computer wont boot after WC and harddrive instalation

oli2461

Hi, I recently made an upgrade to my gaming pc (which worked flawlessly for almost a year now). I know installed an EK predator and a WD black hard drive, and my pc wont boot anymore... The dram led lit up, and remained lit, memok button doesn’t change a thing, swapping my ram sticks to a different slot either, unplugging every hard drive doesn’t work either and using only own stick of ram doesn’t work.... Once, the cpu led was the one that remained lit for a couple of seconds and the computer would just shut off and reboot infinitely. Please for the love of god tell me I haven't cracked my cpu die (the screws on the mounting system are not too tight, just how they should be) Also, the EK TIM was a lot more liquid than I thought, I also hope a little of it havent's seeped in my cpu socket...

System: i7-6700k, asus z170-A, Asus GTX 980ti, crucial 250GB ssd, WD blue 1TB, WD black 2TB, 16GB Gskill DDR4 memory (2 sticks), ek predator AIO and an EVGA supernova 650W

9 minutes ago, oli2461 said:

Hi, I recently made an upgrade to my gaming pc (which worked flawlessly for almost a year now). I know installed an EK predator and a WD black hard drive, and my pc wont boot anymore... The dram led lit up, and remained lit, memok button doesn’t change a thing, swapping my ram sticks to a different slot either, unplugging every hard drive doesn’t work either and using only own stick of ram doesn’t work.... Once, the cpu led was the one that remained lit for a couple of seconds and the computer would just shut off and reboot infinitely. Please for the love of god tell me I haven't cracked my cpu die (the screws on the mounting system are not too tight, just how they should be) Also, the EK TIM was a lot more liquid than I thought, I also hope a little of it havent's seeped in my cpu socket...

System: i7-6700k, asus z170-A, Asus GTX 980ti, crucial 250GB ssd, WD blue 1TB, WD black 2TB, 16GB Gskill DDR4 memory (2 sticks), ek predator AIO and an EVGA supernova 650W

Try doing a reseat of your CPU, check the socket as well. Clean off the thermal paste and try again.

i've had this. try loosening the cooler thubscrews a little. hopefully that will work.

EDIT: That's what solved it for me, anyway.

Ok guys, it's my second pc build and yet I made such a dumb mistake.... I dont know how it happened, but my ram slots "locks" got stuck in the open position (yeah, the 4 of em....) but after messin around with them, my pc started to work again (obviously..) Thanks everyone and I'm sorry to even have asked about this now... ^^'

12 hours ago, oli2461 said:

~snip~

Hey there oli2461 :)

Glad to see you've resolved it. Make sure all the rest of the parts are installed and seated properly and firmly on the motherboard so you avoid any future issues. Make sure the thermal paste isn't leaking on the sides of the CPU, none of the cables are hanging loose and touching the other parts and that the motherboard isn't touching the case. 

If you want to be on the safe side that your data is safe you can run some diagnostic tests on the storage drives (which is recommended every once in a while) with tools from the manufacturers. For the WD drives that would be WD Data Lifeguard Diagnostic. Let me know if you have any questions!  

Cheers!

Captain_WD. 

If this helped you, like and choose it as best answer - you might help someone else with the same issue. ^_^
WDC Representative, http://www.wdc.com/