Fractal Design Define S & Thermaltake Water 3.0 Ultimate

Hello,

I am planning to buy a Fractal Design Define S case (with Window) in the near future for my PC upgrade.
I want to cool this System with a Thermaltake Water 3.0 Ultimate. It is a 360mm AIO Watercooler.

Now I have some questions.
1. Has anyone some experience with this case? How is the build Quality, is the window very easily scrached?

2. How it the build Quality tof the Thermaltake Water 3.0 Ulitmate?

3. Does the Thermaltake Water 3.0 Ultimate fit in the Front or in the Top of the case. I have read, that the Define S can fit a 360mm Radiator in the front and in the top. But I am concerned, that this radiator might not fit because it is a little bigger than 360mm. And with my Phanteks Entho evolv ITX I couldn't fit a 280mm corsair H110i GT in the top. I just want to make sure it will fit.

4. Are the tubes of the AIO long enough to be mounted in the front?

Any better suggestions for an AIO. I am pretty sure, that I will get the Define S because I have some good experiences with other Fracta Cases.

Sorry for any bad english, I am not a native speaker.

And already thank you for our answears.

Robolon

1. yes, great quality, yes the acrylic is easily scratchable.
  2. typical asetek AIO
  3. it can be mounted in the front and prolly best layout than roof mounted.
  4. should be long enough with 326mm long tubing.

dual 360 is tight, but can be done

lL0WBwc.jpg

source: http://www.overclock.net/t/1584943/build-log-star-wars-inspired-define-s-build/0_30

Thank you for the lightning fast reply.

All questions answeared.  I guess, I'll buy the case first and then measure the needed length. 

Judging by that picture I will sooner or later have to go with a custom loop,  or else there will be  a lot of space between the mobo and the radiator. 

One more question, how are the thermaltake ring fans? Performance noise? 

I am currently using two 6 month old Noctua Industrial 2000rpm PWM fans at approximately 800-1400rpm. Sould I stay with these or should I get some thermaltake ring fans? I just care a little about looks,  so the LEDs aren't very important. 

the Tt fans appear to be fair in specs (not all specs are believable). the noctuas are the better fan.

i am not one to ask about LED fans..

Ok, thanks for that reply. I think I'll stick with the noctua Fans. I can put any LED strip in the case :)

I think, that I'll use the leftover LED strip pieces I have at home at the beginning. These have 5050 LEDs on them. I also have some very powerful 5mm LEDs at home. Maybe I will assemble somthing out of these. Later i might get the NZXT hue+.

• 3 months later...

Here is a short Status Update:

For some Time I was using a Noctua D15. Now I replaced it with the Corsair H110i GT from my brothers PC. He isn't using it very often, so I gave him the D15.

I also got a NZXT Hue+.