"budget" audio solution

Bl00dgod

currently my sound setup looks like this

room >- "hollywood 3-way" 50w speakers and an old crappy stereo system, i´ll check the name later 

pc -> sennheiser game one (mic starts failing again, i´ll try RMA again or ask for a refund and get something that doesnt die every 5-6 months)

my budget for headset+mic is ~300 bucks 

and ~250 for the "sound system"

as replacement i was thinking about something like the "harman kardon" (maybe with bluetooth)       i saw that @ShadowCaptain uses them, so they seem to be worthy

and some new headphones + mic

maybe a blue yeti "snowball" mic + sennheiser urbanite or beyerdynamics

would you recommend using wireless headphones?

glad about advice and suggestions

thanks in advance

Spoiler

CPU i7 4790K 4,7Ghz Cooling:Corsair H100iGTX+Noctua NF-F12PWM GPU: EVGA 1080ti SC+ ACX2.0+ RAM:16GB DDR3 1866mhz Crucial Balistics Tactical Tracer Mobo:ASUS Z97-AR PSU:EVGA 750W G2 Supernova Case:Fractal Meshify C Storage:500GB Samsung 850 evo, 900GB Toshiba Game Storage SSD, 2TB Data HDD

i7 4790k Devils Canyon OC @4,6Ghz,Cooler Corsair h100i GTX, GPU EVGA 980Ti SC+ ACX 2.0+ @ stoc

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/278610-display-technology-faqmythbuster/

5 minutes ago, Bl00dgod said:

SNIP

Get the MMX300s if you want a headset! one of the best mics on a headset and its got fantastic sound for games and music (its basically some DT770s with a crazy good mic on it)

Or get some nice Sennhesiers/Beyers and mod mic (or an AT2020 if you want something like that)

I really do like my Harmon Kardon system, mostly because it looks awesome and was designed by Jony Ive - it sounds great for the money though, I just have the basic one, bluetooth was useless to me as my pc set up as I can control my music from my phone via spotify

but tons of options for speakers depending on what you want!

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

1 hour ago, ShadowCaptain said:

snip

i´d control the harmon kardon from pc too

i guess anything has a better quality than the current speakers... and stereo is ok

loved the ad of the SH urbanite .. dont know what their marketing did there but its unique ... must been stoned

when i had to choose last time i went the sennheiser way but beyerdynamics will be the way this time i guess

the mmx is great, like your review on yt @ShadowCaptain

both will be used on my asus z97 ar onboard sound

do i need a Y adapter/hub to connect headset and speakers at the same time? changing the plugs always was a pain 

always used my vnc playlist but spotify seems worth a try too and being able to control it on my OP2 

Spoiler

CPU i7 4790K 4,7Ghz Cooling:Corsair H100iGTX+Noctua NF-F12PWM GPU: EVGA 1080ti SC+ ACX2.0+ RAM:16GB DDR3 1866mhz Crucial Balistics Tactical Tracer Mobo:ASUS Z97-AR PSU:EVGA 750W G2 Supernova Case:Fractal Meshify C Storage:500GB Samsung 850 evo, 900GB Toshiba Game Storage SSD, 2TB Data HDD

i7 4790k Devils Canyon OC @4,6Ghz,Cooler Corsair h100i GTX, GPU EVGA 980Ti SC+ ACX 2.0+ @ stoc

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/278610-display-technology-faqmythbuster/