ASRock Z170A-X1/3.1 LGA 1151

Go to solution Solved by Castdeath97,
13 hours ago, ddenis1021 said:

Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD3 ATX LGA1151 Motherboard       or         ASRock Z170A-X1/3.1 ATX LGA1151 Motherboard

The gigabyte board does look better IMHO and it supports features like SLI

Hey, im building a new gaming pc and thinking of maybe overclocking in the future. Is the ASRock Z170A-X1/3.1 LGA 1151 motherboard a good choice?

I plan on buying an evga GTX 1060 sc 6gb as my GPU and CPU the i7-6700k. Also 16 gb of RAM

Thanks

If that's a gaming PC don't get the i7 6700K, you will be better off with a i5 6600K and a 1070. The difference between the i5 and the i7 when compared to the difference between the 1060 and the 1070 is small.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

5 minutes ago, Castdeath97 said:

If that's a gaming PC don't get the i7 6700K, you will be better off with a i5 6600K and a 1070. The difference between the i5 and the i7 when compared to the difference between the 1060 and the 1070 is small.

i7 6700 so that it last me longer, and 1070 too expensive :P

6 minutes ago, ddenis1021 said:

i7 6700 so that it last me longer, and 1070 too expensive :P

If you get a I5 you will be able to afford it! Also the 1070 will last you longer as well.

Pascal laptops guide

5 minutes ago, Castdeath97 said:

If you get a I5 you will be able to afford it! Also the 1070 will last you longer as well.

But its $70 dollars more than the previous combination, and i feel like it will be easyer to upgrade the 1060 , than the i7 6700k in the long run

5 minutes ago, ddenis1021 said:

But its $70 dollars more than the previous combination, and i feel like it will be easyer to upgrade the 1060 , than the i7 6700k in the long run

The i7 6700K is usually 100-130 dollars more than i5 6600k, if it's 70 it might be worth it. But even then the difference between a 1060 and a 1070 is higher than a i5 6600K and the i7 6700k when both are cleared from bottlenecks as possible in current games:

Pascal laptops guide

38 minutes ago, Castdeath97 said:

The i7 6700K is usually 100-130 dollars more than i5 6600k, if it's 70 it might be worth it. But even then the difference between a 1060 and a 1070 is higher than a i5 6600K and the i7 6700k when both are cleared from bottlenecks as possible in current games:

But wont the i5 fall behind the i7 in future games in the coming years, and i mostly play cpu intensive games like total war. 

also budget is $1000 USD

11 hours ago, ddenis1021 said:

But wont the i5 fall behind the i7 in future games in the coming years, and i mostly play cpu intensive games like total war. 

also budget is $1000 USD

Maybe, maybe not. But, right now it's obvious that the i7 extra threads aren't made use of.

Pascal laptops guide

10 hours ago, Castdeath97 said:

Maybe, maybe not. But, right now it's obvious that the i7 extra threads aren't made use of.

Youre rigth, and Gpus get outdated fater than CPUs so investing in the GPU is better in the long run 

16 minutes ago, ddenis1021 said:

Youre rigth, and Gpus get outdated fater than CPUs so investing in the GPU is better in the long run 

It all depends on what you plan on upgrading first, but getting a i7 6700K or whatever new Intel CPU that still fits the same socket down the line isn't impossible if you need to.

Pascal laptops guide

1 minute ago, Castdeath97 said:

It all depends on what you plan on upgrading first, but getting a i7 6700K or whatever new Intel CPU that still fits the same socket down the line isn't impossible if you need to.

Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD3 ATX LGA1151 Motherboard       or         ASRock Z170A-X1/3.1 ATX LGA1151 Motherboard

13 hours ago, ddenis1021 said:

The gigabyte board does look better IMHO and it supports features like SLI

Pascal laptops guide