Monitoring/Regulating GPU temps

colinmcgrubby26

Parts list: http://pcpartpicker.com/list/p8b8r7

First build, so bare with me. I did a couple of benchmarks with Heaven and noticed the computer getting a little loud. I have the CPUID HWMonitor and the GPU hit 80 degrees a couple of times during the benchmark. CPU seems to be doing fine. I also tried MSI afterburner so I can use the phone app to check temps while I am playing a game, but the 'GPU temperature' option that I saw in videos was not available for some reason.

I am still using the 2 fans (1 in the front, 1 in the back) that came with the chasse. I know that there is not a golden answer because every rig requires something different and has different temperatures. What method do you all use to monitor temps and make sure the gpu is not getting too hot? From what I have read, temperatures above 80 degrees is something to pay attention to, so I am considering getting one of the Noctua fans.

I have a second monitor, so I will put up afterburner on my other monitor so I can easy montior temps.

80C is still fine for GPU. Over 85C is something to notice. Still 80C under benchmark is good. Do you get same with gaming?

You can make custom fan curves with Afterburner.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv