Finding the new 'Perfect' Gaming/CS:GO Mouse?

12 minutes ago, lukesterboy said:

Yeh i think this is true. I would like this mouse more for csgo like i said in the title. I'm going ahead with the zowie anyway.

Once again, glad I could help.

23 minutes ago, woll3 said:

As said, its mediocre, not unusable, and i rather discuss products not players, the creaking is also a recurring thing since the DA 3G that might be less pronounced on the 2´s due to there size not to mention that i dont have to buy mice but thats another topic, and also as said, other s notice the difference, if you dont, well, good for you. And the alternative i brought up was the Alcor,  which offers more, in a similar shape for a lot less, i never said the PGM was similar in shape.

Also i mentioned only what has been the latest "big" thing i did, i also played in the CS:GO EPS(back when it wasnt just "Meisterschaft") Relegation, but well whatever, the market has already been stale enough, but if people want 10 year old stuff just because of hype, well, its up to them, or maybe it just doesnt matter in one shot spray games anyway. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I was by no mean saying the Logitech PGM is a bad mouse though, as for the 3.0 / Alcor, it isn't quite the same as EC2-A / PGM. The IE 3.0 was released in the mid 2000s while the Alcor was released in 2014. It's pretty much obvious that the Alcor would offer more for less. The EC2-A has Huano switches and a 3310 sensor while the PGM has Omron switches and the newer 3366. They use different parts but are somewhat comparable in performance, EC2-A is $10 USD cheaper and is good enough to play CS:GO competitively. PGM has more features and a better sensor but it does indeed come at a cost, sure $10 USD isn't much but the said features aren't something really worth overlooking the EC2-A for, especially if you don't like the shape. I agree that the market is stale but there is only so much you can innovate on a mouse and make it worth buying. I still get hyped for new mice though. Plus if this stuff is really that old and is rocking the world, well there is probably a good reason for it. Marketing can only do so much.

Just now, slifrocith said:

I was by no mean saying the Logitech PGM is a bad mouse though, as for the 3.0 / Alcor, it isn't quite the same as EC2-A / PGM. The IE 3.0 was released in the mid 2000s while the Alcor was released in 2014. It's pretty much obvious that the Alcor would offer more for less. The EC2-A has Huano switches and a 3310 sensor while the PGM has Omron switches and the newer 3366. They use different parts but are somewhat comparable in performance, EC2-A is $10 USD cheaper and is good enough to play CS:GO competitively. PGM has more features and a better sensor but it does indeed come at a cost, sure $10 USD isn't much but the said features aren't something really worth overlooking the EC2-A for, especially if you don't like the shape. I agree that the market is stale but there is only so much you can innovate on a mouse and make it worth buying.

???

I think you misunderstood me, i wrote:

Just now, woll3 said:

And if somebody wants the 3.0 shape, than there are alternatives as well, like the Alcor.

And 3.0 shape, includes stuff like the EC1 and EC2, Mamba, 550/530/500m, Rival Rescuer, Rival 300, Alcor/Mizar, 300m, Ventus X/optical, XM300, Deathadder, so on and so forth.  The Alcor comparison was obv. towards the EC2, it does the same with better Hardware and shell design.

On 26/08/2016 at 0:05 PM, woll3 said:

???

I think you misunderstood me, i wrote:

And 3.0 shape, includes stuff like the EC1 and EC2, Mamba, 550/530/500m, Rival Rescuer, Rival 300, Alcor/Mizar, 300m, Ventus X/optical, XM300, Deathadder, so on and so forth.  The Alcor comparison was obv. towards the EC2, it does the same with better Hardware and shell design.

Oh yes I did misunderstood you, I apologize, Alcor's shell design is indeed better for the mouse clicks and side buttons but the EC2-A is definitely sporting the better hardware of the 2. The Alcor's Avago 3090 isn't as good as the EC2-A's Pixart PMW 3310. The Alcor does spin out on occasion if you move the mouse too fast and it seems to have some deceleration as well. I'm an AWPer in CS:GO and I wouldn't risk my mouse spinning out during a match, losing that $4750 gun is huge. If OP is interested here's a comparison video between the CM Storm Alcor and the Zowie EC2-A.

Just now, slifrocith said:

Oh yes I did misunderstood you, I apologize, Alcor's shell design is better for the mouse clicks and side buttons but the EC2-A is definitely sporting the better hardware of the 2. The Alcor's Avaga 3090 isn't as good as the EC2-A's Pixart PMW 3310. The Alcor does spin out on occasion if you move the mouse too fast and it seems to have some deceleration as well. I'm an AWPer in CS:GO and I wouldn't risk my mouse spinning out during a match, losing that $4750 gun is huge. If OP is interested here's a comparison video between the CM Storm Alcor and the Zowie EC2-A.

You are contradicting yourself here, just saying, and while it is more surface dependent, on most surfaces you still get more than 4m/s, which is also depending on which Firmware you are using(not checking into this stuff is also one of the reasons i cant recommend RJN). Not to mention that again motion latency is lower than with the Zowies, instead of using the 10 year old EnCore III you actually get an ARM M3, and instead of Huanos you get Omron D2F-01F(the japanese sorted ones), so the Alcor has the better Hardware for the lower price.^^

On 26/08/2016 at 0:32 PM, woll3 said:

You are contradicting yourself here, just saying, and while it is more surface dependent, on most surfaces you still get more than 4m/s, which is also depending on which Firmware you are using(not checking into this stuff is also one of the reasons i cant recommend RJN). Not to mention that again motion latency is lower than with the Zowies, instead of using the 10 year old EnCore III you actually get an ARM M3, and instead of Huanos you get Omron D2F-01F(the japanese sorted ones), so the Alcor has the better Hardware for the lower price.^^

It's pretty much a gamble, isn't it then? My flickshots regularly hits over 4m/s, I'd rather not risk it spinning out because my mousepad isn't optimised for the Alcor. Huano vs. Omron is preference, I prefer Huanos for the hard clicks, as I previously mentioned I find it easier to tap with it. EnCore III vs. ARM M3 must be a wash as it appears to not have as much impact as the sensors. 3090 vs. 3310, 3310 definitely has the edge as it can withstand higher speed. As for price, I checked and the lowest price I could find for the Alcor in brand new condition is $60 USD so pretty much the same as the EC2-A. Alcor also have a higher lift off distance than the EC2-A which isn't something good for CS:GO. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯