ASUS SABERTOOTH X99

Hi, I'm trying to get a good x99 motherboard (Socket 2011-x3) and came across the Sabertooth x99, apparantly this is a bad motherboard? I saw reviews on newegg, is it actually this bad? Does anyone own it? If you know anything about it please help, also, would it be better to get the X99 Pro or the X99 Deluxe-2?

i'm not really a fan of the thermal armor, it kinda seems like a waste of money, however i'd be all over it if it also had EMI shielding over the audio.

there's some reports of the small fans on the tuf boards going stupidly loud. i like asus boards, but the TUFs seem less practical than showpiece. (i have a sabertooth Z97 mk2, because without thermal armor it was basicly half the price of the mk1...)

i'd suggest bouncing trough jayztwocents' videos, more specificly the ones where he mentions his collection of x99 motherboards, he has quite a few picks that seem to be rock solid options from the horrible things he's been doing to them.

Thanks, but by "there's some reports of the small on the tuf boards" what do you mean?

Do not trust user reviews, I've bought 3 egg boards and they work fine. Like the Sabertooth X99, then get it. Look at the specs of the boards and see if there are any limitations with the number of devices it will let you install. Asus will mostly mentioned in on their specs page.

X99 Deluxe is their top of the line board where it comes with lots of accessories. For some it's useful, others might think they're wasting money on it.

Newer updated ones that came out with Broadwell-E from Asus are

X99-E, X99-A II, X99-Deluxe II, Strix X99, Rampage V Edition 10, and X99-E 10G WS

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list