LCD Monitor Resolution reset issues

SmartGamer278

Hi. I have a IBM 17 inch LCD monitor that i use in both PC and in TV device. The problem is that when i plug it in TV device and set the resolution setting, and when i plug it in PC , the resolution settings get reset. Its auto image is also not responsive... please  help..

no but lcd own resolution setting goes reset. and display goes cross out the border to upside..

15 minutes ago, SmartGamer278 said:

Hi. I have a IBM 17 inch LCD monitor that i use in both PC and in TV device. The problem is that when i plug it in TV device and set the resolution setting, and when i plug it in PC , the resolution settings get reset. Its auto image is also not responsive... please  help..

What type of cable? this can happen with a weak digital signal.

I am a paid professional, but only when I am at work...and getting paid.

You sure its not the button on your tv that toogles the zoom mode. both my monitors that are TVs have said button, the button has "ASPECT" written on it and pressing it toggles between 

16:9

4:3

Auto

SmartZoom

Subtitle

Zoom

Full (I use this one)

3 minutes ago, SmartGamer278 said:

i have vga cable and its in good condition

okay, so most tvs have issues with using auto detect res settings, Can you go into you gfx menu(Intel/AMD/nVidia) and set it to a manual resolution 720p or whatever it is.

Just now, kris2340k said:

You sure its not the button on your tv that toogles the zoom mode. both my monitors that are TVs have said button, the button has "ASPECT" written on it and pressing it toggles between 

16:9

4:3

Auto

SmartZoom

Subtitle

Zoom

Full (I use this one)

no it has only auto image setup button

Just now, SmartGamer278 said:

no it has only auto image setup button

No options in the settings either, no buttons with boxes and arrows on them?

1 minute ago, swordsman247 said:

okay, so most tvs have issues with using auto detect res settings, Can you go into you gfx menu(Intel/AMD/nVidia) and set it to a manual resolution 720p or whatever it is.

i sat it on pc. but when i plug it in tv ihave to set it for tv settings then again for pc

1 minute ago, kris2340k said:

No options in the settings either, no buttons with boxes and arrows on them?

it has buttons. but i want a single setting for both pc and tv device.

1 minute ago, SmartGamer278 said:

it has buttons. but i want a single setting for both pc and tv device.

Are they using the same input cable type, eg HDMI? 

i sat it on pc. but when i plug it in tv ihave to set it for tv settings then again for pc

...not sure what that means? You have to set the pc to tv mode? is it an all-in-one with a tv built in to? (Those are a pain to fix btw.) You may have to rest the res every time you switch between them then.

Just now, swordsman247 said:

...not sure what that means? You have to set the pc to tv mode? is it an all-in-one with a tv built in to? (Those are a pain to fix btw.) You may have to rest the res every time you switch between them then.

now i set my pc res to 1024x768. now its works on both tv device and also on pc... thanks.

Works fine on mine, I can have a sky or tivo box and a pc all at 1080p over hdmi and switch flawlessly with both staying at 1080p

now i set my pc res to 1024x768. now its works on both tv device and also on pc... thanks.

You could increase it bit by bit on the slider in windows, see how high you can get it without it automatically switching

2 minutes ago, kris2340k said:

Works fine on mine, I can have a sky or tivo box and a pc all at 1080p over hdmi and switch flawlessly with both staying at 1080p

yeah I do that with my ht pc and ps4... just not sure what the OP is asking for help on.

EDIT: well we got somewhere somehow any way ;)

yeah I do that with my ht pc and ps4... just not sure what the OP is asking for help on.

EDIT: well we got somewhere somehow any way ;)

Well ive got this button that zooms the entire screen in and it always stays on whateverr zoom level I leave it on.

I think his tv changes the zoom level when he changes inputs, he does not want this.