Thinking about R9 270X... Will it bottleneck?

cnelson3225

30h play time. Never got to even 1900mb on ultra

Ultra Preset =/= Max settings

Not to mention potential driver differences/card differences yet. There were people who could run BF4 just fine on a 7850, and also people who barely scrapes 20fps on a 780. Think before you talk crap out of your arse.

Ultra Preset =/= Max settings

Not to mention potential driver differences/card differences yet. There were people who could run BF4 just fine on a 7850, and also people who barely scrapes 20fps on a 780. Think before you talk crap out of your arse.

In battlefield, ultra preset = max settings

And yes, i know driver differences and it was a beta. The point is that BF4 will not use over 2GB vram in the final version when playing in 1080p. I see no way BF4 would use over 2GB vram when BF3 uses barely 1,5GB on ultra.

I picked up the MSI 270x Hawk and never went over 1.45 while playing BF4 beta @ 1080p. Everything set to the Beta's version of Ultra.

BF3 - 1.415  ( Ultra and 1080p)

• 2 years later...

Hey.... Im not sure if any one new about this or not.

But for the R9 270 (non reference) owners here is a neat trick you can do to overclock even beyond what the AMD control panel provides.

So the max Core clock : 1050Mhz and Memory clock : 1500Mhz with a 20% Power limit are the one on the AMD control panel / control center and no way in the control center to exceed this limit.

One can use the MSI afterburner to achieve even higher clock speeds for the core and the memory.

Screenshots are as below..

1) go to settings in afterburner and in general tab look for "AMD Compatibility properties"

2) Check the option : " Extend official overclocking limits" 

3) Check on disable ULPS if R9 270 is in crossfire, ignore for single GPU users

4) From drop down of "unofficial overclocking mode" select : With powerplay support and also select / check the option just below this.

click OK, restart the MSI afterburner, and move on the change the clock speeds.

My tested limits with gaming only are core : 1080Mhz, memory : 1530Mhz with 20% power limit.

I have not done benchmarks though...

*** NOTE : perform these steps at your own risk as if any damage occurs due to overclock, we as in MSI, AMD and my self will not be responsible.

PERFORM AT YOUR OWN RISK******

post-270083-0-16914700-1445529337.jpgpost-270083-0-41845400-1445529339.jpgpost-270083-0-39759000-1445529341.jpg