H80i firmware 1.0.5 finally!

Since the firmware of 1.0.4 was absolute trash and corsair wouldnt even let you download it, they have been working on it for a LONG time which was really starting to aggrivate me because i had my fans stuck at 1600 rpm and they were making a ton of noise.

The new firmware is fantastic! and it is not up on their drivers page yet, but here is a link to their forums page where they released it.

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=115836

Do you know how to update the firmware without the Corsair Link Commander?

You can use the Corsair Link program, go to devices and you'll find "update firmware" there.

But be warned, If you don't have any trouble don't update.

My program didn't adjust the new Corsair SP120 fans I switched to, so I followed the instructions in the link above.

The program don't find the H80i anymore. I have even switched USB ports, and I only get fault message when it tries to install.

First the firmware update didn't find the H80i, now it just goes to error.

The H80i thankfully works anyway, but I can't controlle it in anymore.

I have to take the PC apart more to try and find another fault.

I only did as the Corsair offisial said, removed the profile and restartet. H80i in the Corsair Link disapeard, and it has driver faults in windows.

It's so nice when thinks are this simple :D

Sorry for the few off Capital letters in my posts, it does it on its own when I Write in English, since my OS is in another Language. It's annoying.

Anders, your situation was the same as mine. And then there was no update so i was stuck with no controlability.

Make sure to DELETE the old firmware file, i have heard of numerous times where link is still using the old on when it says that it is using the new one. That could be your problem. And to HEAD, you can do it in Corsair Link 2.2.0 which you can find under the downloads section on the Corsair H80i product page on their website.

Yep! I just lost control of my pump/fans after trying to update the firmware. The firmware installation didn't work anyways. I'm receiving the error in the image below. How do I go about updating the firmware without CorsairLink?

post-5855-13667862019191_thumb.png

move it away from your desktop, and then see if it works. And I had to uninstall and reinstall corsair link too.

How to delete the old firmware file?

I just tried to uninstall the whole program again, and deleted anything Corsair I found on the computer. Found some under user/Appdata/Roaming.

I also installed the new Corair Link program that just got posted at Corsair, finally can I adjust the graphics card too.

but still no H80i to be found in the program.

Sorry for the few off Capital letters in my posts, it does it on its own when I Write in English, since my OS is in another Language. It's annoying.

My issue has been fixed. I had two CorsairLink programs installed. After uninstalling both, and installing new CorsairLink firmware update complete! YAY! no more high pitch noise

Anders - you have to replace the firmware file, not delete the old one. Download the firmware file from the link i provided, and then in Corsair Link, go to settings, and click on the "Update Firmware" under h80i. and then find the file that you downloaded.

Head- Glad to help!

Anders - you have to replace the firmware file' date=' not delete the old one. Download the firmware file from the link i provided, and then in Corsair Link, go to settings, and click on the "Update Firmware" under h80i. and then find the file that you downloaded. [/quote']

That's what I have been trying to do. It will not work. I get "Error uploading file" everytime, and yes I choose the H80i/H100i there.

Startet my gaming PC now, tried to do some overclocking but found out my motherboard can't adjust the Vcore, fun :D

But since I was in I tested the Corsair Link again, and now the pump and fans was in the program, and could update the firmware.

But I still can't adjust the fans for the H80i. I have these fans: http://www.corsair.com/en/cpu-cooling-kits/air-series-fans/air-series-sp120-quiet-edition-high-static-pressure-120mm-fan-twin-pack.html (Quiet edition).

No mather what I do, nothing happends. The fans run at about 1280 RPM.

Seems the only option is to put them on the fan controller. Would like the PC just a little quieter.

Did you connect them to the leads that come off of the H80i? Or just into fan headers on your board?

Onto the H80i, not the MB

hmm... i see no reason why it wouldnt let you. You have the h80i plugged into the USB header, and to the 4 pin cpu fan header correct?

Try and unplug everything, and then re connect everything. But remember that you must shut down your computer first.

I did that. It worked with the original fans, but not the new ones. When I changed them, I only changed the fans, nothing else, and then the H80i worked, but not the fans.

Hmm... and i know this is going to sound stupid.. but you made sure that they are connected correctly right?

Yes.

Hmm... i dont know then man, thats really wierd. Maybe try uninstalling and then reinstalling the firmware again(keeping the new fans attached)

I've done that a couple of time to.

I gave up, and put the fans on my fan controller in stead. Got the sound down, and the temp only got 1 decree celcius or something like that hotter, so no problem running my 3770K at 4.3 GHz with it this way.

Thanks for the help.