would 10gb/s be worth it for a VE server? ? ?

ghost001985

im planning an upgrade to my network. im remoted in to 6 virtual machines from 1 VE server to my main pc. theres a nas and internet on the same network, and no the VE is not using the nas as a target. so would a 10gb/s help with day to day running of my network? or maybe grab a couple 4 port 1gb/s cards, and hook them into taming mode?

No, 10G will absolutely not help you.  Even multiple gigabit won't help unless you can prove that your computer's interface is hitting the limit on a 1G connection.  There are various tools that will help you see network utilization in real time.  On most Linux distributions, you can install 'ifstat' from your package manager.  On Windows, you might as well just open task manager and go to the network tab - look for the gigabit connection to hit 100% and watch the graph for a while.  If it doesn't hit 100% and stay there, you don't need 10G.

Note that doing "teaming" properly requires a switch that supports LACP and you know how to configure it.  Any other form of "teaming" generally provides redundancy, where only one NIC is actually used at a time.  Also teaming multiple NICs will generally not let you get more than the speed of one NIC to a given server/computer at a time.

10G will not have an appreciable impact on latency that will matter to you (.0001 ms per packet or something on that order of magnitude)