Are there any gps with dash cam built in?

winkawak

Like the title suggests, i dont want my window to be clustered with devices.

Like a GPS tracker that keeps track of where your car has been? Or a GPS that tells you where to go? If you need the latter, just use your phone and download the map of your local area in Google maps. 

ASU

GPS navigation with dash cam built in like nuvicam but better or cheaper. I only able to find two that has this feature garmin nuvicam and magellan 6230lm but both are medicore not very good.

On 2016-08-21 at 4:23 PM, winkawak said:

GPS navigation with dash cam built in like nuvicam but better or cheaper. I only able to find two that has this feature garmin nuvicam and magellan 6230lm but both are medicore not very good.

Well you're asking for a VERY NICHE device. As you can see, your options are either: shitty and cheap, or, good and very expensive.

I would honestly just deal with a dedicated Dash Cam. You'll get a much better recording device for much cheaper.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

I managed to hide my dashcam behind the mirror and tuck the wire under the roof and through the A pillar. As for GPS my phone fits perfectly into the screen for the sound system which I don't really use anyway. If you do test runs with the wires and plan before hand you'll have a much better experience than if you just buy a do all device.

14 hours ago, Silverwolf_7 said:

I managed to hide my dashcam behind the mirror and tuck the wire under the roof and through the A pillar. As for GPS my phone fits perfectly into the screen for the sound system which I don't really use anyway. If you do test runs with the wires and plan before hand you'll have a much better experience than if you just buy a do all device.

Good points here. Cable management is key. When I used to run a Dash Cam, I also hid it behind the Rear View Mirror.

I stopped using mine because it started to crap out in the middle of the cold cold Canadian Winter. It didn't like those sub -30C temperatures. And I'm sure as hell not lugging the thing into and out of my car every single day. If I get a Dash Cam, it's staying in the car 24/7.

I've been meaning to look at alternatives lately. I'd like to get a dual cam solution w/ a rear view camera, all that are certified to operate in sub -30C temperatures (Ideally up to -40C). Most days in Winter here stay around -15 to -20, but it can easily get below -30C on a cold day.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)