Drive Partition and OS Problems with New Computer (Help)

positivePXL

So, I finished building my computer a while ago, at least the physical part. The software part of it has remained a thorn in my side since day one. 

The first few steps went fine, make sure it posts, pop in the OS CD, create a partition on your SSD for your OS before installing it (in my case, I allotted 60gb to my OS partition, which is going to become one of the focuses of my anger here), let the OS install, restart the computer, let it boot, and pop in the driver disk. And this of all places, was where the problems started. 

I dropped my MSI all-in-one driver disk that came with my GamingM5 board into the ROM player, and let it spin up. The UI itself worked fine, I looked through the list of drivers and bloatware it would install, deselected Norton and a few another tiny utility item, no big deal, and let it start installing everything. I came back a few minutes later, and I found it, stuck on the install of the Nehimic audio utility. I let it sit for a little while, but it just stayed, 99.99% installed, for around 15 minutes. In the back of my mind already at this point, I am of course thinking to myself, 'terrific, this is gunna a friggin shit-show isn't it?' I hate being right about these kinds of things. After a forced reboot of my computer and the driver installer program, the Nehimic utility installed properly. Later that same day however, as I was trying to find drivers for my wireless internet dongle (which ended up having been  waste of time because I later found a 50" ethernet cable, the only thing capable of reaching my desk from across the room from the router without running straight down the middle of the floor), I realized that I had no sound. I managed to get my good friend to get on through TeamViewer to take a look around my system while it was still plugged in. A network engineer my trade, and a computer builder by profession, I trusted him with this kind of work. What we later found out and fixed, (albeit after taking 4 hours to fix), was that my audio drivers had not been properly installed, and that my motherboard/OS didn't even recognize it's own audio chipset. 

Now, that was only the first hurdle, these days, I have problems equally as dumbfounding. For starters, even though I have every version of VC++ installed, I can't get PCSX2 (a ps2 emulator) to run, because it says it's missing a file that I am pretty handled by the VC++ installs. On the other hand, I couldn't even get PCSX2 to install correctly, because it would always get hung up on trying to process the same damn file, which I had at one time even let sit for an hour while I tried to let it work. I am getting weird crashes while playing Minecraft, half the time my computer just saying that my graphics drivers have crashed, even though my computer would otherwise have been working flawlessly up until said crashes. FFS, Minecraft wouldn't even install to my SSD partition! It would only install properly when I installed it to my Hard Disk partition! Over the last couple of days, my computer will randomly just start freezing up in the middle of an action, and completely debilitate my machine until I force reboot it.

The most annoying of all of this BS, has started to make itself apparent. There are some programs that install themselves directly to the OS/boot partition in manners that cannot be configured to do otherwise. The problem it would seem, is that with all of these programs that I cannot ditch from my boot partition to my to more convenient locations, like my main SSD partition, seperate from my OS, or even preferably my massive 1tb RAID1 disk, they have completely saturated my boot partition. I have like 20mb free out of the 54.5gb of usable space on my boot partition. 

Now, I have tried to work around this. I opened up my disk management tool, and I shrank the size of my programs partition on my SSD, so that I could try and make room to [iexpand[/i] my boot partition. But it won't let me! I am angry, and I am god damn pissed off. I can't even get my new GoldenEye Source to install, because it refuses to extract the files to anywhere except my users files location (in the god damn boot partition).

I don't know what to do, I am already sick and tired of trying to deal with this bull. Please, for the love of <insert deity here>, help me, HELP ME!

Thank you in advance, 

positivePXL [+PXL]

(Yes, I watched Luke's video on optimizing drives and driver partitions, yes, I watched the part where he relocates some library groups to locate to other places, but he was also using Win8 or Win10 at that time, and I am only running Win7. Besides, none of that would prevent programs from installing to the user files. . .)

yeah don't use the disk in the box. Let windows install drivers for you or for graphics you can download from amd/NVidia site.

also why would you have a boot partition and a program partition? Just let windows have the whole drive and use your raid fir file storage

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´

Never. Ever use the disc in the box unless you have to. Find the online pages for your motherboard and gpu and go to the support section. Download drivers from there. Or use a driver pack program

22 minutes ago, vorticalbox said:

also why would you have a boot partition and a program partition? Just let windows have the whole drive and use your raid fir file storage

This is what I was told to do, I'm sorry, it's just what happened. 

I now know that having a spare partition for the OS is a bad idea, but now I have no means by which to expand my current OS partition to fill the drive. 

So, the questions now come down to, what are my options? Should I move all my program partition items to my hard disks, and then just wipe the SSD, reinstall Window's? Should I do most of the other steps, but jump straight to Win10 this time? I honestly don't know what to do right now.

41 minutes ago, vorticalbox said:

yeah don't use the disk in the box. Let windows install drivers for you or for graphics you can download from amd/NVidia site.

I dont trust Microsoft. Its best to download the few (3-4) necessary drivers from your Motherboard manufacturer and additionally the gpu driver.

I have McAfee though, I thought it was supposed to be keeping all of my drivers up-to-date?

How big is your SSD?
I would reinstall windows on your ssd, remove anything you dont need on there first, including any partitions you dont need.
Then install drivers for your graphics from nvidia, and any other PCI slots, then ethernet. then leave the rest to windows update
Finish windows updates then install your programs, making sure to move uncommonly used ones off the SSD if you have a small ssd