So working from home for a few days...should I get the new Deus Ex?

Misanthrope

As one of you saw for like 20 seconds before I realized I completely fucked up and posted my rant on the news section by mistake, I injured myself yesterday. Looks like a sprain ankle and knee, but on opposite legs so mobility it's like none right now.

Since I'll be working from home for 1 or 2 days I was thinking on getting the new Deus Ex. Is it out already or out later today? Anybody tried it?

-------

Current Rig

-------

mankind divided literally comes out in an hour (ET time). anyway judging from early reviews, it's generally positive. jim sterling also reviewed it and gave it a 9/10. honestly i think if you enjoyed human revolution, mankind divided will be much of the same, but improved in some areas. 

You should do work if you're "working" ;) 

3 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

SNIP

Get it, from what I hear, its like the previous one, but a few extra abilities, more story etc etc

if you liked HR get this

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Just now, Ivo said:

You should do work if you're "working" ;) 

Haha I know I know.

To clarify I get tickets every so often to load data (I'm in Master Data Management) and I usually drop everything to get those requirements done quickly but sometimes I get 1 or 2 days of just nothing but downtime then a huge grind of work. It's looking like not much today.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Just now, Misanthrope said:

Haha I know I know.

To clarify I get tickets every so often to load data (I'm in Master Data Management) and I usually drop everything to get those requirements done quickly but sometimes I get 1 or 2 days of just nothing but downtime then a huge grind of work. It's looking like not much today.

Well to answer your question, I do not know but you can always do Steam refund if you do not like the game!

1 minute ago, Technicolors said:

and you injured yourself from ranting? careful with the words... lol

LOL No I'm injured from eating shit on a bus stop: rolled my right ankle and while trying not to fall down I also twisted my left knee sideways.

-------

Current Rig

-------

1 hour ago, Misanthrope said:

As one of you saw for like 20 seconds before I realized I completely fucked up and posted my rant on the news section by mistake, I injured myself yesterday. Looks like a sprain ankle and knee, but on opposite legs so mobility it's like none right now.

Since I'll be working from home for 1 or 2 days I was thinking on getting the new Deus Ex. Is it out already or out later today? Anybody tried it?

Dude I would totally get it. I'm personally a HUGE fan of the series (I even liked Infinite War, though it was far inferior to the original and to HR). How much did you like HR? If you loved it, I have no doubt you'll love MD.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

51 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

Dude I would totally get it. I'm personally a HUGE fan of the series (I even liked Infinite War, though it was far inferior to the original and to HR). How much did you like HR? If you loved it, I have no doubt you'll love MD.

Well reviews are coming in and it's another bad launch with several people struggling even with top of the line rigs. I'm gonna wait it out at least a few days if not for the first minor discount.

-------

Current Rig

-------

24 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

Well reviews are coming in and it's another bad launch with several people struggling even with top of the line rigs. I'm gonna wait it out at least a few days if not for the first minor discount.

yeah it's struggling with my 1070... i expected at least high settings at 1440p, but it doesn't bode very well... 

1 minute ago, Technicolors said:

yeah it's struggling with my 1070... i expected at least high settings at 1440p, but it doesn't bode very well... 

When they said they were delaying DX12 I suspected something like this could happen. Shame really but hopefully they'll patch it quickly.

-------

Current Rig

-------

I'll wait for the inevitable expansion pack first and buy them together. The CE with season pass seems a little too expensive when the past games only had a single expansion pack at the most.

Also like with the last game, I bought the original version, but then I had to buy it again for the updated version with the stealth gameplay additions, and stealth / non combat options for killing the bosses. 

I suppose though people will think Im wrong for having chosen to pre order NMS instead of this. I was choosing between them at the time, on top of definitely wanting Civ VI. 

Linus is my fetish.