HELP WITH IPAD

crysilis

so my brother has an ipad 2nd generation 16gb no lte

and we went camping 

when we went camping there was too much rain and it went in my brother bags wetting everything and the ipad inside

so now there is an  water literally in the screen of the ipad

everything works perfet except for the fact that the water is very noticable

what should i do

i dont want to open it u myself as i fear damaging it

who should i go to

Mouse: Logitech g402 <3

Keyboard: Some Tenkeyless with blue kalih switches

Headphones: Logitech g430

Monitor: HP w2207h (1680 x 1050 @ 60hz)

PC Specs:CPU(AMD A8 6500 @3.5ghz), Mobo ( ASUS A68HM-E  FM2+), 1x1600mhz 4gb stick of ram, Random grey PSU, 920gb ssd

PhoneIphone 5 32gb

Tablet: Ipad 2 16gb

Laptop:Toshiba satelite with 8gb of ram a 480gb ssd and a mobile 2nd gen I3

Go to a local fixing store. If your ipad still has warranty might contact them too

If you wana spend a couple bucks and do it yourself:

https://www.ifixit.com/Device/iPad

If not, anywhere that does screen replacement kind of stuff should be able to help you.

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

3 minutes ago, dexxterlab97 said:

Go to a local fixing store. If your ipad still has warranty might contact them too

it doesnt have warranty got it as a gift from someone and they bought it from someonelse

PC Specs:CPU(AMD A8 6500 @3.5ghz), Mobo ( ASUS A68HM-E  FM2+), 1x1600mhz 4gb stick of ram, Random grey PSU, 920gb ssd

PhoneIphone 5 32gb

How about just playing a game that makes the ipad heat up and wait for the water to evaporate?   Fallout shelter comes to mind.

Mystery is the source of all true science.

Or microwaving it

seal it up in a bag of dry white rice and let it sit for a week. Seriously, if you can see under under the screen, dont turn that shit on, theres a good chance theres water elsewhere that can short it out and kill it. Just turn it off, toss it in a bag of rice, zip that bag up and leave it alone for a week or two so the water can evaporate out. 

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

2 minutes ago, Atmos said:

seal it up in a bag of dry white rice and let it sit for a week. Seriously, if you can see under under the screen, dont turn that shit on, theres a good chance theres water elsewhere that can short it out and kill it. Just turn it off, toss it in a bag of rice, zip that bag up and leave it alone for a week or two so the water can evaporate out. 

In this case I think he should get actual Silica gel instead of Rice to absorb the humidity.

https://www.amazon.com/Hydrosorbent-900-Gram-Silica-Cubic/dp/B0028M7WK4

Mystery is the source of all true science.

DO NOT TRY TO EVAPORATE THE WATER!

where is it gonna go? Likely onto the components

and we all know water+computer= no computer

So just leave it in rice or some other absorbent thing

Leave it for a day turned off then next day check on it.

Keep doing that until so don't see water. Once you don't

see water leave for another day before turning it back on. 

Build Name:

Anton

CPU: I7 4790K

GPU: ZOTAC RTX 2060 SUPER AMP EXTREME

RAM: 16GB 1600MHZ

MOBO: MSI H81M-E33

CASE: COOLER MASTER N300

PSU: THERMALTAKE 600 WATT

STORAGE: TOTAL 6.5TB, 512GB SAMSUNG 850 PRO BOOT DRIVE, 2TB HDD 1, 2TB HDD 2, 2TB WESTERN DIGITAL USB 3.0 BACKUP DRIVE

- CRACK!

1 hour ago, Sors said:

In this case I think he should get actual Silica gel instead of Rice to absorb the humidity.

https://www.amazon.com/Hydrosorbent-900-Gram-Silica-Cubic/dp/B0028M7WK4

that can work, and probably far better, but the old rice bag trick is decades old, and countless techies can confirm it works just fine. 

The silica will work better and faster, but yoy have to buy it, then wait dor it to get there. Rice, if you already have it is uber cheap and instantly ready :3

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

11 hours ago, Atmos said:

did it though it wont go out of the screen

PhoneIphone 5 32gb

11 hours ago, Savageiste said:

DO NOT TRY TO EVAPORATE THE WATER!

where is it gonna go? Likely onto the components

and we all know water+computer= no computer

So just leave it in rice or some other absorbent thing

Leave it for a day turned off then next day check on it.

Keep doing that until so don't see water. Once you don't

see water leave for another day before turning it back on. 

9 hours ago, Atmos said:

that can work, and probably far better, but the old rice bag trick is decades old, and countless techies can confirm it works just fine. 

The silica will work better and faster, but yoy have to buy it, then wait dor it to get there. Rice, if you already have it is uber cheap and instantly ready :3

guys i have lready tried this but it wont come out

PhoneIphone 5 32gb

12 hours ago, crysilis said:

did it though it wont go out of the screen

You seriously need to just let it be for multiple days, even weeks. It takes time, don't rush it.

Well sorry man but it takes days and you can't just evaporate it... Metal iPad in a microwave it would overheat at best.... Orrrr blow up half your kitchen

Build Name:

Anton

CPU: I7 4790K

GPU: ZOTAC RTX 2060 SUPER AMP EXTREME

RAM: 16GB 1600MHZ

MOBO: MSI H81M-E33

CASE: COOLER MASTER N300

PSU: THERMALTAKE 600 WATT

STORAGE: TOTAL 6.5TB, 512GB SAMSUNG 850 PRO BOOT DRIVE, 2TB HDD 1, 2TB HDD 2, 2TB WESTERN DIGITAL USB 3.0 BACKUP DRIVE

- CRACK!

11 hours ago, Atmos said:

You seriously need to just let it be for multiple days, even weeks. It takes time, don't rush it.

no seriously did it for a week

PhoneIphone 5 32gb

10 hours ago, crysilis said:

no seriously did it for a week

Your op was posted two days ago, unless you started doing this over a week ago, or went back in time after thursday, you can see why I might not believe you.

Listen. If its out of warranty, and you don't want to pay a professional to fix it, then you seriously need to just zip it up in a bag filled with rice, or silica, and let it sit until the water inside has been absorbed out. Until you can no longer see any trace of water under the screen, do not power it on, and keep it zipped up.

If the water got in there, then the water will get out, it just takes time and you have to be patient.

13 minutes ago, Atmos said:

Your op was posted two days ago, unless you started doing this over a week ago, or went back in time after thursday, you can see why I might not believe you.

Listen. If its out of warranty, and you don't want to pay a professional to fix it, then you seriously need to just zip it up in a bag filled with rice, or silica, and let it sit until the water inside has been absorbed out. Until you can no longer see any trace of water under the screen, do not power it on, and keep it zipped up.

If the water got in there, then the water will get out, it just takes time and you have to be patient.

oh im fine with paying a professional

but the dudes at apple refused to fix it

and i posted this like 2 weeks after i put it in rice

PhoneIphone 5 32gb

14 minutes ago, Atmos said:

oh im fine with paying a professional

but the dudes at apple refused to fix it

and i posted this like 2 weeks after i put it in rice

do you have any other reccomendations

PhoneIphone 5 32gb