing its "Processor Multimedia" score, the Kaby Lake-based Core i7-7700K is capable of 379.8 Mpix/s, while the Core i7-6700K scores 353.8 Mpix/s.   Is the upgrade to the Core i7-7700K worth it for existing Core i7-6700K owners? Probably not, unless there are some changes that we don't know about in the upcoming Z270 chipset.

Read more: http://www.tweaktown.com/news/53662/intel-core-i7-7700k-kaby-lake-performance-teased/index.html

1 hour ago, Katsunaka said:

They're linked to Tweak Town and somethings going on with their site. They worked fine earlier when I made the thread about this. 

Evidently, the NDA on Kaby lake ended today, so maybe later we'll have some interesting info.

Here's the benchmark from that link,  and what tweak town said.

53662_11_intel-core-i7-7700k-kaby-lake-p

Some CPU benchmark results have been spotted on SiSoft SANDRA 2015, with the Intel Core i7-7700K processor rocking a default clock speed of 4.2GHz, and a Turbo Boost frequency of 4.5GHz. The Core i7-7700K looks like it might feature 8MB of L3 cache, and of course - HyperThreading technology.   We can expect a refreshed Z270 chipset that will co-exist with the current Z170 platform, meaning that LGA1151-based boards might support the new Kaby Lake processors with a simple BIOS update.   As for the performance of the Core i7-7700K, we're looking at just under 10% more performance over the older Skylake-based Core i7-6700K. The Core i7-7700K scores 151.94 FOPS in SiSoft SANDRA's "Processor Arithmetic" performance, while the older Core i7-6700K scores 140.88 GOPS. Comparing its "Processor Multimedia" score, the Kaby Lake-based Core i7-7700K is capable of 379.8 Mpix/s, while the Core i7-6700K scores 353.8 Mpix/s.   Is the upgrade to the Core i7-7700K worth it for existing Core i7-6700K owners? Probably not, unless there are some changes that we don't know about in the upcoming Z270 chipset.

Read more: http://www.tweaktown.com/news/53662/intel-core-i7-7700k-kaby-lake-performance-teased/index.html

Hate that i live in Norway 6 hour in front of the us, everything happeneds at night for me :(

Main Rig:

A 10% increase in performance? That's actually more than I expected. I thought intel would just increase the clockspeed by 1-200 Mhz and call it a day.

13 minutes ago, SuchIlluminati said:

A 10% increase in performance? That's actually more than I expected. I thought intel would just increase the clockspeed by 1-200 Mhz and call it a day.

If Tweak town is to be believed, 4.2 normal and 4.5 turbo, the 5ghz barrier is coming down. 

My chip reached it, but now its possible the very best of Kaby Lake could touch 5.2 ish. 

If Kaby Lake does well in real world tests and can be thrown into existing Skylake boards, Ill pick one up and reuse my current into my office machine thats running a locked 6500.

didnt intel stated that only the mobile skus where going to come out this year...and desktop parts only in 2017?! which would make this testing...well you know :(

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

4 hours ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

didnt intel stated that only the mobile skus where going to come out this year...and desktop parts only in 2017?! which would make this testing...well you know :(

Read somewhere claiming January 17 for desktop Skus.

My 3770k is stable to 4.8 but runs way too hot for my taste.  Would post at 4.9, but not 5.

53 minutes ago, NavyCuda said:

My 3770k is stable to 4.8 but runs way too hot for my taste.  Would post at 4.9, but not 5.

Not too shabby, x79 or ivy bridge? 

Not too familiar with that generation. I had Sandy Bridge and didnt want to upgrade to it. 

If Kaby Lake comes out with a thunderbolt capable mini itx board, ill pick one up along with the 7700k. Along with the rumored updates to USB 3 and IIRC memory or sata bandwidth. 

Im holding out for reviews before I pick it up. 

X77 I believe?  I can't remember to be honest, but it is an Ivy Bridge.

Very happy with it, I'd love to put two 1080s in SLI into it but the 970 is decent enough for my needs.

Really wish more people would do some math. It's not a 10% increase in performance. It's 7% (give or take). Why is this important? Well, the 7700k's boost clock is 7% higher than the 6700k's. Exactly 7%. Both of those benchmarks tested, are 7-7.5% faster on the 7700k. 7% higher clock speed equated to 7% more performance? That is somewhat surprising, as scaling is seldom ever that perfect, but it makes it less impressive in the grand scheme of things. IPC wise, Kaby lake and Skylake are basically identical. Clock for clock, there is no point in upgrading to Kaby if you already have a similar Skylake SKU. They might have better tolerance for voltage, but don't automatically assume this equates to better overclocking, as thermal headroom will still be the same. It simply means you are less likely to experience thermal runaway at higher overclocks.

Hopefully people see this, and don't start freaking out about purchasing a 6600k or 6700k recently, like they did on that news post. 

My (incomplete) memory overclocking guide: 

Does memory speed impact gaming performance? Click here to find out!

On 1/2/2017 at 9:32 PM, MageTank said:

Sometimes, we all need a little inspiration.

1 hour ago, MageTank said:

Snip

Just quoting what was said in the article from Tweak Town. 

We'll find out true numbers late this year. Most likely its an engineering sample or something. No telling if its an early ES or late ES. 

5 minutes ago, Katsunaka said:

Just quoting what was said in the article from Tweak Town. 

We'll find out true numbers late this year. Most likely its an engineering sample or something. No telling if its an early ES or late ES. 

I meant no offense to anyone on the forum. Was only mocking the sources inability to give the exact number, as it's important. 7% increase in performance that also coincides with a 7% increase in clock speed, spells out an awful lot. I just don't want people seeing 10%, thinking its IPC, and that Kaby Lake, at the same clock, will magically outperform Skylake. 

The biggest potential change in performance will be the new fin design, which allows for better voltage tolerance. We won't know what impact that will have on overclocking until it is released though. The comparison of these chips at stock, just doesn't tell us much. 

My (incomplete) memory overclocking guide: 

Does memory speed impact gaming performance? Click here to find out!

On 1/2/2017 at 9:32 PM, MageTank said:

Sometimes, we all need a little inspiration.