Msi z170a gaming m7 Controlling fan speeds?

HeyZReD

Hi there, i have recently built my new pc with 3 Corsair SP 120 fans as intakes in the front. my case is a noctis 450 from nzxt and it has a fan hub but i still cant control the fan speed.. where do i have to connect the fans in order to adjust the speed cause it is very loud and i think they are in 100% mode all time. please help

According to this article, yo need to connect both the molex power cable and the 4 pin cable in order to control de fans. Im thinking you only have the molex power connected

Core i7 7700k Kabylake stock + Kraken x52 | ASUS Z170-A | 8GB DDR4 2133MHz HyperX | ASUS GeForce GTX 1060 STRIX 6GB | 250GB SSD Samsung 850 EVO + 2TB HDD WD RE4 | Seasonic X-Series 650w | Corsair 460x RGB  | Win 10 Pro 64 bit | Corsair M65 PRO RGB Mouse | Corsair K70 RGB RapidFire

On 2016-08-22 at 9:42 PM, xGGAx said:

According to this article, yo need to connect both the molex power cable and the 4 pin cable in order to control de fans. Im thinking you only have the molex power connected

i mean i have connected the 3 pin fans to the fan hub and then connected the fan hub to a molex connector to the power supply. i cant see a 4 pin from the fan hub. and i dont want to sell the 3 pin fans just to get 4 pin fans instead so i can lower down the RPM cause it is just going on 100% all the time

7 hours ago, HeyZReD said:

i mean i have connected the 3 pin fans to the fan hub and then connected the fan hub to a molex connector to the power supply. i cant see a 4 pin from the fan hub. and i dont want to sell the 3 pin fans just to get 4 pin fans instead so i can lower down the RPM cause it is just going on 100% all the time

unless your case has a different fan hub, the header on the top is the one that should go to your motherboard. The manual says:

The NZXT PWM fan hub supports pulse width modulation (PWM) control via the motherboard CPU_FAN header and can power up to 8 fans with a combined maximum output of 30 watts by external 12V 4-pin Molex power. For full PWM support, please connect the PWM cable from the hub to the “CPU_FAN” or “CPU_OPT” port on the motherboard. If no PWM signal is provided, the connected fans will spin at full speed. The white pin header located on the PWM fan hub is reserved for connecting the CPU cooler. If necessary, please use the included extension cable to connect the CPU cooler to the hub. When connecting the fan hub to the CPU_OPT port on the motherboard, please connect a single fan to the white header for PWM functions to work properly. To provide power to the fan hub and the connected fans, connect the attached Molex connector to the power supply. NOTE: Not all 4-pin fan ports on the motherboard support true PWM. Please consult the motherboard manufacturer’s documentation for PWM specications.

7245_18_nzxt-noctis-450-mid-tower-chassis-review.jpg

Core i7 7700k Kabylake stock + Kraken x52 | ASUS Z170-A | 8GB DDR4 2133MHz HyperX | ASUS GeForce GTX 1060 STRIX 6GB | 250GB SSD Samsung 850 EVO + 2TB HDD WD RE4 | Seasonic X-Series 650w | Corsair 460x RGB  | Win 10 Pro 64 bit | Corsair M65 PRO RGB Mouse | Corsair K70 RGB RapidFire

pictures 

7245_18_nzxt-noctis-450-mid-tower-chassis-review.jpgfanheader.png

Edited by WoodenMarker
fixed photos