From i7 2600 to 2600k, 2700k or 3770k?

Go to solution Solved by D3L3T3D,

If you really wish to upgrade whilst keeping your current platform, then I would suggest going for the 3770k. According to Userbenchmark, it performs about 15% better in benchmarks than your current CPU, compared to the 2700k that performs "only" 10% better in said benchmarks. In any case, the 3770k is a nice CPU that can still serve for quite a while before being too much of a bottleneck.

Hello guys!

I currently have this setup

-i7 2600

-Corsair Vengeance 4x4 16gb 1600mhz

-XFX R9 270X 2GB (using x2 6pin)

-Sentey Arvina

-Asus P8Z68-V LE

-Cooler Master 212 EVO

-x3 1tb WD Caviar Black

-120gb SSD Kingston

I'm really comfy with this setup for gaming and renders, i'm about to replace the gpu with a MSI 980 and the ram for x4 8gigs Crucial Ballistix Tactical Sticks, but what about the CPU?

I have the non K version of it and i'm wiling to upgrade it to either 2600k, 2700k or 3770k.

Which one do you guys recommend?

Thanks!

3770K but that would mean replacing the motherboard too because i think that CPU is a different socket but otherwise go with the 2700K and overclock it

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Just now, Bananasplit_00 said:

3770K but that would mean replacing the motherboard too because i think that CPU is a different socket but otherwise go with the 2700K and overclock it

I have already checked, it supports the 3770k. Thanks!

stay there. wait for the next gen of cpus xD 

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

3 minutes ago, themctipers said:

stay there. wait for the next gen of cpus xD 

I still don't find it worth upgrading to 6th gen. Also it'd be a pain in the budget this here are 3 times more expensive... I should get new mobo, ram and cpu. That's why I want to upgrade the cpu keeping same mobo, etc.

Intel have a big performance advantage over AMD nowadays so I'd wait a little bit to see what AMD pulls off and hopefully that forces Intel to release better CPUs. I mean, there's a bigger gap between Nehalem to Sandy Bridge than Sandy Bridge to Haswell or even Skylake.

In any case, the 3770k is a nice CPU. I'd go for that if your motherboard supports it.

AMD R5 3600|MSI B450 Gaming+ MAX|Sapphire RX5700 Nitro+|2x16GB DDR4 3200|WD SN750 500GB|Seagate 2x4TB RAID0|Cryorig H5 Universal|Seasonic GX-750

If you really wish to upgrade whilst keeping your current platform, then I would suggest going for the 3770k. According to Userbenchmark, it performs about 15% better in benchmarks than your current CPU, compared to the 2700k that performs "only" 10% better in said benchmarks. In any case, the 3770k is a nice CPU that can still serve for quite a while before being too much of a bottleneck.

3770k is a nice chip,  but it does have heat issues past 4.5ghz

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case