i7 6700k Voltage Issues

Motherboard: Asus z170 Pro

CPU: i7 6700k, stock clock (windows in performance mode)

CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i v2

PSU: EVGA Supernova 750 G2

If I set my motherboard settings to default (except for turning of q-fan control on the CPU fan so I can use Corsair Link), the CPU voltage idles at the desktop at 1.344v, but when I put load on it (Cinebench, Realbench, etc) the voltage goes down to 1.26-1.29v. In the BIOS, the voltage is displayed differently every time, so I don't really know if I can base anything off of that. I'm also running the latest BIOS version. I'm just confused why it would run at 1.344 when idling, which seems really high for stock settings at only 4.2Ghz boost. I can overclock the CPU and hit 4.7Ghz at a manual 1.34 voltage so why does the stock setting go that far for only 4Ghz?...

on my 6700k I've had its stock voltage gets as high as the 1.5's (in short bursts). I've even seen get to 1.63 once. (This is the Vcore, not the VID)

To answer your question, I have no idea why the "auto" setting puts it that high, and I have no idea what makes it do that. I've experienced similar idle voltages and similarly lower voltages when under medium-heavy use. strangely enough voltage is highest during light or sporadic workloads. I just underclocked my 6700k. I have it running at 4.0 GHz at 1.225 all day every day now. no speed steps or turbo boost. I only game so this is plenty for me.

Basically i'm saying that this isn't unusual, but if you want it to stop, just manually set your voltage.