Motherboard drivers

I bought a new mobo and cpu on Amazon I got them today and already installed them but now my computer doesn't connect to the Internet, I was told I had to download the LAN driver on the official website of my mobo then install that driver in the computer with the new motherboard so I can connect to the internet and then download all the drivers that the pc needs but since I just have one computer I will have to go to a friend's house to download the LAN driver and then come to my house and do the rest... that sounds awfully convoluted so here's my question can't I just install the drivers in the disk that came with my motherboard and then used driver Booster to update those drivers?

1 minute ago, IskanderEXC said:

Just use the disk drivers until you are able to download the drivers off of the web. It works 9/10 times

yeah! that's exactly what I'm thinking! just install the disk drivers and the use driver booster to update to the latest ones, I just haven't done it cause I don't know if driver booster works with mobo drivers. that and everybody says disk drivers are crap

Just now, silvermert said:

yeah! that's exactly what I'm thinking! just install the disk drivers and the use driver booster to update to the latest ones, I just haven't done it cause I don't know if driver booster works with mobo drivers. that and everybody says disk drivers are crap

That is just a stereotype in all honesty, I think that it will work perfectly fine. I have done it multiple times, works well.

3 minutes ago, silvermert said:

What I usually do is JUST install the LAN drivers from the disk.

Once that is done, download all the latest drivers for your motherboard, including the newest LAN drivers.

Uninstall the old LAN drivers, and install everything.

Job done.

Intel Z390 Rig ( *NEW* Primary )

Intel X99 Rig (Officially Decommissioned, Dead CPU returned to Intel)

• i7-8086K @ 5.1 GHz
  • Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
  • Sapphire NITRO+ RX 6800 XT S.E + EKwb Quantum Vector Full Cover Waterblock
  • 32GB G.Skill TridentZ DDR4-3000 CL14 @ DDR-3400 custom CL15 timings
  • SanDisk 480 GB SSD + 1TB Samsung 860 EVO +  500GB Samsung 980 + 1TB WD SN750
  • EVGA SuperNOVA 850W P2 + Red/White CableMod Cables
  • Lian-Li O11 Dynamic EVO XL
  • Ekwb Custom loop + 2x EKwb Quantum Surface P360M Radiators
  • Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum + Corsair K70 (Red LED, anodized black, Cheery MX Browns)

AMD Ryzen Rig

• AMD R7-5800X
  • Gigabyte B550 Aorus Pro AC
  • 32GB (16GB X 2) Crucial Ballistix RGB DDR4-3600
  • Gigabyte Vision RTX 3060 Ti OC
  • EKwb D-RGB 360mm AIO
  • Intel 660p NVMe 1TB + Crucial MX500 1TB + WD Black 1TB HDD
  • EVGA P2 850W + White CableMod cables
  • Lian-Li LanCool II Mesh - White

Intel Z97 Rig (Decomissioned)

• Intel i5-4690K 4.8 GHz
  • ASUS ROG Maximus VII Hero Z97
  • Sapphire Vapor-X HD 7950 EVGA GTX 1070 SC Black Edition ACX 3.0
  • 20 GB (8GB X 2 + 4GB X 1) Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 MHz
  • Corsair A50 air cooler  NZXT X61
  • Crucial MX500 1TB SSD + SanDisk Ultra II 240GB SSD + WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD + Kingston V300 120GB SSD [non-gimped version]
  • Antec New TruePower 550W EVGA G2 650W + White CableMod cables
  • Cooler Master HAF 912 White NZXT S340 Elite w/ white LED stips

AMD 990FX Rig (Decommissioned)

• FX-8350 @ 4.8 / 4.9 GHz (given up on the 5.0 / 5.1 GHz attempt)
  • ASUS ROG Crosshair V Formula 990FX
  • 12 GB (4 GB X 3) G.Skill RipJawsX DDR3 @ 1866 MHz
  • Sapphire Vapor-X HD 7970 + Sapphire Dual-X HD 7970 in Crossfire  Sapphire NITRO R9-Fury in Crossfire *NONE*
  • Thermaltake Frio w/ Cooler Master JetFlo's in push-pull
  • Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD + Kingston V300 120GB SSD + WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD
  • Corsair TX850 (ver.1)
  • Cooler Master HAF 932

<> Electrical Engineer , B.Eng <>

<> Electronics & Computer Engineering Technologist (Diploma + Advanced Diploma) <>

<> Electronics Engineering Technician for the Canadian Department of National Defence <>

Just now, -rascal- said:

What I usually do is JUST install the LAN drivers from the disk.

Once that is done, download all the latest drivers for your motherboard, including the newest LAN drivers.

Uninstall the old LAN drivers, and install everything.

oh,,, i haven't thought of that xD that's actually a great idea!!!

1 hour ago, silvermert said:

Please, for the love of your computer's health and technicians everywhere, DO NOT INSTALL DRIVER BOOSTER.

Use the driver disc that came with your motherboard to install just the LAN drivers, then visit the manufacturer website to get the rest.

While there's a few legitimate driver finding programs available on the web, most of them are either trialware or contain adware/toolbars.

The ONLY driver installation program I personally trust as a technician is www.drp.su, and even then I'm very careful about how I use it.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

Punctuation marks people. I feel dumber after reading this ADHD diarrhea of the mouth. 

Black Knight-

Ryzen 5 5600, GIGABYTE B550M DS3H, 16Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000mhz, Asrock RX 6800 XT Phantom Gaming,

Seasonic Focus GM 750, Samsung EVO 860 EVO SSD M.2, Intel 660p Series M.2 2280 1TB PCIe NVMe, Linux Mint 20.2 Cinnamon

Daughter's Rig;

MSI B450 A Pro, Ryzen 5 3600x, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000mhz, Silicon Power A55 512GB SSD, Gigabyte RX 5700 Gaming OC, Corsair CX430