3500$ pc build 2016

ankitrangu

Hello everyone,

i am new here.

i am a cg artist from india. and currently i am looking for a gaming and rendering pc build in the budget of max. 3500$ with latest and most performing pc components.

so please suggest me a nice build if possible.

thanks.

$3500 USD? If so, this is a great build.It is under $3500 so it lives you with about 1k to buy monitors accessories or whatever else you might need.

16 minutes ago, ankitrangu said:

Hello everyone,

i am new here.

i am a cg artist from india. and currently i am looking for a gaming and rendering pc build in the budget of max. 3500$ with latest and most performing pc components.

thanks.

There you go:

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/hGJbKZ

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

6 minutes ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

Why the Titan XP? Its such a waste

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Those who know much are aware that they know little. - Slick roasting me

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

Offical first poster LTT V2.0

24 minutes ago, partypanda64 said:

$3500 USD? If so, this is a great build.It is under $3500 so it lives you with about 1k to buy monitors accessories or whatever else you might need.

Go for this build with a 6800K instead of the 6700K

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

1 minute ago, Clanscorpia said:

-snip-

Depends on what your doing dude... " gaming and rendering pc build". He might just need that much VRAM, like Linus showed today with using a Quadro M6000 for gaming.

Groomlake Authority

Here, I got a build that is great for cg, editing, rendering, good in 4k gaming. Also, I included a lg 4k monitor. SRGB feature is included in this monitor.

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/zGk6r7

Edited by PCNoobie

Just now, VerticalDiscussions said:

Depends on what your doing dude... " gaming and rendering pc build". He might just need that much VRAM, like Linus showed today with using a Quadro M6000 for gaming.

I very highly doubt that, even then, 8GB should suffice

Spoiler

AXIOM

Just now, Clanscorpia said:

-snip-

Well then you shouldnt doubt. He might be working for Pixar, which should use like 10Gigs or more at 5K-8K rendering scenes...

Groomlake Authority

26 minutes ago, partypanda64 said:

I think 1080 sli is waste of money. One 1080 is enough to get 4k 60fps in DOOM, No Man's Sky, OverWatch, and other well known games.

14 minutes ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

Titan xp is too overpriced it's over twice the price of 1080 that the performance is not twice faster than 1080...

31 minutes ago, Clanscorpia said:

If you think that is the only thing wrong with his suggested build.... then I have no words.

29 minutes ago, Clanscorpia said:

Go for this build

That build may likely not be enough for his needs... Its more gaming oriented, that CPU wouldn't be enough.

21 minutes ago, PCNoobie said:

I think 1080 sli is waste of money. One 1080 is enough to get 4k 60fps in DOOM, No Man's Sky, OverWatch, and other well known games.

Not sure what 1080's you're looking at, but it doesn't keep it capped at 60fps by any means. Certainly not at ultra/maxed graphics. Certainly not for all games. Don't get me wrong, 1080 is a great card, and even a good card for single card 4k performance... but there is definitely headroom to be taken advantage of at higher refresh rates or resolutions (assuming you don't want to turn settings down/off) by adding a second card

Here is my recommended build based upon what your workload is: http://pcpartpicker.com/list/LMTC6X

You can always change this, such as if you don't think you need SLI 1080 (I know I just disagreed with PCNoobie there, but he isn't wrong that 1080 SLI isn't for everyone. Plenty of people are happy with just a single 1080). You could always get a better CPU like a 6900k (or even a 6950X if you wanted to go that route) instead of 2 1080's if you think that is more your style. Also, I spent some of the budget in making everything colour coordinated, and mostly black and white when possible so that you can put LED's in there and make it look whatever colour you want =). If you didn't want to spend this much on just the tower its also very possible to shave alot of money off this build. You may not need to RAID 0 NVME drives, You may not need 5TB of Black Drive mass storage. If you opt for 1 GPU you don't need such a high wattage PSU. You certainly don't NEED such a huge case or 3200MHz RAM (although its a good idea if you're going to run 2 GPU's).

If you want we can fine tune this build to your exact needs/desires, but based on the broad terms with which you set us, this is what I would recommend =)

3 minutes ago, Zyndo said:

If you think that is the only thing wrong with his suggested build.... then I have no words.

That build may likely not be enough for his needs... Its more gaming oriented, that CPU wouldn't be enough.

1. The first thing I noticed was the Titan and then I closed the tab cringing

2. I changed what I said to say Go for that with a 6800K instead of the 6700K

Spoiler

AXIOM

IF extreme CPU horsepower is more your thing, then you could always re-balance the computer to be more like this:

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/BV278K

I hear that the 6950X may not be the smartest buy, as there are supposedly Xeons that are equally strong at a lower cost... buuut I don't know much of  anything about Xeons, or what makes them so special... so yeah =) You could also do this exact build and save yourself ~600 bucks by getting a 6900k =) 8 cores should still be more than enough for anyones Home computer. Even a work oriented home computer.

1 hour ago, Clanscorpia said:

1 hour ago, PCNoobie said:

Titan xp is too overpriced it's over twice the price of 1080 that the performance is not twice faster than 1080...

Right, cause if he needs more horse power he can buy a 3rd 1080... Oh wait...

I chose the Titan X so that he can have more room to upgrade if he needs to, if he doesn't wish to do so, 1080s would work fine

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

1 hour ago, Zyndo said:

Let me explain why I used what I used...

• He said gaming/workstation PC, so for workstation, utmost stability is key, so I don't think he will overclock (much) (the Hyper 212 Evo will suffice)
  • A single 4TB hard drive?: I could have easily gotten a 256GB SSD and a 2-3TB hard drive, but I went with capacity over speed
  • A Titan X? What?: A single Titan X is, in fact, weaker than 2x 1080s, BUT it has 12GB of vRAM (helpful in a workstation) and he can later put 2 in SLI to speed up his rendering tasks and boost his gaming performance(I know you don't need SLI for rendering, but you do need it for gaming)
  • An 850W PSU is overkill: Hell yeah!

2 minutes ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

Snip

You don't need to explain it. I know why you chose to put the things in that you chose to put in. I was saying that the reasoning and choices don't really make that much sense when you can get better for cheaper. even the 12GB of VRAM doesn't really make much sense. Most people, even many hardcore users, will not make use of that much VRAM.

Although I didn't realize you thought overclocking was a bad idea (even where stability is important). A proper overclock, when done responsibly, is not unstable or dangerous at all, and its free performance you're otherwise leaving on the table. There isn't really a whole lot of reason to NOT do overclocking if you're going to buy an overclockable chip.

2 minutes ago, Zyndo said:

Although I didn't realize you thought overclocking was a bad idea (even where stability is important). A proper overclock, when done responsibly, is not unstable or dangerous at all, and its free performance you're otherwise leaving on the table. There isn't really a whole lot of reason to NOT do overclocking if you're going to buy an overclockable chip.

I didn't say that it was a bad idea, but for those who are building a workstation, I recommend not to overclock, as many will get lazy and not verify their overclock correctly... (Stress test for 10minutes and all is OK) If he verifies that overclock for at least 24Hours then he won't have any issues... But, if he has that much money to spend, he can spend a bit more to get an H100i, Kraken X61, or any good liquid cooler, if he really wants to overclock... 

11 hours ago, ankitrangu said:

Hello everyone,

i am new here.

thanks.

3500 US Dollar  = 2,34,500 Indian Rupees

i also live in india ...  and mostly people don't build with this kind of budget in india ... so i don't know anything about how to build this pc but what i know is -----

1)" Nvida Titan X pascal"  is not available in india as of now and even if it is launched it will not be less than ₹1,00,000.... so you can go with the " geforce gtx titan x " previous version , but also that won't cost less than about ₹80,000.

2)i don't know anything about cg ... so you should first check what graphics card is better for you i.e. the graphics card with more vram etc. and also about the processor will you benefit from more cpu cores or higher clock speed.

3)you should probably contact intel directy wether they sell thier new 14 nm xeons or any other previous gen xeons in india to normal public .... and where would be a good place to buy them.

if you know all of these then probably you can build a great pc for cg and gaming 

good luck.

18 hours ago, PCNoobie said:

do you only need tower or monitor and others?

i only need full tower pc not monitors...

and also suggest me if i need monitors then witch monitors will do great job with nice color calibration in a tight budget

thanks

thank you so much guys for your help...

but sorry to say i didn't find any satisfactory build yet.

here is some products that i chose on my own as i dont have that good knowledge about the hardware so please i request you to fit it in the budget and the bestest build in the budget. so here you go guys...

CPU

Intel core i7 6950x 10 core

Intel core i7 6950k 8 core

Intel core i7 6800k 6 core

MOBO

Asus Z170 Delux

Asus ROG Strix X99 Gaming

GPU

Asus GTX 1080 FE 8GB (2 Way SLI IF Possible)

Asus Geforce GTX Titan X 12GB

Asus Geforce GTX 980Ti (2 Way SLI)

RAM

G Skill Tridentz Series 3400 MHz - 64GB

SMPS

Corsair ATX AX 1200i 1200 Watts

Corsair ATX AX 850 Watts

CASE

NZXT Phantom 820 Full Tower (White)

ssd for my os boot and priority cg softwares like maya, 3ds max, AE, photoshop, Zbrush etc....

would like to have the build with liquid cooling

now please fit from these products or better than this as per your knowledge that what will be better and compatible with each other...

i just gave you all just a basic idea from my side that what i actually looking for....

and yeah sorry for my bad english... :P

Thanks everyone...

and also include the gaming mouse and keyboard with mat :P

6950x costs ₹1,32,000 ?? so thats like more than half of your budget...  i don't think that will work 

here's 6900k about ₹85,000

http://mdcomputers.in/processor-1381904142/extreme-level/intel-processor-core-i7-6900k-x99-chipset-lga2011-v3-socket-20mb-cache-up-to-4-ghz.html 

and if you are going with intel high end processor probably u should also go with liquid cooling and in india custom water loop is not possible as you will have to import all custom water loop components which will be quite expensive... so your best bet will be an aio liquid cooler .... but very less company's sell liquid cooler in india so your choice would be very limited .... u should ask in the subforum of liquid cooling on llt like which is the best aio liquid cooler.

i would recommend buying parts from offline store ..... they would have cheaper than offline find a good store who have such high end parts available near your area....