Powerful laptop in the CPU department under £1000

FOR MUSIC PRODUCTION!

AS LONG AS THE CPU AND MEMORY IS GOOD, I COULDN'T GIVE A SHIT ABOUT THE GRAPHICS!

A SSD SO I CAN PUT WINDOW AND THE AUDIO SOFTWARE ON WOULD BE ALSO GREAT! 

11 minutes ago, ConorVincent said:

FOR MUSIC PRODUCTION!

AS LONG AS THE CPU AND MEMORY IS GOOD, I COULDN'T GIVE A SHIT ABOUT THE GRAPHICS!

A SSD SO I CAN PUT WINDOW AND THE AUDIO SOFTWARE ON WOULD BE ALSO GREAT! 

GET A MACBOOK PRO AND I AINT EVEN KIDDING, YOU COULD BOOTCAMP TO WINDOWS OR WATEVA

4 minutes ago, wrathoftheturkey said:

Dude... the CPU for the cheap model is shit.

Intel Broadwell i5 man, Its very far away from shit

1 minute ago, Wedsea040 said:

i5-6287U versus a i7-6700HQ? Ha! Comical.

It would be no much different in terms of speed. Its mobile grade CPU!
You should consider more on this: that U mean Ultra Low Watt CPU. Last longer batterie with insignificant performance against HQ. Not mention has less heat also
And for what i know, there no MBP with this CPU i5-6287U's edition

3 minutes ago, Yahtadi said:

You should consider more on this: that U mean Ultra Low Watt CPU. Last longer batterie with insignificant performance against HQ. Not mention has less heat also

He needs power, U units are weaker than desktop i3's

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Those who know much are aware that they know little. - Slick roasting me

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

Offical first poster LTT V2.0

Just now, Clanscorpia said:

He needs power, U units are weaker than desktop i3's

If you compare Mobile grade CPU against the Destop grade one, of course
But if you compare U against HQ, boy.. Using HQ with no GPU is waste of money
But hey, it just my opinion right

Just now, Yahtadi said:

If you compare Mobile grade CPU against the Destop grade one, of course
But if you compare U against HQ, boy.. Using HQ with no GPU is waste of money
But hey, it just my opinion right

The HQ is clocked higher and have 4 more threads. It will be used with a 960m

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

3 minutes ago, Clanscorpia said:

The HQ is clocked higher and have 4 more threads. It will be used with a 960m

He said and i quote "FOR MUSIC PRODUCTION!"
If into gaming sure HQ and 960m would be nice

3 minutes ago, Wedsea040 said:

The i7-6700HQ is within 10% (Probably less) of the i7-6700K...

Same goes to you

4 minutes ago, Wedsea040 said:

http://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i7-6700HQ-vs-Intel-Core-i7-6700K/m34954vs3502

Its actually more than a 40% improvement.

12 minutes ago, Yahtadi said:

I can't find a good benchmark for the the i7-6700HQ vs i5-6287u but it should outperform the multasking by 50%.

Its a good difference in speed though single threaded performances should be about the same.

http://www.cpu-monkey.com/en/compare_cpu-intel_core_i7_6700hq-573-vs-intel_core_i5_6287u-583

Spoiler

CPU: i7 5930k  |  Motherboard: EVGA X99 Classified  |  RAM: 32 GB Crucial DDR4  |  GPU:  R9 290 Reference Tri-Crossfire w/Kraken g10 mod  | Case: Corsair 780t  |  Storage: Sandisk 960GB SSD, Crucial 960GB SSD, 128GB Sandisk SSD, Seagate 2TB Hard Drive, Seagate Archive Drive 8TB, HGST Deskstar 4TB  |  PSU: Rosewill Gold Lightning-1300, Display(s): Nixeus Vue 24"144Hz FreeSync, 50in TV, Yiynova MVP22U(V3) Tablet Monitor w/ Mechanical Arm  |  Cooling: Cosair H55, H105, 2*Kraken X41  |  Keyboard:  Rosewill Mechanical Brown Keyboard| Mouse: MX Master, G602  | Sound:  Sennheiser HD 700, Westone W40, SoundBlaster e5, Fiio e18

1 minute ago, Yahtadi said:

What he's doping might need the extra power

Spoiler

AXIOM

I agree with the 7559. I'm using that SKU right now, and with my new Crucial MX300 275GB, it's a really snappy machine.

Great CPU (4 hyperthreaded Skylake cores at 3.5Ghz max turbo,) great graphics (plays games like Rocket League, CS:GO, Overwatch) at max 1080p settings with no problems. SSD+HDD is awesome for a laptop this size, and the battery is no slouch.

15.6" 1080p matte display with great colors, and it's very bright at full brightness. Even with the fans running, it's quiet. Most of the time they don't even turn on- only while playing games. Speakers are decent for laptop speakers when not at full volume. Webcam is okay.

For sound production, I don't know what makes this laptop good or bad. Watch reviews of laptops to see which one would be the best for you.

I used to be quite active here.

The good reason why a mac could be a good idea is because he will have access to develop in iOS and windows. Spec wise its a bad idea but you can get more out of it since you can work in both platforms.

Spoiler

CPU: i7 5930k  |  Motherboard: EVGA X99 Classified  |  RAM: 32 GB Crucial DDR4  |  GPU:  R9 290 Reference Tri-Crossfire w/Kraken g10 mod  | Case: Corsair 780t  |  Storage: Sandisk 960GB SSD, Crucial 960GB SSD, 128GB Sandisk SSD, Seagate 2TB Hard Drive, Seagate Archive Drive 8TB, HGST Deskstar 4TB  |  PSU: Rosewill Gold Lightning-1300, Display(s): Nixeus Vue 24"144Hz FreeSync, 50in TV, Yiynova MVP22U(V3) Tablet Monitor w/ Mechanical Arm  |  Cooling: Cosair H55, H105, 2*Kraken X41  |  Keyboard:  Rosewill Mechanical Brown Keyboard| Mouse: MX Master, G602  | Sound:  Sennheiser HD 700, Westone W40, SoundBlaster e5, Fiio e18

Just now, iLoiter said:

The good reason why a mac could be a good idea is because he will have access to develop in iOS and windows. Spec wise its a bad idea but you can get more out of it since you can work in both platforms.

Hackintosh 4 life

Spoiler

AXIOM

4 minutes ago, Clanscorpia said:

What he's doping might need the extra power

GPU probably not gonna help in Music Production 

Just now, Yahtadi said:

GPU probably not gonna help in Music Production 

He needs the CPU, the GPU is an extra

Spoiler

AXIOM

I did benchmarks in CPU-Z using the i7-6700HQ as a reference and I was within less than 10% of the desktop equivalent, when the i7-6700K is at stock though.

Strange... Even if i use a i7 6700(non k) vs a i7 6700hq its still about over 20%. You are correct that I used a average overclocked skew. 

http://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i7-6700HQ-vs-Intel-Core-i7-6700/m34954vs3515

Spoiler

Just now, Clanscorpia said:

He needs the CPU, the GPU is an extra

Yes but you dont get it
Extra for what? Extreme rendering? Gaming? sure that would be extra
But rendering High FLA(for example) doesnt need to GPU that much, in fact no need at all

A production laptop doesn't have to be powerful. Some people prefer a thin and light ultrabook(or mac) with a good build quality and good battery life(10+ hours). Hey OP do you want a ultrabook?

Spoiler

Yes but it is better than the iGPU in the Mac and it is less money. You are missing the point. The Mac is overpriced for worse hardware. Whether or not he will use the GPU the 7559 is cheaper and has a better CPU by about 50%.

Well, if we talk about iPrice
Cant argue with that, couldnt agree more

2 minutes ago, iLoiter said:

A production laptop doesn't have to be powerful. Some people prefer a thin and light ultrabook(or mac) with a good build quality and good battery life(10+ hours). Hey OP do you want a ultrabook?

This is exactly what i am referring into!
You gotta admit, dat Apple thingy is well-build

25 minutes ago, Wedsea040 said:

What? The 7559 is a 15.6 inch laptop with a max turbo of 3.5GHz.

lol 15.6 inch kill me

And my mistake on the 3.6Ghz. Last I checked the specs on this thing was three weeks ago, when I bought it.

I used to be quite active here.

1 hour ago, Wedsea040 said:

WHAT

It's not even close.

It's a 3.1GHz 4-core-load CPU with 6MB of L3 cache. It only boosts to 3.5GHz in single-thread applications.

The 6700K is 4GHz 4-core load CPU with 8MB of L3 cache, and getting it to something like 4.3GHz or higher can pretty much be done in one's sleep and remain stable.

I have finally moved to a desktop. Also my guides are outdated as hell.

THE INFORMATION GUIDES: SLI INFORMATION || vRAM INFORMATION || MOBILE i7 CPU INFORMATION || Maybe more someday